Automatic Fare Collection expert
Last Updated: 7th July 2020 (over 2 years ago)
Eight years of software testing and auditing experiences in retail banks ATM, POS/EPOS Terminals, credit card transactions processing and cheques clearing systems applications.
BSc Hon Computer Science.
PRINCE 2 Foundation Certificate in Project Management.
Prince 2 Foundation in Project Management
— Apr 2017
BSc Hon Computer Science
— Jul 1984
— Jan 2019
To act as the Automatic Fare Collection System Lead (SY-207) for CH2M Engineering Consultancy Service (now Jacobs as of December 15, 2017) – responsible for the Reference Design, Integration and Technical Support (railway systems) for the Klang Valley Mass Rapid Transit Line 2. Play a leading role in the development of Automatic Fare Collection System in relation to system enhancements, revenue operations advancement and integration into the overall rail transport system.
My main responsibilities include:
- Provide professional advice on all technical matters related to the design of the Automatic Fare Collection System to ensure contractual and maintenance compliance requirements.
- Managing and monitoring contractors in establishing Automatic Fare Collection System as per contractual agreement.
- Monitoring the performance of contractors in compliance with health & safety and security requirements.
- Participating in design review meetings & workshops with the contractors and the client ensuring all system specifications, such as RAMS, SA, V&V requirements are accomplished.
- Participating in Risk Management meetings ensuring all project risks related to AFC System are identified, recorded and managed via ARM software application.
- Review all system and equipment design documents, Interface Control Documents, all relevant drawings, various project plans and test procedures, record comments via Aconex.
- Ensure all requirements and safety standards are met using ComplyPro to track and trace compliances.
AFC Consultant / Specialist
— Nov 2016
• MetroSolutions Ltd – Project advisor for the Cairo Ramadan 10th LRT project, a design-build-operate project funded by the Chinese government; Tender support for ITS (a mainland State-Owned Enterprise) to bid for railway projects in Hong Kong; Tender support for the Macao LRT contract supervision project for all E&M Systems; Bangkok Metro Green Line AFC System Project (bidding manager); CSR Overseas Business Development Consultancy (bidding manager); Prepared proposal to help China South Rail (CSR) to develop its overseas market.
• Aster Gulf (Dorsch Gruppe) – Worked as AFC System Engineer on the King Abdulaziz Public Transport Project for Riyadh (Kingdome of Saudi Arabia), a 30 Billion USD project that includes 6 Metro Lines – 178 Km driverless, 87 stations and 4 Iconic stations, 4 BRTS (Bus Rapid Transit System) Line, Community and Feeder buses lines.
• TUV-SUD Hong Kong – Identified a team of AFC and Access Control System experts to be based in KL Malaysia; Prepared the technical and financial proposal for a metro AFC project in KL, Malaysia; Bidding manager for the new metro line Operation Readiness Assessment Consultancy for Singapore LTA (Land and Transport Authority); EMSD Lifts Maintenance and Certification Consultancy Services – bidding manager; MTR C11042/C11045/C8044 ISA consultancy on rolling stocks and signalling– bidding manager.
— Jul 2000
- Octopus Card Auto-pay – project manager, lead the negotiation and finally successful implementation of the Auto-pay System with Dah Sing Bank.
- Octopus Card Personalisation system – project manager, enable card holders to personalise their Octopus Card and report card lost to minimise their losses.
- Octopus Card System – over 750 million HKD project involved all Hong Kong major public transport service providers, reviewed design documents of all AFC System components, performed FAT / UAT / testing / commissioning, and performed field trials for the whole system ensuring safety standards of equipment and revenue security are met.