Last Updated: 11th October 2017 (over 4 years ago)
Master of Science in Human Resource Management
— Jun 2009
Bachelor of Science Honors in Agriculture
— Mar 2001
As an HR Manager joined FPHC (Frontier Primary Health Care) organisation having its Head Office in Mardan, KPK and working in Health Sector(focusing on PHC, MNCH, Malaria Control Program, Nutrition and in Education sector with its main focus on Afghan Refugees in collaboration with UNHCR while other donors and partners being Global Fund (Malaria Control Program), WFP & UNICEF for Nutrition, CMAM Projects, ECHO funded MNCH program with Johanniter International and self-sustained, Abdali Hospital, Mardan plus BEmNOC Centre, Ismaila, Swabi. The area of operations include many districts, such D. I. Khan, Kohat, Peshawar, Charsadda, Mardan, Nowshera, Swabi, Haripur and Mansehra.
• Policy and Process Improvement; Using insights gained from regular data monitoring, provide recommendations to ensure HR processes and procedures are lean and understood by colleagues across all the areas where the organisation operates.
• Also based on the said insights and also on labour law, provide recommendations to ensure policies are relevant and compliant.
• Lead on the management of key information including contracts, role profiles, organograms, recruitment files, data snapshots and reports. Also support the HR team in different projects by acting as the focal point for queries around policy, pay and benefits.
• Coordinate with all concerned on recruitment activities such as sourcing, interviewing and shortlisting applicants. Prepare interview packs and carry pre-employment checks.
• Follow up and liaise with selected candidates on details of job offer, provide standard details on procedures. Also manage the on-boarding of newly recruited staff, including offer/contract letters, induction, probationary reviews and letters for salary increments throughout employment.
• Assist to identify the training needs and evaluate the effectiveness of training programmes in order to provide advice for future needs. Support performance management and training administration, maintain and follow-up employee training records.
• Manage end to end processing of organisation’s payroll. While doing so also prepare payroll related reports. Administer all payroll and employee welfare related tasks including but not limited to terminal gratuity calculations, annual/monthly tax preparations, EOBI and health insurance payments and monthly reconciliation work.
• Work closely with all the departments and field offices increasingly in a consultancy role regarding HR issues in order to improve internal communication. Help employees adapt to organisational changes in working conditions, the introduction of new technologies. Organise employee services such as health and safety and social activities and assist in interpreting and advice on local/Pakistani labour law.
• Maintain the personal records of employees on matters such as salaries, leave and training, and prepare associated management reports.
• Key relationships
• Internal: FPHC’s operational and support teams (Executive Director/Deputy Executive Director/Logistics/ Finance / Programme Staff). External: EOBI Management, Department of Health, District Administration, Health/Life Insurance Providing Companies, Local Media etc.
Senior HR Officer
— Aug 2016
As a Senior HR Officer stationed in provincial Office of Merlin, my responsibility along with the routine HR functions is to provide guidance and support to regional offices such as Buner, Dir Lower, Bannu and Quetta Office on recruitment, interviews, conducting training sessions to the newly hired staff on organisation’s policies and procedures, giving advice on grievance procedures etc. (The HR team in Bannu, Dir Lower, Buner and Quetta includes 2 HR Officers and 3 HR Assistants.)
My objective is to provide Human Resource support to the Merlin Pakistan programme and to ensure that all HR matters are in line with Merlin procedures plus local Labor Laws and staff records are always up to date with relevant information.
• Strategy, Planning, Change Management & Risk Management: To support HR Manager on development of agreed HR strategies & plans. To ensure that the HR policies and practices support the organization needs. The issues in HR, HR Plans and risks are actively managed by regular coordination meetings and reported in CMT and the final outcomes are included in continuity plan (e.g.; recruitment, payroll, performance, staff turnover).
• Recruitment: The main responsibilities are to support HR Manager in all aspects of recruitment and selection process while ensuring good HR practice and transparency are adhered to. This includes placing advertisements for vacancies in the local media when requested by the Managers after getting VAF approval. Other responsibilities include providing support in JD preparation, shortlisting for interviews and tests, selection, job offers plus it is also ensured, references are sought for all members of staff at time of acceptance of position.
• Employee Information: Regarding employee information the main duties include to oversee all of the national staff employment files within the Merlin Program. In coordination with the HR Manager, field sites and offices, it is ensured that each file has all of the appropriate documentation as per Merlin standard. By maintaining an up-to-date staff records, confidentiality is guaranteed. Other staff record apart from personnel files includes leave management database, EOBI and health insurance database.
• Contracts of Employment: All the in-coming national staff is briefed and issued with any kit needed for their job and also support HR Manager in briefing staff on HR issues and ensure that all relevant documents are obtained on arrival. It is also ensured that each national member of staff within the Merlin Pakistan program has a valid signed contract of employment plus signed code of conduct form and monitor contract start and end dates of all national staff of Merlin Pakistan. By supporting HR Manager in providing monthly reports to the field sites and CMT of staff leave entitlements while keeping leave record up-to-date both on computer and in files. It is ensured that the National Staff Regulations are kept up to date with the Pakistan Labor and Tax laws and regulations.
• Performance Management: It is guaranteed that performance management & professional development system operates to organization standard and procedures and good professional practice.
• Payroll: Accurate information is collected for the monthly payroll of staff and it is ensured that any unpaid leave/night duties are taken into account. Prepare monthly time sheets and are ensured to be completed and signed by all staff member and forwarded to country office on monthly basis. These timesheets are also coordinated for all staff within the respective field sites and confirming that a filing system is set up that coordinates with the payroll data.
• Policy & Procedures: Assist the management in updating and researching organizational HR policies and procedures where required. Provide routine advice on the terms and conditions of employment and personnel procedures which include appraisals, staff development in accordance with Merlin policies and legal requirements. Staff welfare policies such as health insurance claims reimbursements and EOBI are also managed.
• HR Systems & Procedures: Maintenance of an effective reporting system is guaranteed. An effective HR database and filing system is maintained for each staff member both electronically and in hard form while keeping confidentiality.