Lead Electrical Engineer
Last Updated: 16th September 2018 (over 4 years ago)
• Responsible for electrical engineering (Design, Planning, Execution, Testing and Commissioning and Operation and maintenance) process on assigned projects within a particular discipline. I develops innovative and unique engineering solutions to align with project, client and project partner’s needs, and leads the discipline team in implementing the solutions.
• Project engineer in a broad range of construction engineering work within a specific engineering discipline for a particular area of the project. Provides engineering assistance to superintendents, directs assigned personnel in meeting cost and time schedules, verifies materials, equipment, and quality and assures results meet the requirements.
— Jun 2006
— Aug 2003
Chartered Engineer (CEng)
Member of Institute of Engineering & Technology
Lead Electrical Engineer
• Monitor program cost activity and budget tracking, Attend meetings and inspections,
• The project included transformers, generators, Panel boards, lighting fixtures, power and data sockets, earthling and lightning network, fire alarm system, CCTV system, TV system, telephone system, security system, security control system and lighting control system.
• Preparing letters, site observations and accordingly issues site instructions to advise the contractor in any site work problems, pay attention to any further work delay and any miss coordination will lead to future problems in work at site.
• Preparing shop drawing of Electrical systems (Lighting &Power).
• All MEP works in buildings assuring that all the works are as per the project specifications, approved method of statements and approved shop drawings.
• Preparing method statement of the LV Switchgear panels- Main Distribution Boards (MDB), Motor Control Center (MCC), Sub-Main Distribution Boards (SMDB), Final Distribution Boards (FDB’s), PFC panels etc.
Leading the Project team, including detail. Preparation of ‘As built’ drawings and detailed BOM to concerned Design team.
• Plan and implement research methodology and procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects.
• Plans, directs and implements the development and integration of engineering, construction, system protection, commissioning, and maintenance standards and practices to achieve efficient and effective implementation of transmission infrastructure and maintenance plans consistent with corporate, safety, compliance and system performance objectives.
• Collaborates with the finance function to employ engineering economics and other financial techniques to integrate activities into near and long-term revenue requirements and financial planning and validate results.
• Ensures the safe, effective, and comprehensive commissioning of all new and/or modified facilities.
• Designs and implements engineering strategy and process to optimize and balance insourced and outsourced activities to effectively engineer and implement projects, and obtain and manage necessary asset records.
• Monitors system performance and condition and develops and implements responsive maintenance, protection and asset renewal programs that achieve corporate objectives.
• Collaborates with and supports the System Operations function in the day-to-day activities required to operate the transmission system.
• Works in concert with the Company’s executive leadership team in developing, implementing, and monitoring corporate and long-term performance goals, while executing the executive competency model.
• Develops and maintains design, material, equipment specification, construction standards and engineering practices for substations.
• Collaborates with planning and asset management personnel to develop project scope and prepare estimates for projects.
• Works as a team with colleagues in Construction, Planning, Business Administration
• Services, and Information Systems & Services to ensure that all aspects of the asset delivery process are accomplished in an effective and efficient manner.
Principal Electrical Engineer
— Feb 2013
• Prepared scope of work (electrical), bid break down price and milestone payment schedule for electrical and instrument elements.
• Supervised/ Lead Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning (EPCC) phases for Electrical activities.
• Reviewed and verified engineering drawings, design calculations, estimates and reports execution plans and all project deliverables to insure completeness, accuracy and soundness of applied project engineering principles and company standards and policies.
• Monitor and control assigned budgets and targets providing early warning of exception conditions and taking remedial action as appropriate.
• Co-ordinate with other disciplined engineers to ensure smooth construction activities
• Participate in Project Risk Assessment (PRA), Project Integrity Review (PIR) and HAZOP.
• Ensured all work at site comply within the company HSE standards.
Senior Electrical Engineer
— Feb 2011
• Substation Automation Systems, Overhead Lines, Underground Cables, Power Transformer, Switchgear, UGC Feeders, SVC Systems, Capacitor Banks, Pre-commissioning, Network Performance and Analysis, Monitoring and Troubleshooting of Network, Policy & Procedures of Electrical System, Network Security, Economical Studies of Energy.
• Protection & Relay, Power System Analysis and Fault Studies, Relay Settings & Protection Grading, Study of System Analysis and Fault Calculation, Analysis of Protection Operation. Planning, Design & Engineering
• Transmission Network, Lines & Substations, System Planning, Load Forecasting, Standards & Specifications, Pre-commissioning, Asset Performance & Quality, Study & Research, Right-of-way, etc. Power Dispatch, Control Room Operation.
• Run different studies such as Load Flow Study, Short circuit study …etc. using ETAP software.
• Prepare and review specifications, scope of work, list of materials and related drawings of Transmission systems and equipment for requested as well as planned projects
• Operation and maintenance of (4) Substations 110 KV / 66 KV 33 KV 11 KV 0.415 KV with their Transmission Lines & Distribution Networks.
• Responsibility for the integrity and fitness for purpose of all specified equipment and systems.
• Provide complete engineering coverage on new project specifications, installation check-out and start-up assistance.
• Manage and control all interfaces with other disciplines of the company, contractors and manufacturers.
• Preparation of requisitions and technical evaluation of subsequent bids for discipline material and equipment purchases
• Provide technical advice and supervision for personnel working on electrical project including compliance with specification and engineering standards, supervising final commissioning and advising on special operating problems.
— Jun 2006
• Power Substations
• SF6 Circuit Breakers (indoor& outdoor)
• Control panels& protective equipment
• Power transformers (33/11, 33/3.3, 33/0.415) KV
• Maintenance of L/H voltage switchgears
• Testing and commissioning of Protection & Relay, Power System Analysis and Fault Studies, Relay Settings & Protection Grading, Study of System Analysis and Fault Calculation.
• Run different studies such as Load Flow Study, Short circuit study …etc. using ETAP software