GM East Coast Operations / Director of Operations
Last Updated: 17th January 2019 (over 3 years ago)
Highlights of Expertise
• Services & Operations Leadership
• Budget Management & Cost Control
• Logistics & S&OP Management
• Lean Manufacturing & Quality Assurance
• Contract Management & Procurement
• Project and Program Management
• Strategic Analysis & Planning
• Government & Public Relations
• Finance and Accounting (Shared Services)
The American Red Cross, Leadership Education and Development (LEAD) Program (2013 – 2016)
Chosen by the company President to gain additional experience in project management, CRM, contract management, and strategic sourcing. Served as the designee for the Regional CEO, monitoring senior managers and directors within the organization.
— Jun 2016
Cornell University and Queen's University Joint Double MBA program.
— May 2016
Bachelor's Degree - International Relations, Government, & Political Science
— Jun 2008
Mexico: Studied abroad Program: (Focus: Politics, Culture, and Educational Systems – 2007-08)
Assoc. Degree - Criminal Justice and Sociology
— Jun 2006
GM East Coast Operations (Eastern U.S. and Europe Territories)
• Licensed a clinical laboratory through Massachusetts Department of Public Health and CLIA.
• Increased East Coast and European sales by 50% and doubled production capacity through more efficient processes, leading to increased revenue generation.
• Negotiated and implemented supply chain contracts with CDMO and CRO Key Accounts, providing Human Biological Samples for R&D and Drug discovery/manufacturing purposes.
o Manage ~35 key accounts valued at $22M, with total company revenue of ~$45M.
• Trained staff on current SOPs while complying with GCP and ISO standards.
Director of Operations (Massachusetts and Connecticut Regions, USA)
— Feb 2016
• Achieved regional goals by reaching >500K units of blood and platelets apheresis collections at 118%, resulting in largest producer in the U.S. - exported excess supplies to partnering regions.
• Achieved targeted AOP of $70M+, servicing 120 hospital accounts in MA/CT region (FY14, FY15).
• Launched five brand new blood collection clinical facilities, and a manufacturing laboratory from the ground up; met operational, quality goals (GCP and ISO) and FDA audits without any findings.
• Merged Massachusetts and Connecticut blood services regions under one executive team, served as the Designee for Regional CEO – monitored performances of Directors and Sr. Managers
Divisional Manager - Operations Support (CT, MA, ME, NH, VT Regions, USA)
— Aug 2013
System Administrator: Directed and evaluated departmental operations, including patient care delivery, information technologies, and service levels to achieve performance and quality control objectives. Developed 20+ staff (technical engineers, biomedical technicians, and field supervisors/managers), including hiring, orientation, and evaluation. Prepared, monitored, and evaluated departmental budgets.
• Managed budget of medical equipment and supplies - $10M annually.
• Implemented a blood processing national standardization project (BioARCH R1, & R2) in six different regions across the U.S. ensuring all staff training, equipment installed/validated, and QA approved.
• Reduced CAPEX by 10% annually during tenure, identifying best practices and labor efficiencies.
• Trained Northeast Division staff in GCP, GMP, Problem Management and Smart CAPA procedures, resulting in no FDA or CLIA findings for equipment and validation system audits
Hospital Services - Manufacturing Laboratory Supervisor (New England and Connecticut Regions, USA)
— Aug 2010
• Increased blood manufacturing efficiencies by utilizing LEAN manufacturing practices and staff training effectiveness while complying with GMP and ISO practices
• Increased production by 12% producing more red blood cells than legacy years