CONSTRUCTION, QUANTITY SURVEYOR, PROJECT LEAD
Last Updated: 14th April 2018 (over 4 years ago)
Overview of Expertise
- Over twenty years experience in construction of overseas Energy and various Building projects.
- Vocational career starting from Site Engineer to Lead Engineer and Project Management
- Feasibility-Risk Analyses, Value management, Conceptual-Detail Design, document preparation and submission through Document Control system.
- Construction of Civil works including MEP fit-out and commissioning tests.
- Planning, building up Project Master Schedule, setup achieved and forecast plans on reports, KPI.
- Preparing weekly and monthly progress reports, Cost Control, Budget, Progress Payment Certificates.
- Knowledge of commercial issues other than payment certificates like cash flow, bid and performance bonds, insurance, tax and other bank expenditures.
- FIDIC, EPC Contract management experience for both Client and subcontractor, Change Order, Claim Management, writing letters etc.
- Market researching, managing purchase orders, and procurement contracts.
- Request for Information (RFI), Deviation Request (DVR), Request for Proposal (RFP, RFQ)
- Interface between Client, End user, subcontractors and other 3rd parties.
- Follow up Logistic, Custom issues, liaise with quality inspectors such as SGS or Bureau Veritas whilst exporting goods to abroad.
- Business development for new tender opportunities.
- Tender and Proposal experience in Turkish KIK system and grant tenders funded by agencies EU, WB.
- Evaluation of quotation from subcontractors and suppliers, subcontractor selection and awarding, preparing quantity takeoffs and Bill of Quantities, cost breakdown analyses.
Quality HSE & ENV - Certified ISO 9001 Quality Management System, Quality tool practices for ITP, NCR, CRB, SOT etc, OHSAS 18001 Occupational Safety and EN ISO 14001.
- Construction Quality Management Certificate, US Army Corp of Engineers Alabama
- First Aid Certificate given by Ministry of Health
- ABB Integrity Course against Corruption and Anti-Bribery & IT Security
- Diploma and certificates can be submitted on request.
Experience kind of projects
. Projects executed at site;
. Construction of Electric Buildings fitted with F&G and HVAC System and housing Telecom, Scada, PMS equipments of Tanap Project (Turkey)
. Construction of Power Plants civil works (Kırıkkale-Turkey & Yanbu-Saudi Arabia),
. Water Desalinization, Pipeline and Concrete water reservoirs (50.000 m3/each) (Saudi Arabia)
. High Rise Building (Russia-Turkmenistan)
. Hospital (Iraq), Hotel (Kazakhstan), Military Buildings and its infrastructure (Ankara).
. Proposal prepared for;
. Numerous Road and Highway Tunnel & Crossing, Fast train railway, metro station, airport, infrastructure sanitary and sewage lines, EU Grant projects for University, Solid Waste and Wastewater treatment plant
. EPC Project of Prefabricated Buildings with 2x350 man camp accommodation offices with its infrastructure for Oil & Gas companies, mass housing, US Army villa project in Incirlik
- Business travels to Ukraine, Russia, Qatar, UAE, S. Arabia, Greece, Libya and Tunisia.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Power point, AutoCAD (advanced), Adobe Acrobat (expert), MS Project (expert), Primavera P6 (beginner-advanced). ERP System Axapta and Likom Presto Plus (expert), SAP & Webtop (expert).
- Responsible, reliable, positive, proactive and result driven, team member in a fast pace stressful environment, excellent time management and good communication skills, focused to finish the project on time, within budget and as per quality standards, self motivated, have a good sense of humor, organized, accurate and detail oriented.
Hobbies & Interest - Travelling, sports like football, basketball, volleyball, reading books, internet, walking in a forest etc.
Professional Groups - Member of Civil Engineers Chamber since 1993.
Social Group - Tabanway Mountain Hiking Group, Ankara
Travel / Relocation - Willing to travel and open to the idea of relocation
References - Available on request.
CIVIL ENGINEERING DEP.
— Jul 1993
PROJECT LEAD ENGINEER
— Mar 2018
Responsible for the items; Coordination of design stages and developing drawings, approval of materials, documents and drawings through document control system, preparation of scope, quantity takeoff and Bill of Quantities (BOQ) to organize tender for subcontractor selection, RFP- RFQ issues, following up contractual, procurement activities, Interim and final payments to subcontractor, planning and reporting activities with KPI. Site supervision of construction, organizing logistic issues to stations, performing necessary tests once connected to grid. Reporting of progress in Client and Internal meetings.
All works have been performed as per Quality, HSE, and ENV standards.
I have gained a good experience from both ABB UK system and consultant Worley Person.
Construction Quality Manager
— Feb 2016
Responsible from JOC Contracts for the issues; follow up the site activities, contract and subcontract management, daily, weekly and monthly performance reports, preparing and updating work schedule, material selection and approval, quotation from suppliers, conduction of necessary meeting with Client and coordination between teams, managing kick off meetings, maintenance and repair operations. Some works completed; Replacement of the Gym & Warehouse Buildings, repaving of the school yard with concrete, plastering and painting of school, new wall and handrail around yard, replacement of sewage and storm water lines etc. preparing of payment certificates and new proposals for new projects.
I am holder of Quality Management Certificate given by US Army Corps of Engineers, Atlanta
Technical Office Manager – Proposal Manager
— Jul 2014
Execution and coordination of Architecture, Civil, Mechanic and Electric design issues with its infrastructures including CCTV, fiber optic, clean and dirty water lines, telecom, security for the 2x350 man camp project contracted with Shell Oil and Gas Company.
To carry out issues with Payment Certificates, Claims, Price Changes, Contract Management, Planning and reporting. Liaising with Logistic, Site team. Preparing quality and safety plan of the project. Attending to the Client meetings as necessary. Technical Office issues including Planning was managed from Ankara Office.
Besides above ongoing project, working as an Estimator or Proposal Manager for new projects; preparation of all related issues in Technical and Commercial Packages of Tender, Prequalification (PQ's) and RFI & RFP’s, Cost Breakdown Structure, Letter of Guarantee, Insurance etc. EPC Turnkey camp projects from Oil and Gas Companies like Shell, BP, Lukoil, Chevron, TaqTaq, Schlumberger etc. Bids was prepared for Oil and Gas companies operating mainly in Russia and Iraq region. Site visits to attend tender meetings.
Purchasing and Logistic
— Jun 2013
Al-mabani Group was the main Arab Contractor in Bagdad/Iraq and had branch Office in Ankara for logistics and technical support as Tarmaş
Tender Engineer –Proposal - Cost Estimator
— Jul 2011
Business Development, feasibility and conceptual design and estimation studies for Steel Factory in North Irak. Travelling from time to time to Iraq for meetings.
Some of the projects participated during Tender stages in Iraq are Police Department Building in Karbala, Baghdad Shopping Mall Project, Steel Factory & Railway Project in Chem Chamal between Kerkuk and Suleymania and Mill Projects in Ghana-Africa and Syria, Mass housing Project in Adana Turkey etc.
Technical Office Manager of High Rise Building Construction
— Dec 2009
Responsible from such as Planning & Cost Control, Contract Administration as per FIDIC Red Book, Organize and preparing of Daily, Weekly, Monthly Reports, Cost Breakdown and Unit Price Analyses, Change orders, Payment Certificates, Update of Progress and Work Schedules, weekly progress meetings, commercial and contractual support as required, Issue of QC Reports.
Also working experience with consultant company "Bovis Lend Lease".
Tender Engineer – Cost Estimator
— Oct 2007
Calculation unit prices with analyses and project amounts to estimate Direct tender cost in addition to the quotations taken from subcontractors. Estimation of Indirect costs according to the nature of project and to give the final shape to Tender Cost as per Company Politics. Preliminary determination of work schedule and cash-flow of Project.
After award, execution of post tender activities such as supporting procurement and design.
Some tenders participated; High Speed Train Railway Project for Ankara - Eskişehir and Ankara - Konya lines. Infrastructure works of Manisa Industrial Zone, Waste Water Treatment Plant in Mersin and Ambarli Istanbul, Ash dam Construction Project in Soma - Manisa, Infrastructure (Sanitary and sewage) works in Ben Walid town in Libya and other various Road & Highway construction Projects in Libya and Turkey. TOKI Mass Housing and Primary School Projects in Turkey. Several Airbase Airport Projects such as Airplane Runway and other Facility Works in Muş-Turkey, Borispol Airport Project in Kiev-Ukraine, Airport Hangar project in Dubai UAE with CCC. American Airport Villas Project in Incirlik Adana, Submarine port project in Tekirdağ Turkey.
Quantity Surveyor & Cost Estimator
— Mar 2004
Coordination of design issues, preparation of Payment Certificates, Work Schedules etc for ongoing works. Some Projects awarded with my participation; Erection of Water Bottle Plant & Water filling Facility, Tomato-Sauce Factory, Construction of High Rise Residential and facility Buildings, Construction of President Winter Garden, Partition Concrete Walls around President Private Kiosk, Decorative Water Channels and Community Water Parks in Ashgabat city.
Almost six months site working experience also in Almaty / Kazakhstan for Medeu Resort Hotel Project.
Supervising of design works, approvals and local subcontractors according to Gost/Snips.
— Feb 2002
— May 1999
Power Plant (with a capacity of 2x1030 mw) & Pipeline (app. with a length of 280 km) Construction Project. Plant is situated in Yanbu and pipeline is in between Yanbu and Medina in Saudi Arabia.
Construction of Power Plant & its Infrastructure including road, pavement, planting, storm and sewage lines and also 10 units huge Concrete Reservoirs at Medinah City each having a capacity of 50.000 m3, some social facilities and housing compounds for Project Admin Personnel including Asphaltic roads. It was a Consortium Project between Companies Turkish Yuksel Co. Inc, Japon Mitsubishi, Italian Ansaldo and Greek Condreco.
ILF was the consultant company. Project value was around 450 mil. USD.