Physical Education and Sports Teacher
Last Updated: 22nd November 2018 (over 3 years ago)
Career objective and Summary
Physical education and sports, knowledge development and nurturing of the next generation of professionals is my dedicated passion. There is much l can offer to the education of young children within my 10 years of mentoring and coaching of children. I have a desire and commitment of further professional development of my skills towards significant improved learning of children.
• Diploma in Education in Physical education and sports (Mutare teachers college)
• BSc in Geography and Environmental Science (Midlands State University).
• Masters of Commerce in Strategic Management and Corporate Governance (MSMCG) with Midlands State University. (Current Study)
Gym instructor (South Africa, Pretoria 2009 to 2011)
Cricket coach (under 19 Zimbabwe team 2013 to 2015
Soccer coach (ACE academy under 16 and u18 2016 to 2018)
Institution: Dominican Convent School-Physical Education and Sports Teacher, (2012 to 2018),
• Being an active member of the school wellness committee.
• Helped trainers in other codes and schools, prepare micro cyclic training plans for their athletes.
• Prepared the athletes psychologically, physically and emotionally for competitions.
• Conducted the staff development programmes for officials and coaches
• Prepared the grounds for the competitions.
• Prepared and delivered vibrant lessons theoretically and practically.
• Prepared, marked and valuated regular team and class assessment exercises as well as termly and annual examinations.
• Prepare team and class report based on examinations and course work marks.
• Helping in the evaluation and planning process for the school
• Actively learning about and promoting opportunities for physical activity in the community
• Serving as a resource person for classroom teachers
• Informing classroom teachers about the need for and benefits of adding small bouts of physical activity to the school day
• Providing resources and training to the classroom teachers
• Aiding teachers in understanding and implementing appropriate practices for physical activity
• Providing opportunities for the teachers to engage in physical activity before or after school
• Organizing school wide physical activity experiences
• Planning school wide activities such as field day, fun runs, a walking program, and morning exercise breaks
• Encouraging fund-raisers that promote physical activity (e.g., Jump Rope for Heart, Walk for Diabetes, St. Jude’s Walk)
• Planning before- and after-school clubs for activities such as jump rope, walking, dance, gymnastics etc
• Singlehandedly created, developed and implemented an inclusion module to incorporate students with special needs into a regular education system during the period 2009 to 2018.
• Implemented a series of activities based learning programs, resulting in increased student in participation
• This resulted in 65% increase pass rate during the period 2009 to 2017.
• Provided constant feedback and positive reinforcement to keep students motivated; participation rates increased from 65% to 100% from 2009 to 2018.
• Designed and integrated exciting games that encouraged active participation resulting in significant improved in test scores and grade levels.
• Collaborated with colleagues and parents to resolve lingering disciplinary issues of one particular child; instituted an effective motivational system to ensure voluntary cooperation of the student.
• Utilized scaffolding and differentiated instruction to facilities different styles of learners and accommodate students’ specific goals and needs.
• Developed a good rapport with all children, offering positive motivation and support to individuals, who otherwise might not have received any from other resources.
Soccer Coach ( under 9 to under 18)
— Jul 2018
Developing and inculcating the importance for participation in sport at a very tender age.
Defining the rationale behind studying Physical Education and Sports at a tender age and how it helps them to monitor their Body Mass Index in order for them to make well informed decisions on eating habits.
Cricket Coach (under 19)
— Aug 2015