Operations Manager / Offshore SC/DWM Field Manager
Last Updated: 16th October 2018 (over 4 years ago)
Utilizing of Financial data to improve on efficiency, prepare and control operational budgets and control inventory. Implement strategies to reduce costs and improve profitability & IBT.
Product champion for all sales and services provided.
Orchestrated the use of Lean 6S principles and methodologies to improve on maintenance turn-around procedures resulting in improvements in Service Quality and streamline operations.
Cultivate a working environment committed to continuous improvement (CI), consistently improving efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
Cultivate a safe working environment by implementing stringent policies on Health Safety and the Environment.
Well versed in managing operations in any field with a proficient projects team.
A dedicated, loyal, ethical, analytical, hardworking, decisive, results orientated individual with a drive to continuously succeed whom is comfortable working with all levels of management with an excellent ability to manage performance and motivate employees on an individual and team level.
National N3 Certificate Engineering studies
— May 2000
— Feb 2018
• Managed financial budgets in accordance to civil works
• Supervised all construction personnel and resources.
• Designed & drafted CAD drawings for approval by clients
• Time Management and control of all costs
• Quantified materials versus costs to client
• Handover of completed projects to client
Projects Scope of Works
• Installation of concrete Pylons
• Installation of Steel Reinforcements & concrete
• Plumbing & Electrical works
• Complete kitchen cupboard design & installation
• Floor & wall tiling
• Interior & Exterior painting
• New roof & Ceiling installations
— Jul 2015
Managing the profitability of the business line, continuously striving to improve on the Business Lines IBT% and IBT$ value whilst ensuring a tight control on operational costs.
Implementing the corporate Quality Management System Standard to meet strict performance objectives and strict adherence to the company’s HSE policies and Ethics standards.
Continuously striving to improve on quality of service to existing clients and improve on all operational processes for both existing and new clients.
• Managed Operations for the BMP Geo-Market (Brunei, Malaysia & Philippines) based out of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
• Managed with autonomy the profitability of the business line, continuously striving to improve the IBT% through improving on Top Line performance and tight control of costs to company.
• Review financial statements and data. Utilize financial data to improve efficiency. Prepare and control operational budgets. Control inventory. Recommend strategies to reduce costs and improve on IBT.
• Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, HR, Accounts and Finance. Facilitate coordination and communication between all support functions.
• Improve on processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize outputs. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
• Ensure HSE (Health Safety & Environment) committee meetings are held and tasks assigned to ensure 100% compliant to zero incidents and accidents.
• Monitor and manage personnel training matrix and training requirements
• Managed 4 direct reports who in-turn manage a team in excess of 100 Pax through individual KPI’s and KPO’s.
• Facilities Management of two remote workshop/warehouse facilities to Lean 6S standards.
• Lean Process ideology utilized to cross train engineers to perform dual responsibility whilst maintaining quality service and slashing costs.
• Proven ability to lead, motivate and encourage successful operational teams.
• Understand all legal, regulatory, information security and compliance requirements.
• Achieving targets in dynamic and complex business environments.
• Team leading & people development skills. Firm believer in Lead by Example.
• Open door policy thereby encouraging positive communication.
• Able to manage and develop a diverse group of highly skilled people and maximize their potential.
• A pragmatic approach to getting the required results.
• Ability to manage operations to maximize profitability.
• Ability to accurately forecast equipment and product requirements.
• Building and maintaining strong and effective relationships with suppliers, customers and stakeholders.