Last Updated: 23rd October 2019 (over 2 years ago)
A hardworking, competent, and determined individual with a thorough and methodical working style and a commitment to continual improvement though more efficient or effective approaches. With strong management skills and an understanding of how to get results through and with others, motivating, coaching and developing them to perform well.
— Jun 2018
• Efficient management and control of the NCS Fuel operation within Afghanistan in regards to HSSE.
• Represent NCS in a professional, ethical manner and diplomatic manner.
Secondary Position Objectives:
• Provide measured advice where required.
Job Description and General Duties
• Further development of NCS ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 systems in cooperation with Sr. QA Manager and QA Manager AFG.
• Secure implementation of NCS ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 systems in Theatre.
• Drive the philosophy of safety ownership throughout all levels of the organization.
• Provide professional support and advice to the Senior Management Team and Staff on Occupational Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality matters.
• Develop, collect, analyze, and report HSSE key performance indicators for lines of business.
• Develop/enhance guidelines for approval by the QHSSE standards approval
• Conduct audits of EMEA operations against WFS and regulatory standards to identify compliance
• Support development & implementation of WFS HSSE standards
• Support business tender processes by providing HSSE policies, documents, and statistics where requested.
• Implementation of PtW Program aligned with the JSP series (MoD, HSE guidelines).
• Development of Risk Profile criteria and associated Dashboard.
• Tender review and documentation input for HSE Tender process.
• Incident investigation (ICAM) Review and draft of recommendations.
• Development of BBS Safety training methodology.
• Review of Contractor Management Protocols.
• Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the company such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating the company’s previous handling of risks;
• Establishing and quantifying the company’s 'risk appetite', i.e. the level of risk they are prepared to accept;
• Development and implementation of comprehensive Contractor Management System to facilitate the overall review and control mechanisms of contractor management aligning process with Corporate Mandated Program as well as local and regional legislative requirements.
• Development of AS/NZ, ISO accredited systems (9001, 14001, 4801, 18001).
• Management of HSE Teams
• Onsite, development, implementation and monitoring of HSSEQ system requirements (SWMS, JSA, Risk Assessments, VOC’S,)
• Behavioral Based Safety, interpersonal skills
• Environmental on site Auditing and implementation of strategies
• Security Threat assessments, Personal Travel Security Briefings
• Quality Management, Document control
— Sep 2015
• Development, implementation of LSR (Life Saving Rules) protocols, policies and procedures for all CCD staff and contractor base, aligned with OHSAS 18001.
• Review of current project management/QMS procedures and alignment to local and international standards and practises
• Development and implementation of comprehensive Contractor Management System to facilitate the overall review and control mechanisms of contractor management aligning process with Corporate Mandated Program as well as legislative requirements (ERA)
• Development and implementation of an Incident Management System aligned with the ICAM methodology.
• Development and implementation of Integrated Quality Management Systems aligned with ISO 9000 programs
• Implementation of ISO 31000 (Risk Management)
• Development and implementation of Standard Bidding Documents with regards to HSSEQ principles and practices.
• Development of Legal/legislative Risk register to facilitate annual review of compliance and risk process.
• Expat Security coordinator for Umeme-CCD
Site HSE Manager-Gamma Kappa 765KV-Section-B Transmission Line Construction Project
— Apr 2014
• Management of 6 sub-contractors with approx. 700 staff in various remote locations throughout project.
• Ensure the delivery of a professional service to both management and operational staff
• Ensure compliance with all Health & safety, Environmental and Quality related standards and procedures pertinent to the project
• Ensure compliance to the KEC Project Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Management Plan
• Ensure compliance to all Legal health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Requirements
• Management of all Health & safety, Environmental and Quality staff on the project
• Conduct monthly SHEQ audits on KEC and its contractors
• General SHEQ surveillance and Inspection
• General Document and Record Management in relation to ISO 9001:2008
Regional HSSEQ Manger-Africa & Mid-East
— Mar 2013
• Provided support for major projects such as: BHPBilton Potash Danakil Project in Ethiopia; United Nations/Monusco Fuel Services in Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo; and Blackthorn Mumbwa Exploration Project in Zambia
• Undertook evaluation of operational areas in Kenya, Liberia, and Somalia etc.
• Ensured compliance at all locations in accordance with local, regional and client specific legislation and specifications
• Developed risk management plans and monitored compliance thereof based on RCAT principles.
• Developed and maintained HSSEQ plans for the business and sites through implementation of core Programs or elements of overall HSSEQ systems.
• Put in place processes to control risks from operations to minimize / eliminate effect on people, community and environment (ALARP).
• Conducted risk assessments and compliance audits for all locations throughout region on a regular basis.
• Conducted baseline risk assessment on potential new AOO's and Greenfield projects. Monitored and analyzed project Health, Safety, Environment and Compliance (HSEC) performances and recommended improvements.
• Ensured compliance with TRL Management Systems and the Client’s HSEC requirements were maintained at all times.
• Ensured risk assessments / JHA’s were completed for all tasks and activities throughout region.
• Conducted Incident, Cause, Analysis, and Method (ICAM) investigations throughout the region.
• Prepared HSSEQ monthly corporate reporting criteria and submissions to both corporate and client entities
• Developed Policies and Procedures for specific locations.
• Developed Sub Contractor Management Programs to ensure HSSEQ compliance to specification
• Developed implemented and maintained Corporate HSSEQ Management systems and associated site/area/client specific programs
• Ownership of all HSSEQ related matters with regards to all African/Mid-East Tender/bidding projects including the development of related tender documentation.
• Coached Line Managers to encourage their ownership of HSE Programs.
• Coached team to investigate incidents and identify HSE management system failures.
• Coordinated and delivered training programs on HSSEQ, risk management, safety leadership, hazard reduction and continuous improvement.
• Developed and ensured training and inductions packages were completed in accordance with clients’ requirements, local legislation and corporate policies and procedures.
• Coordinated country specific security briefs for travelling personnel, pre-deployment crews and staff; providing travel and safety advice /recommendations for all regional travel.
• Developed country specific Security Management Plans wrt Codes of Conduct, Evacuation Management Plans (Medical/Hostile environments)
• Maintained relationships with key clients, Work covers, DG authorities, EPA and professional peers.
• Completed pre certification audits for ISO 9001, 14001, 18001 and associated AS4801 standards
Divisional SHEQ Manager
— Oct 2011
• Lead Manager on all new Business SHEQ development wrt tenders and new contracts.
• Development of Quality Assurance Plans for all projects.
• Development and Implementation Contractor Management Program for Operational Region.
• Development of Internal Incident and Reporting Management
• Contractor Management Program
• COID compliance and liaison SPA
• Development of HSEQ Compliance programs (9001, 14001, 18001)
• ESKOM Medupi Power Station Medupi/Kusile, South Africa
• Soccer City, Johannesburg, South Africa
• Bombela Rapid rail System, Gautrain-Electrical
• Vresap (VAAL RIVER EASTERN SUB-SYSTEM AUGMENTATION PROJECT) Project-South Africa
• Transnet NMPP (National Multi-Product Pipeline) Project-Terminal 2, Pump Stations 1-2, Contractor to Group 5, Various Areas, South Africa.
• Anglo Platinum Sytldrift Merensky Mine Project-BRPM STYLDRIFT MAN AND MACHINE WINDER Units, South Africa
• ESKOM-Alstom CI-Medupi Power Station: Control & Instrumentation Contract, Ellisras, South Africa
Quality Assurance Manager-Corporate Shared Services
— Oct 2009
• Overall SHEQ Responsibility for the 3 divisions within Roshcon, Civil, Electrical and Waste, Environmental & Bulk Systems.
• Development and Implementation of Contractor Management and Review Program for Operational Sites.
• Development of Internal Incident and Reporting Management
• Contractor Management Program
• Coordinator of external certification agencies i.e. Moody’s (Interlek)) etc.
• ESKOM Medupi Power Station Pkg17, Ellisras, South Africa
• ESKOM Kusile Power Station, Witbank, South Africa
• GAS 1 OCGT Project, Cape Town, South Africa
• RTS Power Station-various construction disciplines -Camden & Komatipoort Power Stations
— Jan 2008
• Management of 100 staff and overall financial responsibility of approx. $25 Mil / annum in sales.
• Development and Implementation of ISO 9001:2001 throughout Canadian Operational area.
• Implementation of Lean Manufacturing Practices throughout all manufacturing facilities in compliance with ALCOA Management systems