Last Updated: 4th November 2017 (over 4 years ago)
A driven individual with exceptional interpersonal, supervisory organizational & managerial skills, who can manage, lead or function in an integral team member, I am also noted for being willing to roll my sleeves up and get stuck in to assist in all tasks when required.
The ability to work to international Health Safety, Environmental procedures & train all grades of personnel, highly organised, able to prioritise & multitask to meet deadlines.
• Team leadership
• EHS Project Management
• Contractor Management
• Relationship Management • Engineering at Height
• Strategic Planning
• Policies & Procedures
• Resource Management • Development /Training
• Client Relations
• Conflict management
Kelvin TOP-SET Tutor Incident Investigation System
— Sep 2012
use of the Storyboard
divergent and convergent thinking related to the different stages of the process
Manual Handling Trainer Training course.
— May 2017
Kelvin TOP-SET Senior Investigator
— Mar 2011
NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
— Oct 2007
What kind of people take the NEBOSH National Construction Certificate?
The NEBOSH National Construction Certificate is aimed at Supervisors, Managers and those with a role under the Construction Design and Management regulations 2015 within the construction industry who are required to ensure that activities under their control are undertaken safely. It is likely to prove useful for those concerned with the management of buildings who may need to ensure that contractors are working safely. The qualification is also appropriate for supervisors and managers working in other industries such as utilities, and even broadcasting, where temporary workplaces are a feature of their activities.
NEBOSH Fire and Risk Management
— Aug 2007
Managers and supervisory staff who need to ensure that their organisation meets its responsibilities under fire safety legislation. Courses leading to this qualification should equip holders to carry out fire risk assessments of most low risk workplaces and identify the range of fire protective and preventative measures required. It is therefore also suitable for people moving into fire safety adviser roles.
Degree Level in Social Sciences
— Jun 1994
Lead EHS Engineer:1050 MW Integrated Solar Combined Cycle Power Plant Turaif Saudi Arabia
• Provide guidance & support to the EPC for effective implementation for their role and duties for the project.
• Develop a strong communications infrastructure across the project with the active engagement of all parties
• Enhance, improve existing construction HSE management procedures through a visible on-site presence.
• Active participation in all aspects of day-to-day Health & Safety management on the project.
• Manage safety auditing process, provide client reports & progress updates on HSE management
• Review construction HSE management procedures, sharing lessons and driving continuous improvement.
• Management of High Risk Activities (HRA), interpret & communicate standards to meet the requirements
• Support the implementation of client’s HSE system into day to day working practices and HSE procedures
• Actively support, assist and advise the EPC on safety auditing processes at each level of the project
• Monitor HSE related KPIs for assessment, evaluation report and improvement across the project.
• Review and assess with the project team HSE change management as they occur during construction.
• Actively engage day-to-day HSE management e.g. Chair project meetings deliver training workshops, briefs
• Attend plan and co-ordination reviews, for day-to-day & strategic HSE planning for HRA
• Manage HSE planning at site level; e.g. assessment of communications with all parties including contractors, workers, and supervisors
• Review of accidents, incidents, including evaluation, monitoring of corrective and preventive measures
• Assessment of the contractor resources to enable implementation of the contractor’s HSE management plan
• Encourage and promote HSE initiatives, influence positive safety behaviour on the sites
• Promote contractor participation in structured HSE awards schemes by recognized bodies
EHS Specialist Besmaya 3000 MW CCGT Baghdad Iraq,
• Control of Hazardous Energy (LOTO), authorizations, PTW.
• Management of waste, chemicals, confined space, work at height, machinery & tooling equipment.
• Responsible for implementation and monitoring of Site Business Continuity Plan.
• Chairing Monthly/quarterly EHS meetings, 6 monthly management reviews & leading joint walk downs.
• Investigating near miss, recordable events, incidents/accidents, tracking corrective & preventive actions.
• Improved contractor management under GE contractor management program.
• Promoting a step change in EHS awareness, involvement & behavioral change.
• Organise emergency response drills, evacuation drills & security drills for a hostile work area.
Specialist HSE :700 MW Thermal Power Plant
— Sep 2016
• Orchestrated & applied the project health & safety management systems.
• Initiate, execute HSE programs with reference to leading indicators, legal standards & best practices.
• Developed site HSE plans, HSE best practices for Contractors, use Behavioral Based HSE to drive change
• Permit to work Manager(Construction)
• Working at Heights, Fire Safety, Confined Space & Rescue mentor,
• Lead Investigator, ensuring all accidents & incidents are investigated, appropriate corrective & preventive actions including the sharing of lessons learned are carried out.
• Devise proactive measures for incident, unsafe behaviors & conditions through training campaigns & talks.
• Spearheaded the safe work method statements, risk assessments review & improvements for all construction tasks..
Power, Energy Safety Manager (Europe Middle East & Africa)
— Oct 2014
• Consultant to national & internationally renowned power companies on construction safety & O & M.
• Supervised preparation, maintenance, retrieval, & communication of records, reports to meet requirements.
• Site Audits of all projects in EMEA.
• Introduced & implemented Wind Turbine Safety Rules into company O&M division.
• Devised & implemented a medical protocol & contract for consultants in the region (adopted globally)
• Introduced & implemented Wind Turbine Safety Rules into SKM for wind turbine operation & maintenance teams
o Oman: Sur IPP 2000 MW CCGT (Clients Consultant Engineer)
o Jordan: IPP3, a 573 MW tri-fuel power plant. (Clients Consultant Engineer).
o Kenya: Olkaria IV & Olkaria I 280MW (4 x 70 MW Units) geothermal. (Clients Consultant Engineer)
o Oman: 2011-2012 Installation, commissioning, HSE monitoring of temporary generation multi-locations.
o Cape Verde 26 MW 30 class I Vesta 52 turbines, four substations & 33.5km of power cable UK.
o Operation & maintenance of 13 offshore & onshore wind farms for various blue chip clients UK.
o Oman Al Ghubrah Desalination Project, safety representative for OPWP. (Clients Consultant Engineer)
o GDF Suez – MEPL, Nellore India 700 MW Thermal Power Plant.
Overhead Line. SHEQS Advisor: EDF 133KV
— May 2010
• Manage site health, safety, environmental, quality & security issues.
• Supervise engineers & operatives on complex engineering at height tasks on high voltage transmission equipment.
• Author Construction Phase Health & Safety Plans, safety alerts, & toolbox talks.
• Audits to Lloyds Register Quality Assurance OSHAS 18001 & BSI standards, including ISO 9001, ISO 14001
• Accident & incident investigation, root cause analysis identification, including reporting through to senior management the findings for sign off.
• Reviewing & approval of specialist in house method statements, risk assessments,
• Vet sub-contractors & supplier’s health & safety policies & documentation.
SHEQS Advisor :400Kv Cable Project.
— Mar 2009
• Identified gaps within response contingencies & put forward proposals to address any areas of concern.
• Designed, delivered & conducted gap analyses of multi-agency training exercises to validate emergency arrangements.
• Prepared & presented written & verbal reports to senior managers on emergency planning function.
• Created & delivered HSE training through presentations & briefings.
Logistics Manager/ Satellite unit health and safety representative,
— Nov 2007
Selected to move to Northumberland, and put in charge of a under performing high value specialist to type Radar rolling stock. Through the training of drivers in legislation, their roles and I increased the operational output of the unit. Implemented strict vehicle maintenance and computerised documentation.
Trained as an IT support manager, for the in-house commercially available vehicle maintenance and tracking management computer system.