Ops specialist / Manager Process Ops ( LNG Plant)
Last Updated: 6th October 2019 (over 2 years ago)
• Initial UK refinery commissioning and then seconded via BP for Das Island LNG Gas Plant and Storex commissioning and Jetty operations . All positions covered up to Superintendent and LNG Operations Manager. Turnaround management.
• In 2007 Seconded via agency to work with Yemen LNG and TOTAL as QA/QC Enginneer in Yemen LNG for procedures and later as the LNG Start up Advisor during commissioning and pressure testing etc. Conversant with documentation.
• Construction / commissioning and operations of LNG Storage areas and Jetties used for import and export of LNG and LPG / Pentane and Liquid Sulphur. Also have working knowledge of ISPS codes and implementation. Knowledge of re- gasification and Boil Off Gas compression and ship to ship transfers . Full knowledge of LNG shipping / functionality and dry docking experience.
• Experienced with boilers and power generation along with numerous other Utilities units. Familiar with heaters / furnaces / reactor operation , loading of Catalysts and Molecular sieve.
• As overhaul Superintendent or Coordinator I produced procedures and controlled Operations team planning for maintenance isolations and cleaning etc. Have undertaken numerous major turnarounds and plant recommissioning on time and in a safe manner.
• Experienced with numerous types of compressors and associated systems. Assisted with the commissioning of 4 APCI cryogenic exchangers and have also been in Allentown and the Wilkes Barre complex and manufacturing site to see them made.
• Very experienced with Gas gathering and distribution and various gas treatment units. Oil and Gas separation and crude storage. Sulphur units / Sour Gas operations and Liquid Sulphur production, storage and export.
• Full involvment with the HSE / HAZOP / RISK / RCA and Emergency procedures Knowledge of Project Gateway activities. / ‘BOWTIE’ and Six Sigma principles.
• Have taken key roles and have been in charge of incident command at control centre and also on shift .
• Fully conversant with PTW issue and coordination / audits / SIMOP’s. Also edited and written company manual on the PTW topic.
• Conversant with DCS system and controls and emergency panels. Involved with on -line changeover project of old pneumatic controls to DCS without loss of production.
• Experienced and enjoy training personnel on shift and in class room . Have made and have a record of my numerous Power point presentations which can be a source of immediate information if required. Also lead revisions of and helped produce many Plant manuals along with general and abnormal Operational / Maintenance preparation procedures.
• Heavily involved as Head of the Operations team in ADGAS to input historical Operational information ( particularly plant trips and emergencies ) into a new knowledge Management system to aid the training of young UAE nationals. I was also seconded to a group of people within ADNOC Abu Dhabi to help formulate questions for their group Competency Management system.
• Have represented my employers in numerous locations worldwide ( Singapore, Chyioda in Japan and APCI in the USA , pt Badak in Indonesia) With many years of hands on experience in the oil and gas industry I have been able to partake in many more activities than most, especially with many projects now being built in modular format.
Should I be successful in my application I confirm immediate availability
Consultancy and training programs