Last Updated: 5th October 2017 (over 5 years ago)
Possessing excellent communication skills and able to establish sustainable and profitable relationships with customers, suppliers and stakeholders across the world.
Strong financial awareness, with emphasis on client focuses and cost savings.
Successful in my ability to motivate and communicate at all levels, and adopting a positive approach to any challenging situation, through an organised and disciplined approach.
Self-motivated and resourceful with over 35 years’ global experience, strongly focusing on coaching, team leading/building and client interface to implement a “get it right first time” methodology.
Proven ability to develop and strengthen management teams in order to maximise company profitability and efficiency.
A successful and experienced Impact Manager: Achieving an excellent reputation for successfully resurrecting failing projects and delivering projects on time, on budget and maintaining the required quality standards through a controlled, well-managed, and transparent set of activities
Business management Studies
— Sep 1981
Senior Project Manager (CNRI)
— Jan 2017
• Commercially responsible for £22 million contract value, and team lead for the same
• Innovations, new technology and operational philosophy
• Reviewed and re-wrote coating/insulation specs, set up QA procedures
• HR/HSE responsible for 370 personnel/ plus 18 staff and vendors
• Client liaison, oversee all operational meetings, drive direction
• Planning/tracking/costing/estimating, responsible for project delivery on time and on budget.
• Contract negotiation/ variation/amendment
• Devised and wrote the company 3 Steps to Safety campaign
• Designed and wrote the TOPS system for international working
• Project management Training
— Apr 2012
• Advised on the application of TSA and cost analysis against wet coat systems
• Gave presentations on good coating ethic and inspection
• Overviewed and amended offshore coating philosophy
• Audited and verified contractors on the application of TSA
• Attended shutdown planning meeting
• Advised on alternative coating systems (linings, high temp)
• Project Management Trainer
Project Manager (St Fergus / FNGL Gas Plants)
— Jul 2010
• Improved quality specification compliance on sites from 42% to 92%
• Perfected cost savings by upgrading structured operations
• Wrote self-auditing system for contractors, reducing re-work by 25%
• Unified all sites to the same working ethic, QA practice in accordance with certified bodies and procedures, approved method statements.
• Set up 5 year warranty system on works with contractors/paint suppliers, sign off works on completion / commercially sign off contractors work schedules
• Wrote and directed specific training programmes in line with client specification, supported contractors on delivery, monitored contractor inspection methods.
• Formulated weekly QA, costs, production meetings/communication points, with continual verification audits, presentation on gas/safety related issues, direct QA monitor teams
• Designed conception of controlled working habitat improving production by 25% and maintaining quality bar.
• Advised all parties on TSA application, inspection, wrote procedures.
• Wrote and implemented the TEAM philosophy
Project Manager (St Fergus / FNGL Gas Plants)
— Feb 2007
• Reviewed, re-wrote and restructured the coating procedures
• Formulated work plan and oversee work pack design.
• Implemented training courses for new recruits and up skill experienced hands
• Oversee and advised on fabric shutdown scopes, and procurement.
• Advanced painters delivery, reducing sqmtr cost significantly by 30% & set new benchmarks
• Wrote and delivered system specific training programme, appraisal of staff.
• Designed and implemented a PFP insulation system that could be applied to live pipe work avoiding costly shutdown but maintaining integrity.
• Simplified the 90 day quarterly plan, aligned with other trades, improving production by 25%.
• Reviewed quality assurance, vend contractors, and promoted interface between client and contractor, remaining KPI compliant.
• Mentor and train junior engineers and paint inspectors for contractor
Senior Operations Manager
• Identifying, developing and directing the implementation of business strategy.
• Involved in planning & organising the organisation's activities to achieve targets.
• In charge of leading, motivating and developing the management team.
• Managing multi-disciplined teams and resolving any conflicting priorities.
• Improving margins and maintaining a high quality service to clients.
• Building client relationships that result in revenue and profitability growth.
• Responsible for the companies’ health and safety and legislative adherence.
• Creating and maintaining links with other professional organisations.
• Keeping control of business expenditure, ensuring it's within agreed budgets.
• Expectations are exceeded by adding value to the services we provide, managing from the workface back, with the knowledge to develop, articulate, and advocate clear and exact business outcomes.
• This is achieved through effective communication during client presentations as well as on a one-on-one basis with site personnel.
• This is demonstrated by positive feedback from satisfied clients, such as Bilfinger Salamis UK, Cape PLC, Shell, BP, Woodside Petroleum and Transocean.
• 19 years of International experience, including work on ‘The Great Manmade River Project, Libya’.
• Provide project teams with the knowledge and capability on how to effectively implement their management skills, required for delivering operational performance and excellence to ensure your company delivers projects successfully.
• I follow the LEAD Principles and through my international experiences have written and implemented ‘Practical Project Management’ courses approved by ILM, The Institute for Leadership & Management, City & Guilds.