Lead electrical Design Engineer and Engineering Manager with 14+ years exp
Last Updated: 21st April 2019 (over 3 years ago)
Top performing and results-driven professional with 14+ years of comprehensive experience in electrical design engineering and Management for the Oil & Gas, EHV substations and Power plant Projects (EPC) and Tenders. Skilled in collaborating with all members of the organisation to achieve project objectives. Proven expertise in
• Electrical Engineering & Systems
• Technology Proficiency
• Proposal Engineering
• Engineering Management
• International & Industry Standards/Practices
• ETAP Studies
• Scope Management
• Schedule Management
• Inter department interface
• Change Management
• Process Improvement
• Risk Management
• Resource Management
• Interpersonal Skills
• Verbal & Written Skills
Problem solving Skills
• Construction support
• PMP Certified
• Working Knowledge of French
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain the Project Design Team work program to ensure the most economic and effective use of resources and the completion of design projects.
• Develop Design basis reports, FEED, SLDs, Layouts, load lists and System Studies.
• Co-ordinate for Inter-Discipline Checks (IDC's) with other engineering discipline for the integration of technical data inputs.
• Finalize the supporting calculations, SLDs, Layouts, BOQ/MTO and Schemes.
• Finalize MR/RFQ for all electrical equipment/materials and liaison with procurement dept.
• Conduct technical evaluations of various vendor offers and provide Technical bid evaluations (TER/TBE). Liaison with Procurement Dept for finalization of vendors.
• Ensure corrective actions while review and monitoring Material Take Off (MTO) activities.
• Review vendor drawings and documentations in compliance with Specifications and standards.
• Review and evaluate Change Orders to ensure full compliance with standards and that costs are in line with budget.
• Co-ordinate with Project team, Front office, Vendors, Consultant and Client for getting approval on all engineering deliverables.
• Co-ordinate with site on release for construction drawings (IFC). Review and respond to Site/Erection/Commissioning related queries.
• Ensure Man-hours Costs and team schedules, meets the requirement of the project.
• Monitoring and controlling Project engineering design Processes including Design Document controlling, Request for Information, Technical Queries, Project progress reports, Engineering Change notes, Issue log registers, Manhours etc.,
• Support / Participate in the Type tests or Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) on equipments.
• Streamlining of Engineering process improvements and knowledge management.
• During tender stage, Review of tender documents and provide Bid Clarifications, BOQs, layouts, necessary calculations and Risk assessment.
Experience in Design engineering of following Electrical Systems
• Power System Design
• Layout Engineering (Equipment, Cable Routing, Earthing, Lighting and lightning protection)
• Complete Substation (AIS & GIS) Design
• Generator System and Motors
• Generator Circuit Breaker
• Power Transformers and HT/LT Aux Transformers
• HT and LT Switchgear (PCC/MCC)
• Portable Cabin system
• DG System, DC System
• Busduct : IPBD, SPBD and NSPBD
• Cables : EHV, HT/LT Power & control Cable
• Cabling, Earthing and Lightning protection System
• Electrical Equipment erection system
• Lighting installations : Indoor and outdoor/Street Lighting.
• BOP Packages like RO-DM system, CW system, RW system, IDCT, ETP, FO system, Fuel gas system, Fire Fighting system, FGD, CHP, Chimney, NDCT etc
• Misc packages like Cranes, Hoists, Elevators, Construction power, HVAC etc.
Jul'14 - 29th Nov'18 with L&T ECC, Chennai, India as Engineering Manager
Successfully completed plan, design, develop and finalize the complete engineering designs of following Projects With in agreed scope, schedule and budget:
• Rehabilitation/Upgradation of Electrical Network for Oil & Gas, Sonatrach, Algeria.
• Realization of Electrical Supplies for the Oil & Gas Wells, Sonatrach, Algeria.
• 400/220/132kV Air Insulated Substation, Mawana, Botswana
• 400/132kV Air Insulated Substation, Nkhoma and Phombeya, Malawi
• 220/60kV Air Insulated Substation, Boughezoul, Algeria
• 400/220kV Air Insulated Substation, Chlef, Algeria
• Various Tenders of EHV Substations (AIS and GIS) and Oil & Gas in Algeria, Morocco, Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Egypt and Ethiopia.
May'07 - Jul'14 with LANCO INFRATECH LTD (EPC), Gurgaon, India as Senior Manager
Successfully completed design, develop and finalize the electrical engineering designs of following Projects With in agreed scope, schedule and budget:
• 2x660MW Lanco Vidarbha TPP, Maharashtra.
• 2x600 MW Lanco Anpara Thermal power plant, Anpara, U.P
• 2x366MW Kondapalli Stage-III Combined Cycle Power Plant, Kondapalli, A.P
• 300MW Kondapalli Stage-II Combined Cycle Power Plant, Kondapalli, A.P
• 2x507.5MW Udupi Thermal power plant, Udupi, Karnataka.
• various tenders of Simple cycle plants, Combined cycle plants and Thermal power plants in India/Bangladesh/turkey/Indonesia.
Aug'04 - May'07 with Reliance Energy Ltd (EPC), Delhi, India as Senior Engineer (Electrical)
• 2x300 MW Yamuna Nagar Thermal Power Plant, Yamuna Nagar, Haryana, India
• Energy management project for LT Power distribution network (BSES-Discom), Newdelhi.
• L&T Management promoted me as Project Engineering Manager (PEM) for Single focal point for all the EHV substation engineering project activities including Engineering Management, Scheduling, Civil, MEP and Quality.
• Management appreciated for Successfully managing the projects and tenders simultaneously during 2014-17
• All the submitted tenders under supervision of me are successfully technical qualified.
• L&T Management nominated me for LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT TRAINING PROGRAMME at IIT, Madras @ 2018.
• Management Appreciated with TOP Rated Performance appraisals, all the Years Consistently.
Academic Excellency and Certifications:
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certified from Project management institute, PA, USA in Feb'19.
• B.Tech (Electrical & Electronics Engineering) from National Institute of technology (NITW), Warangal (Deemed University), India in 2004 with 82.43%.
• Diploma in Electrical & Electronics from Govt Polytechnic College, Nellore in 1999 with 77.98%
• Dealing with major clients and consultants like Mott MacDonald, Fitchner, Sonelgaz, Sonatrach, Lahmeyer, MCA/Malawi, Desein, BPC/Botswana, PGCIL/India, SEBs/India, NTPC/India, Tata Consulting Engineers, TPSC/India, etc.,