Senior Cost & Estimation Engineer with international experience in engineering and construction of energy projects.
Last Updated: 15th July 2018 (over 4 years ago)
• Lifecycle contact administration including pre & post contract award of major and minor services contracts including invitation to tender, commercial evaluation, negotiation and contract preparation, work release, variation administration, cash flow analysis and contract claims administration / settlement.
• Design, programming and implementation of project man-hour and cost tracking / reporting and forecasting systems.
• Set up of Project Work Breakdown Structures; draughting of all relevant commercial control procedures and documentation.
• Planning resources, arrangement and allocation of resources as per the project plan.
• Requisitioning, procurement and materials control and reporting.
• Client, partner and internal management cost / budget reporting including cost / schedule presentations.
• Prospect investment evaluation, screening, and budget proposal / business plan formulation.
• Budget and schedule risk analysis studies; development of Integrated cost and planning systems.
• Administration and allocation of Contingency and Inflation provisions and Authorisations For Expenditure (AFE).
• Staff supervision and work delegation for timesheet, invoicing, cash management and accounts functions.
Construction Economics and Management
— Jul 1990
Project lifecycle and operational aspects of project planning, scheduling and control, change management, risk management, estimating and budgeting, financial control and investment appraisal, quality systems and procedures, project team development, motivation and management, management systems and economic modelling, sector economics and international issues, commercial negotiation and contractual control, legislation and claims settlement.
Senior Cost Engineer
Senior Cost Engineer Yokohama, Japan
GBG is providing professional consulting services on estimating, quantity surveying, project controls and procurement and administration to projects in the natural resources and energy industries.
• Established systems and procedures to meet specific cost control requirements including establishing budgets, capturing commitments and expenditures, generating forecasts and preparing analyses and reports.
• Oversee the cost control functions for all departments regarding major projects.
• Manage estimating data and establish processes to collect actual cost performance, condition and normalize data for future use, develop metrics and benchmarking information.
Sr. Cost Engineer
— May 2015
October 2011 to
31 May 2015 Sr. Cost Engineer Yokohama, Japan (2011-2014)) and then Doha, Qatar (2014-2015)
Barzan Onshore Natural Gas Processing Plant Project (Cost: US$4.2 billion)
• Review and monitor the Contractor's performance in the areas of cost estimating, cost forecasting, controls and changes in the work using established COMPANY cost engineering practices, methods and tools.
• Provide timely review of cost and schedule impact of project changes, modifications or alternatives by keeping abreast of engineering, procurement and construction activities and maintain project trend and change order logs.
• Prepare all required cost and change order reports and provide project cost forecast input into Project Monthly Report.
• Track status of all changes in the work and ensure timely resolution of outstanding change requests/ change orders
• Prepare cost forecast to ensure budget requirements are within project approved Funds / Budgets and keep management aware of potential budget issues as early as possible.
• Review the contractor's procedures for estimating, invoicing asset register build ups and code of accounts, project controls and make revisions as necessary to meet Company's requirements as stated in the EPC contract
• Preparation and review of EPC project cost estimates, actual, forecasts and reconciliations utilizing the Contractor's systems and personnel as required.
• Preparation of commercial terms and other documentations for the EPC bid packages.
Assist PMT in meeting RGEE expectation as required, especially RGEE Element 4 (Information & Documents) and 7 (Management of Change)
• Lead preparation of Fixed Asset Register and ensure that all costs are rolled into appropriate assets and Process Units.
• Work closely with Venture Business and maintain PMT Staffing Model and generate cost estimates, based on the approved Organization Chart.
— Mar 2011
February 2008 to
March 2011 Cost Engineer Dubai, UAE and Houston, Texas, USA
• Monitoring and reporting cost and projects progress performance, analysing cost variances, developing cost trends and forecasts, reviewing change order requests.
• Worked closely with other project control personnel to facilitate effective, reliable project planning and control.
• Administered the project change control process for the Project and Project Management team.
• Developed monthly expenditure and commitment forecasts.
• Management of T&M (Time & Manhours) work.
• Preparation and submittal of AFE (Authorisation for Expenditure) and AFE supplements.
Lead Cost Engineer
— Feb 2008
July 2006 to
Lead Cost Engineer Baku, Azerbaijan
• Supervision of the day-to-day activities carried out by planning, cost and estimating personnel.
• Implementation of project plan & ensured logical sequencing of plan based on resources.
• Ensuring the effective implementation of the Cost, Planning, and Estimating Management System and processes.
• Preparation, presentation and clarification of estimates derived at all levels of projects.
• Monitoring and reporting cost and projects’ progress performance, analyzing cost variances, developing cost and work-hour trends and forecasts, reviewing change order requests.
• Supported Project Management team with ongoing project cost analysis, reporting, forecasting, budgeting and Change Management.
— May 2006
• Assured and delivered BTC business management inputs covering all aspects of project cost (control, progress and schedule evaluation and analysis, VOWD (Value of Work Done) analysis, trend analysis, forecasting, variance analysis, and budgeting), contracts and administration.
• Reviewed, analyzed, and consolidated financial reporting of BTC/SCP investments. Evaluated investment projects progress, applying changes to keep the project on track, ensuring that appropriate levels of compliance were in place.
• Prepared annual budgets, forecasts and planning cycles as required throughout the year.
• Monitored relevant key performance indicators.
• Ensured BTC / SCP had an appropriate business planning process aligned with the corporate strategic planning process.
• Worked extensively with Bechtel and other contractors throughout the projects
Senior Cost Controller
— Aug 2002
Senior Cost Controller
• Tracked project budgets and expenditures.
• Managed cash expenditures and implemented internal financial controls.
• Prepared and maintained various budgets; made necessary recommendations on realignment as required.
• Identified key issues and provided recommendations for improving internal control systems; verified completeness and accuracy of all accounting documents.
• Performed analysis of actual-to-budget results to identify problems in accounting or compliance.
Cost and Planning Enginee
— Apr 2000
May 1998 to April 2000 Cost and Planning Engineer
• Set up and managed office and site Commercial and Cost Control procedures and database.
• Introduced spreadsheet control systems encompassing procurement, contracts, timewriting, change management, milestone and general invoicing.
• Prepared overall project cost status report.
• Managed administration for approval of partners milestone claims, including the assessment and validation of milestone submissions against agreed contract deliverables and authorization of invoices for payment.
• Prepared the PMT cost report, encompassing man-hour costs for management team personnel and all associated procurement, sub-contract and infrastructure costs. Full assessment of commitment, value of work done, invoiced expended and forecast costs to completion.
— Mar 1998
September 1993 to
March 1998 Cost Engineer
• Cost Estimate and schedule analysis of all Project Change Notices and incorporation into overall plans and forecasts. Budget and schedule risk analysis exercises.
• Performed cost allocations as required by projects. Administered allocation of contingency.
• Updated cost reports reflecting expenditure versus approved budgets and forecast of final project costs.
• Developed expenditure forecasts consistent with project team plans. .
• Cost control of all project pre-commitments, commitments, invoicing, expenditure and materials control.