Last Updated: 21st July 2020 (over 2 years ago)
Over 35 years design experience on major Oil & Gas projects. Work undertaken has ranged from a Project Management Consultant (PMC/PMT) role, conceptual, FEED, detail design, Factory Acceptance Testing, construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning
8 years’ experience at refinery and process plant locations
Extensive exposure British, U.S. and other international standards along with Company Design Codes and Standards including Shell DEP and BP Codes of Practice (CP)
Leading project teams from the position of Lead Engineer (20 years), Engineering Manager/Coordinator (4 years) with full accountability for the Engineering, Procurement and Site activities
Regional Head of Discipline for Instrument & Electrical. Technical focal point all for Engineers and Designers located in Africa, the Middle East and India
Duties have included the total responsibility for all aspects of process instrumentation and controls, staff recruitment and training, performance reviews, team leadership, project planning, estimating, inter-discipline support, man-hour and cost controls
BSC (HONS) MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
— Jul 1982
Lead Instrument Engineer
Based in Dubai, UAE I am accountable for all aspects of instrumentation and controls for the project ranging from staff recruitment, performance reviews, mentoring, and project delivery
— Mar 2017
• Brownfield modifications to existing Degassing Stations and facilities
• Accountable as the discipline Focal Point for all instrumentation and control issues related to the upgrade of a number of existing assets.
• Facilitate the recruitment of the engineering and design team for the project.
• Establish performance criteria, mentor, and develop the competency of each team member.
• Define the Scope of Work for the instrumentation and controls area of the project and prepare the associated Basis of Design document, and man-hour estimate.
• Provide guidance on the planning and resourcing of all project instrumentation activities.
• Develop the strategy for the control and safeguarding systems for each of the seven existing Degassing Stations.
• Interface with the Client and Engineering Manager on a regular basis to review progress and discuss technical issues.
• Participate in project Design and Constructability reviews, Risk Management workshop, HAZOP, HAZID, and SIL study.