Information Technology Project Manager
Last Updated: 23rd May 2018 (over 4 years ago)
Information Technology MBA
— Oct 2017
— Jun 2017
B.A. Public Administration
— Dec 2016
— Jan 2015
Information Systems Project Manager
• Develops and manages strong relationships with clients; gains deep-level understanding of business requirements and technical specifications; engages high-profile government staff and program executives.
• Serves as client-facing lead to set expectations and oversee deadlines; actively communicates with domestic and internationally-based clients to deliver a world class client experience.
• Manages a high-performance team of 14+ remote resources executing multi-year contracts; instrumental driver in change management throughout the project lifecycle to product launch.
• Led the design and transition from a hardware solution to a web application over 2 years with anticipated annual savings of $5M+. Created RTM (requirements traceability matrix); authored functional specifications.
• Delivers a flexible and hands-on leadership style to adapt agile with waterfall methodologies; collaborates with cross-functional teams and enables team success with tools and resources.
IT Project Manager
— Oct 2017
• Developed technology roadmap and optimized performance and motivation within a team of 5 developers.
• Defined program and processes to execute a software redesign using agile and Scrum methodologies delivering enhanced functionality and security. Created functional and technical specification documents.
• Served as trusted advisor to CFO regarding all technical and budgetary risks and led application architecture and design team to GCETAR launch for 145+ employees, on-time and under budget.
• Oversaw design strategy and workflow related to J2EE and Oracle RDBMS based BRASS web application.
• Supervised a group of 7 Ability One Program ITTP students; trained 5 mentors to support student success.
• Recreated a legacy tracking system upon departure of the administrator; delivered true agile project management and met the mission-critical 6-week deadline for compliance reporting, with limited resources.
• Effectively maximized resources and ensured all staff members were trained in a tight timeline of 6 weeks.
• Turned around performance of a software package that had failed 5 times in production; overcame roadblocks and enabled code to work; maintained detailed records and logs of client communication.
— Feb 2016
• Conducted gap analysis to identify areas for improvement; developed and implemented new procedural manual for the Privacy Office; standardized processes and supported business continuity.
• Represented the company at various meetings and presented to prospective agencies and business partners.
• Designed and implemented a multiuser system which collected 112 active ATO, MOU, MOA, and SORN documents and brought the organization into DoDI 4009.1 compliance
IT TRAINING PROGRAM MANAGER
— May 2009
• Led strategic planning and development of technical training program curriculum, software, and processes.
• Interpreted and translated new laws (HIPAA) into new internal guidelines; aligned training procedures and business operations with state and federal compliance requirements
• Organized, compiled, and presented monthly analysis of modern design changes to executive steering group.
• Created work flow diagrams using Object-Modeling Technique (OMT); evaluated trends with business systems analysts to identify areas for improvement around quality and customer satisfaction.
• Owned and managed a project which automated processes utilizing OCR and reduced a 10-min document review time into a 30-second review. Gathered requirements and gained executive buy-in; eliminated human error, maintained full project accountability and delivered cost and time savings.
• Led team that designed and implemented a Java-based new hire HIPAA regulation training application.
• Recognized by COO for enabling a successful audit by the Department of Health and Human Services.
— Feb 1998
• Acted as liaison between homeport Alameda PSD NAS and state and federal congressional staff members.