Supply Chain Management
Last Updated: 31st August 2020 (over 2 years ago)
• Business optimization initiatives - Realised direct benefits of 65 Million ZAR at Lonmin Platinum.
• Setting up centralised systems and processes to procure local & international goods / services.
• Integration of business intelligence platforms.
• Managing procurement / expediting and logistics functions - Realised savings to the value of 9 Million USD for 2013 at Metorex.
• Managing and implementing functional electronic solutions to facilitate logistic functions across borders.
— Aug 2020
• Oxygen Safety – Air Products (2004)
• Operating J.T.A Coal Fired Boilers – John Thompson Africa (1997)
• Employee Enhancement Program -- L Gouws (1999)
• Corrective Action Procedures – Leppan Beech attorneys (1999)
• Dimensions of Professional Influencing – Lonmin Academy (2012)
• Negotiating with a Sole Supplier – Commerce Edge (2011)
• Studied B Com Strategic Supply Chain Management at the University of SA (2010-2016.) Qualification INCOMPLETE
• Studied N Dip Metallurgical Engineering: Extractive Metallurgy at the Vaal Triangle Technikon (2000-2002.) Qualification INCOMPLETE
• Fidic/NEC3 & NEC/JBCC – BCA Training 2013
• Intro to Health & Safety Management/SAMTRAC – NOSA 2000
• Visible Leadership – DuPont 2005
• Landmark Training – Landmark 2005
• Managing Risk in Procurement & Supply Chain – Commerce Edge 2011
• Six Sigma (Yellow) – Six Sigma 2007
• Optimising the Procurement of Travel and Associated Services – SmartProcurement 2009
• Strategic Sourcing and Commodity Management – Commerce Edge 2009
Computer Programs l Systems
• MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Project
• SAP ERP (Basis/XI/FTP/MM/Business Warehouse and Business Objects)
• Delta ERP
• SAP Testing – Application and Integration
Makhamisa Extreme Force: March 2016 – Date
A dynamic company situated in the North-West Province of South Africa servicing all the major mining houses in the platinum, chrome and gold industry. Their core areas of activity are Industrial, Civil and Commercial Construction, Hydro Excavation, HP Washing, Environmental and Industrial Dam Cleaning
• Financial and Fiduciary Responsibilities
• Human Resource Management
• Logistics and Material Scheduling
• Legal and Commercial Liability Mitigation
• Safety and Risk Management
• Project Management and Planning
• Management of Sub Contractors/Suppliers/Clients
• Managing water reticulation maintenance contract (30 to 40 million ZAR per annum) at Maseve Platinum Mine streamlining policies, procedures and activities
• Completion of various construction projects
• Successful completion of Pecker base preparation and repair of dump truck ramp at Letseng Diamond Mine in Lesotho
Acting Group SC Manager / SC Departmental Manager / Senior Buyer (International)
— Feb 2016
Metorex Pty (Ltd): October 2013 to February 2016
Ruashi/Kinsenda/Chibuluma Mines (DRC and Zambia)
Ruashi Mine (DRC) - a copper and cobalt mine in the Katanga Province. This mine is made up of three open pits along with a modern solvent extraction electro-winning processing plant.
Kinsenda Project (DRC) - currently ranks as one of the world’s highest-grade copper deposits with mineral resources of 20.7 million tons at a grade of 5.6% copper.
Chibuluma Mine (Zambia) - a trackless and highly mechanised environment. Production reached a peak of 596 824 tons of ore mined during 2014.
• Coordinating all procurement activities on behalf of the company, reviewing all purchases and leading negotiations to ensure that parts and materials are procured at competitive prices and delivered on time.
• Design and implementation of group policies and procedures in accordance with company aims, objectives and values, as well as assessing policies to measure effectiveness and suitability over time.
• Building and maintaining strong working relationships with key suppliers to enhance ease of transactions, as well as leading identification processes for new suppliers and organizing supply agreements where plausible.
• Liaising with personnel from other departments, including Engineering, Projects and Operations, to develop a strong, up-to-date understanding of internal requirements in order to inform procurement aims.
• Conducting extensive reviews of the governance framework and methods underlying procurement activities and incorporating improvement strategies to strengthen procurement efficiency and support objectives.
• Completing analyses of data relevant to procurement functions in order to evaluate performance and identify deficiencies prior to utilizing data to prepare reports for management containing various recommendations.
• Managed the International Procurement and Logistics team, including buyers and logistics personnel, on a daily basis, providing support and guidance to direct team and maintain a high standard of performance.
• Coordinated the logistics process from supplier to destination, optimizing the efficiency of the company supply chain by reviewing and refining individual stages while incorporating cost-saving strategies when possible.
• Tracked progress by reviewing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) at regular intervals and maintaining multiple dashboards, incorporating changes when needed to achieve KPIs and enhance compliance with strategy.
• Conducted regular supplier visits across South Africa, DR Congo and Zambia, assessing the quality and quantity of supplies and liaising heavily with management and employees to communicate organizational standards.
Projects at Metorex
1. QlikView Analytics (Metorex/Decision Inc) - https://www.itweb.co.za/content/JOlx4z7kEnEq56km
• The integration of a Business Intelligence platform onto the Metorex ERP.
• The solution brings a whole new level of analysis, insight, and value to existing data stores
with user interfaces that are clean, simple, and straightforward.
• It virtually eliminates the problems and complexity plaguing traditional, slow, disk-based and query-based BI tools that deliver little more than static, pre-packaged data, all your data is loaded in memory and available for instant associative search and real-time analysis with a few clicks.
2. WebEx Online Logistic Tracking and Reporting functionality - https://decisioninc.com/
• Online development of a functional electronic solution to manage the logistics function across borders.
Acting Operational Procurement Manager / Senior Buyer
— Feb 2016
Lonmin Platinum: November 1995 to September 2013
Eastern&Western Platinum/Karee Mine/Baobab Shaft/Projects and Northern Ireland Exploration
Lonmin Platinum is a British producer of platinum group Metals operating in the Bushveld Igneous Complex of South Africa.
• Acting Manager Operational Procurement – 18 months.
• Coordinating various Supply Chain functions in relation to procurement, contract management and stock control.
• Develop sourcing strategies and drive the implementation of operational / tactical plans by aligning policies and procedures, systems, and processes to the identified strategies.
• Conduct benchmarking exercises and trend analysis to align the procurement function to industry best practice.
• Optimize buying practices by researching product lines, prices, product sources and other relevant purchasing information for the relevant area of buying expertise.
• Ensure the appropriate governance systems are designed, maintained and implemented.
• Implement and monitor compliance and SLA targets with relevant stakeholders.
• Responsible and involved in establishing metrics, benchmarking, efficiency improvements, reporting, personnel development, 3rd Party software integration – Including:
Basis / XI / FTP / SAP MM Module / Business Warehouse & Business Objects / Web Services involvement / Investigation / Development and leading.
• Member of cross functional team investigating PGM logistics optimization internationally from cradle to grave on the TCO philosophy.
• Regular visitor to Afsug / Eventful Group / Commerce Edge seminars pertaining to business optimization, PCard enhancements and functional developments, SAP MM/PM Module functional optimization and new developments.
• Project Manager - Purchase card optimization project.
• Responsible for the migration of SDOL to GEN2 and PCard to enterprise solution as well as subsequent integration into SAP FI Module.
• Responsible for exploration purchasing activities nationally and internationally.
• Realized direct benefits to the value of R 65 million for the Company.
• Facilitated numerous Opex and Capex tenders related to the Mining Division, Process Division, IT, External Affairs, Housing Department, Human Capital and Exploration.
Projects at Lonmin Platinum
1. Implementation of Purchase Cards (Standard Bank/Integrated Commerce Solutions (Pty) Ltd)
• An integrated virtual purchasing and payment system which address the complex and costly traditional procedures for making low-value purchases.
• The Procurement Card has all the versatility and acceptance of a normal credit card, but gives you a much greater degree of control over your day to day expenditure.
2. M2North Integration - https://m2north.com/welcome
• Implementation and Integration of 3rd Party Software enabling Electronic Purchase Order Management directly in SAP ERP.