LOGISTICS, PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT SENIOR EXECUTIVE
Last Updated: 17th August 2017 (over 5 years ago)
I am a highly experienced Logistics / Supply Chain Manager, with extensive expertise in developing supply chains throughout emerging markets in nascent and changing economies and multi-cultural environments. I am experienced in sourcing and negotiating with international supply chains.
I possess excellent communication and presentation skills at the highest levels. I am able to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply, with the ability to produce innovative, thought-leading, and actionable end user client advice, interacting with all stakeholders.
Commercially aware and results orientated with outstanding staff development and motivational skills, I am recognised for being customer focused, with excellent relationship management skills.
My key expertise includes - international supply chain management and procurement strategies, business development, commercial management, sales, strategic business reviews, acquisition, technology transfer, P&L, budget control, organisational restructuring, business cases and proposals, contracts negotiation, bid management, process re-engineering, programme management. Developed exceptional working relationships with board level and external stakeholders, vendors, engineers and both new and existing customers.
My key achievements include:
Tesco Corporation Co. – Oil & Gas
• Acknowledged for turning around a failing supply chain operation introducing systems across Colombia, Ecuador and Peru to manage a US$5m procurement operation
• Managing procurement strategies dealing with legislation, regulations and customs across 3 countries improving management of the supply chain from order to delivery
• Utilising MS Great Plains to design improvements for 3 warehouses saving $50k per unit p.a.
• Managing $multi-million bids and tenders and advised on awarding of logistics contracts
• Designing a strategic transportation solution enabling proposed saving of $120k in Colombia
Elster Coltavira SA
• Implementing inventory procurement strategy leading to inventory reduction from US$12m to US$4m
• Assessing internal structure and requirements reducing importation costs from 13% to 8% of turnover
• Improving manufacturing procedures introducing lean principles to plastics processing plant
• Expanding sourcing from 4 to 60 suppliers and moved from local to global procurement strategies enabling contact renegotiation for scrap metals, plastics and multiple commodities
• Achieving efficiencies of scale integrating multiple logistics contracts to single supplier
Huawei Technologies Co Ltd
• Re-designing procurement processes across Colombian operation improving production
• Implementing Oracle ERP improving efficiency and traceability through BOM generation
• Reducing inventory levels by US$5m through efficient JIT procurement and information management
I am currently available to attend interviews. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss my career in any more detail.
Master in Integral Logistics and Supply Chain
— Apr 2013
Bachelor's degree in International Trade
— Dec 2001
— May 2017
• Controlling and coordinating all functions in the supply chain;
• Managing and planning all activities related to purchasing, production, transport, storaging, exportations and distribution;
• Coordinating the different areas of warehousing (incomes, repositions, orders preparation and their transportation.
• Optimizing the policy of procurement and distribution of the company.
• Optimize work processes and procedures.
INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS & SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT PROFESSOR & CONSULTANT
— Nov 2016
• Exhaustive selection of the ideal suppliers, through the study of their proposals and negotiation
• Professional advisory and counseling on importation and exportation processes
• Consultancy on Supply Chain to companies of the FMCG sector and Restaurants, located in London, United Kingdom
• Professor for the academic spaces: Market Intelligence, International Relations and Emphasis I (Logistics and IPD, International Business Administration, International Marketing and International Relations). - Faculty Coordinator for the Student’s Integral Development Unit “UDIES”. - Consultant and Advisor for the International Trade Practice "Comexentro" (Saint Thomas University)
• Professor for the academic spaces: Insurances and Logistics and IPD (Antonio Nariño University
Professional of Assurance and Customs Control
— Oct 2014
• Appointed to monitor compliance with contractual management of international suppliers
• Ensured logistics operation monitoring and control, mitigating customs and currency risk
• Development of import processes ensuring availability of load information & traceability
PSCM and Logistics Consultant
— Dec 2013
• Supported all business development and customer service improvement activities
• Managed the operations budget and the generation of additional revenue streams
• Planned and implemented new processes to improve overall efficiency and reliability
• Consistently reviewed the supply chain to establish best practice & protect brand image
Andean Region Supply Chain Coordinator
— Jun 2009
• Created, managed & developed production schedules for a World Leading organisation
• Leadership, management & control of multi-skilled & cross-functional operational teams
• Established, managed & developed working relationships with internal & external clients
• Managed stock and inventory processes and liaised with external raw material suppliers
Contracts Administrator - Materials Planning Specialist
— Sep 2008
• Created purchase orders on IT and traditional systems for contractors and suppliers
• Monitored supply chain systems & processes in order to progress chase as appropriate
Import and Purchases Coordinator
— Sep 2007
International Trade Analyst
— Oct 2006
Eje Cafetero Branch Manager - International Trade Advisor
— Feb 2005