Operation Maintenance Management Professional - Power Generation, Oil & Gas
Last Updated: 20th March 2018 (over 4 years ago)
Over 30 years of professional experience in Maintenance Management and Enterprise Asset Management in asset intensive industries in Australia & the Middle East, including Power Generation, Utilities, Aluminum & Steel, and Oil & Gas. Responsibilities included:
• Commissioning, Operation and Maintenance of Thermal Power Stations: Supervised plant erection, managed equipment testing and plant start up, and developed operations and maintenance plans.
• CMMS Implementation & Support: Played leading roles in three large end-to-end CMMS implementation, Alcan Australia Ltd, Abu Dhabi Water &Electricity Authority and Kuwait Oil Co.
• Strategy Based Maintenance: Applied rigorous RCM based methodology to develop and optimize maintenance plans and spares strategies
• Plant Utilization Improvement (OEE Program): Applied a structured approach, based on the Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) & 6-Sigma principles and techniques, to analyze and optimize the overall plant performance.
• Maintenance Planning Section Head: Managed the set-up and restructuring of the maintenance organization and developed and optimized maintenance plans and spares strategies
• Asset Information & Standards Dept Manager: Reconciled and synchronized Maximo and GIS, developed Standards & Policies, Asset Performance and Business Reporting System.
Good team player with strong interpersonal, communications and leadership skills.
Good solution architect, with strong, problem solving and analytical skills.
Expert and in-depth knowledge of the CMMS Systems: Maximo (7.5) & SAP (ECC6 / EHP7)..
Fluent in English, French and Arabic.
MS Engineering Management - Maintenance Management
— Jul 1996
BE Mechanical Engineering
— Jun 1982
Consultant - Work & Asset Management
Societe Libanaise Des Ciments - (Sep 2017 – Present)
Using SAP (ECC6 / EHP7), develop PM Master Data, Maintenance Plan & Work Management: Work Centers, Locations and Equipment Hierarchies, Bills of Materials, Classifications, Catalogs, Measuring Points etc…, Preventive Maintenance Routines (PMRs), Notifications & Work Orders Process Flows.
Projects Group, Kuwait Oil Company KOC - (Jan 2017 – Aug 2017)
Develop a Maximo Based, On-line Business Reporting and KPI's System to monitor and control Work Progress, Expenditure and Budget of Capital Projects throughout its life cycle from Concept through to Feasibility Study, Front End Engineering Design (FEED), Budget Proposal, Execution, Commissioning and Capitalization
Subject Matter Expert (SME) - Work & Asset Management
— Jan 2017
With more than 6,000 users and 40,000 employees distributed over 21 Asset Groups: Drilling, Production, Facility Operations, Gas Management, Export, Marine, Projects, Corporate Services, Ahmadi Hospital etc… the KOC Project was rated by IBM as the largest and most complicated project in all Maximo History.
Played a leading role in moving KOC from a fragmented situation, where 21 groups were operating in silos and using over 130 standalone systems / applications, to an integrated Total Asset Management solution with Maximo as its center point and hub, integrating all facets of the business on a single unified platform and enabling effective Enterprise Asset Management (EAM), based on single version of asset data and technical and financial history. The role included:
IMPLEMENTATION (2009 - 2011)
• Business Analysis / Gap Analysis.
• Re-engineering and automation of Business Processes
• Development of Functional & Technical Specifications and Interface Strategies.
• Solution Architecture, Customizations & Data Migration
• Development of the Data Model including Equipment Cataloguing & Tagging Philosophy and Locations & Assets Hierarchies.
POST – IMPLEMENTATION (2011 – 2017)
• Continuous Review & Improvement of system functionality and business processes.
• Restructuring of the maintenance function.
• Change management & training.
• Development of Maximo based, online Business Reporting System.
• Implementation of Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and KPI’s.
• Implementation of Maximo at Ahmadi Hospital and restructuring of the Bio-Medical Engineering Unit.
• Development of a Maximo based, comprehensive capital works management system (Stage Gates), fully integrated with Oracle Financials, to manage capital projects throughout its life cycle from Concept through to Feasibility Study, Front End Engineering Design (FEED), Budget Proposal, Execution, Commissioning and Capitalization.
Asset Information & Standards Dept Manager - Maintenance Planning Section Head
— Feb 2018
Played a leading role in the Implementation and Post-Implementation Support of the CMMS system Maximo 4.1 / 5.2.
Set up and managed the Maintenance Planning Section and the Asset Information & Standards Department. Responsibilities included:
Asset Information & Standards Dept Manager - Distribution Co - ADDC (2007 - 2009)
• Managed the Asset Information & Standards Department consisting of 32 staff and 3 sections: GIS, Maximo and Policies & Standards.
• Managed network survey projects to validate and upgrade Asset Data.
• Reconciliation, Alignment and Synchronization between GIS and Maximo.
• Implementation of new procedures and automated workflows to achieve timely information flow, data integrity and real-time asset information.
• Review & update of asset standards to align with international standards (IEC, ISO, EN, BS…)
• Managed the development of legal documents and implementation of new procedures to govern and regulate the relationship between:
• ADDC and sister companies: Connection & Interface Agreement
• ADDC and Major Developer who were developing water and power distribution infrastructure on behalf of ADDC, as part of their developments: Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and Infrastructure Development Agreement (IDA)
• ADDC and customers: Connection Charges Methodology.
Maintenance Planning Section Head - Distribution Co - ADDC (2004 - 2007)
• Set up and managed the Maintenance Planning Section.
• Designed and implemented new business processes.
• Developed Maintenance Plans and Spares Strategy.
• Rationalized inventory from over 67,000 to 15,000 items and saved 60 M$.
• Implemented maintenance Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Provided Training and User Support.
Senior CMMS Support Engineer – ADWEA Headquarter (2002 - 2004)
• Managed the Central ADWEA CMMS Support Team, consisting of 16 Engineers.
• Led System Utilization Review and implemented Change management & training.
• Continuous Review & Improvement of system functionalities and business processes.
• Led pilot projects to enhance and restructure assets material catalogue data.
Maintenance & Material Team Leader – ADWEA Headquarter (2001 - 2002)
• Led the Central Maintenance & Material Teams consisting of 36 engineers, representatives of ADWEA subsidiary companies, in the implementation of the CMMS Maximo 4.1 system.
• Performed Gap Analysis, Re-engineered and automated Business Processes.
• Developed Equipment Cataloguing & Tagging Philosophy, and Locations / Assets Hierarchies.
• Developed Material Cataloguing Policy and managed and supervised material cataloguing activities performed by outsourced contractor.
Founder and Manager
— Dec 2000
Senior Consultant - Maintenace Management
— Feb 2018
Led and facilitated cross-functional teams of engineers, foremen, tradesmen, and operators in pilot projects aimed at Improving / Optimizing Equipment Reliability & Availability and Asset Utilization. Played leading role in SAP/R3 PM module Implementation & Support.
PLANT UTILIZATION IMPROVEMENT (OEE Program)
• Analyzed maintenance and production data and benchmarked with world best practices.
• Applied Statistical Analysis & Quality Control Tools, and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to analyze problems, determine and implement solutions.
• Managed and facilitated change management and training.
• Implemented Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and OEE Program.
• Developed and implemented plant utilization Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Improved the Maintenance Function applying Strategy Based Maintenance (SBM).
STRATEGY BASED MAINTENANCE (SBM)
• SAP R3 / PM Module Implementation and Post Implementation Support.
• Played key role in the in the development of the RCM Based Maintenance Planning & Development System (MPDS), developed by BHP as the standard solution for SBM.
• Developed / optimized Maintenance Plans and Spares Strategies.
• Re-engineered Business Processes and restructured the Maintenance Planning Function.
• Developed and Implemented maintenance Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
CMMS Engineer / Reliability Engineer
— Feb 2018
Played a key role in the Implementation of the CMMS System MIMS (MINCOM), Maintenance Support and Reliability Improvement. The role included:
EQUIPMENT CATALOGUING & INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
• Developed Plant Hierarchy and Equipment Bills of Materials (BOM).
• Analyzed spares requirements, applied standardization & variety reductions and determined optimum stocking levels.
• Rationalized plant inventory from 51,000 to 27,000 items & reduced inventory cost by 20%.
• Trained plant personnel in the CMMS Maintenance & Material Modules.
• Facilitated the development and implementation of the Maintenance Plan (PM System).
• Setup, organized, and led the Maintenance Planning Unit.
• Designed and implemented new business processes.
• Facilitated the Hot Mill Business Improvement Unit to analyze Production and Maintenance Data to identify and prioritize Problems (Top-Ten problems).
• Facilitated Task Forces to analyze problems determine root causes and Implement solutions.
• Improved plant availability by 5%.
Commissioning, Operation & Maintenance Engineer
— Mar 1989
• Supervised the Erection works of power generation unit 5, 75MW
• Reviewed and updated drawings and manuals and managed spare parts.
• Managed equipment testing and plant start up.
OPERATION & MAINTENANCE
• Developed maintenance plans and managed the operation and maintenance teams.
• Managed major shutdowns, spare parts requirements, and trouble shooting.
• Directed staff training and plant operations