ENGINEERING SENIOR MANAGER
Last Updated: 2nd October 2017 (over 4 years ago)
Construction & Building Maintenance
- In charge and oversee of overall construction, renovation and building maintenance works for government and private properties.
- Operations Manager responsible for production output, engineering installation and maintenance, annual budget and costing.
Oil & Gas
- Hands-on engineer in operations, maintenance, trouble-shoot and problem solving of LNG tankers engine propulsion and cargo system
Professional Certificate in Marine Engineering
— Jul 1999
HND MARINE AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
— Jul 1999
MALAYSIAN CERTIFICATE OF EDUCATION
— Oct 1994
1) Planning, designing, and executing multiple renovation or maintenance projects to meet client requirements, budget and time constraints.
2) Coordinate interiors finishes and furniture selections.
3) Provides assurance of successful execution of projects and compliance with project specifications.
4) Coordinates projects with all sub-contractors, labours and suppliers.
5) Maintains close working relationship and good communications with stakeholders.
6) Manage all submittal approvals and complies with regulatory guidelines.
7) Receives and reviews files, drawings and technical specifications for all projects.
8) Attend planning meetings and project status meetings with government and private sectors, maintain continuous client contact to gauge performance perceptions and communicate relevant information to Project Team.
9) Develop and maintain the project plan by producing CPM, summary status reports, issuing monthly projections, and change orders, change proposals/pricing for both the owner and the subcontractors, creating/monitoring cash flow in an effort to manage the budget.
10) Develop industry relationships and expand professional networks that have potential to generate future sales opportunities.
11) Maintain a complete understanding of job contract and contract documents.
12) Coordinate delivery of material and supplies to job sites.
13) Lead regular owner-architect-contractor meetings in order to monitor and assess the status of construction projects and facilitate proper planning.
1) Have undertaken Governmental and Private sector projects worth RM 7,500,000.00 per annum
2) Handled and carried out projects involving civil works, M&E works and building maintenance
3) Costing and pricing for new project tender and quotation submissions.
— Jan 2014
1) Plan Yearly and Monthly production capacity and output schedule.
2) Plan and monitor annual budget for Manufacturing Expenses, Engineering Maintenance Expenses and Plant Capital Expenditure.
3) Prepare Manufacturing Report for Monthly Management Meeting.
4) Advice and report to top management on manufacturing capabilities, limitations and maximizing production output with minimal additional resources.
5) Liase with Finance Department on regular basis to ensure minimal variance of product cost.
6) Prepare annual product's overhead rate and cost and to review when necessary.
7) Ensure product quality are compliance to QMS standards.
8) Evaluate and propose plant/machinery upgrading in order to boost production output and reduction in energy/manpower cost.
9) Process improvement through de-bottlenecking, improve cycle time and reduction in energy consumption.
10) Trouble-shooting of product quality and machine breakdown issues.
11) Oversee and advice Engineering Department with regards to process improvement, mechanical equipment, electrical installations and development projects.
12) Liase with contractors and vendors to ensure works carried out according to specifications and schedule.
13) Identify and prepare annual staff training needs, competency upgrading and setting up KPI goals.
14) Promote and maintain OSHE and waste management requirement and compliance.
15) Liase with local authorities, DOSH and DOE with regards to factory compliance matters.
1) Round table discussion and brain storming session with top management in charting the directions of the company.
2) Lead and take charge of project management team for plant and facilities upgrading within the approved budget and schedule.
3) Lead tender process exercise for new project development and liase with contractors with regards to specifications, cost, technical drawings and schedule of works.
4) Handling of department administrative matters such as KPIs, workforce discipline and training needs for 130 total numbers of staff.
1) Introduced and implemented Natural Gas supply for boiler consumption to replace diesel oil usage with annual savings of RM 1.2 million (2006).
2) Main plant refurbishment project involving structural, platform, electrical and piping works. Project value RM 2.1 million (2007) with increased in sales revenue from RM 130 million to RM 167 million per annum.
3) Managed to secure additional Natural Gas volume supplies with bigger capacity gas station due to plant expansion (2011).
4) Undertaken and completed main product plant expansion with project value of RM 7.2 million involving structural platform, civil works, electrical, piping and machinery installation. ROI of project completed was 4 months (2012)
5) Proposed and completed Packing Automation project for various products and pack size (2013).
— Mar 2008
1) Responsible for all facilities and machinery maintenance works within the factory site at Shah Alam and Port Klang.
2) Deal with day-to-day operation in managing the maintenance staff for current project works, preventive maintenance and machinery breakdown. Liase with production department for smooth operation.
3) Set up and monitor preventive maintenance system including mechanical and electrical maintenance to ensure maximum productivity of production output and minimize downtime of machinery.
4) Prepare and monitor maintenance and project cost through yearly budget.
5) Oversee upgrading works of plant including machinery purchase, building extension and utilities.
6) Update Head of Department of current maintenance progress and future plan.
7) Lead and train maintenance foreman and technicians of preventive maintenance system,skills upgrading and safety at work place. Source out for suitable maintenance course for maintenance staff in upgrading their work skills.
8) Liase with local authorities such as DOSH and Bomba for company's annual inspections, approval and regulatory compliance.
9) Serve as company's Safety Committee Chairman, Emergency Response Team President and Safety Campaign Chairman.
3rd Engineer Officer
— Sep 2003
3rd Engineer Officer (Cargo, Electrical and Plant Operations) on board Liquified Natural Gas Fleet owned by Petronas.
1) Maintaining the operation of engine room plant and directly responsible to Chief Engineer Officer for safe operations of engine room plant and maintenance.
2) Carry out scheduled preventive and predictive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of machinery and plant in the engine room and cargo area.
3) Prepare and update preventive maintenance and breakdown reports.
4) On 24 hours rotation basis as watch keeping engineer.
5) Direct and arrange daily works for engine room Oiler, fitter and general purpose crew.
Hands-on operation, trouble shooting and maintenance of the below machinery and its control system:
a) Distributed Control System (DCS) for the operation of the engine room plant and control processes.
b) Air-Conditioning Plant, Refrigeration Plant and Air Handling Unit (Maker - York)
c) Various loads of electric motor, lighting appliances and electrical fittings both in the engine room and intrinsically safe area. This includes fault finding of starters and motors using electrical diagram. Switchboard maintenance and trouble-shooting are also carried out periodically.
d) 60 Bar/515°C High Pressure Steam Boiler and its auxiliary equipment for production of superheated steam for main engine steam turbine, electrical generator and various machinery.
e) 26,720 KW High Pressure Steam Turbine and gearing equipment for ship's propulsion system.
f) Instrumentation air compressor and general service air compressor. This includes reciprocating and screw type compressor.
g) Various pneumatic and electrical instrumentation equipment such as controller,positioner, servo-motor,electro-hydraulic, transmitter and pneumatically operated valves.
h) Various types of pumps such as reciprocating pump, centrifugal pump, single stage and multi stage gear pump.
i) 2 units of 2,900 KW steam turbine driven electrical generator and its auxiliary equipment (Lubricating oil and fresh water cooler, fresh water pump, safety devices)
j) 2,900 KW diesel engine electrical generator and its auxiliary equipment.
k) Fire-fighting appliances including fixed fire-fighting system (water hydrant and carbon dioxide system) and portable fire-fighting equipment (foam, dry powder, water and carbon dioxide extinguishers.)
l) 40 MT per day Fresh Water Generator for production of distilled and domestic water from sea water