EXPERIENCED MECHANICAL/PIPING ENGINEERING
Last Updated: 18th June 2018 (over 4 years ago)
Professional Engineer - In Process
Member of Saudi Engineering Council
— Apr 2017
Equivalent Degree of Mechanical Technologist in Mechanical
— Jul 1997
Registered Mechanical Egnineer
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
— Mar 1979
— Mar 2018
• Contributed resolution to piping/mechanical/structural issues that arise during construction and coordinated with client and contractors for seeking information and approval.
— Dec 2016
• Resolved quickly any construction issues with regards to materials, engineering, technical, quality and safety, resulting to project completion on time.
• Implemented cautiously construction method statement, hydro-test packages, and site work changes after careful review and approval so that work was executed in timely manner.
• Participated orally to evaluate mechanical completion during meeting with contractor, PMC and client to sort out over-all progress.
• Contributed to mitigate situation when construction was behind schedule and progress is at risk and initiated piping engineering and calculation to assist home office on their design.
Sr. Piping Engineering Specialist
— Mar 2015
• FEED of BOP and Flare Upgrade on ZIRKU Facilities Capacity Enhancement Project, by ZADCO, UEA.
• FEED of ADCO Expansion Project, QUSAHWIRA Phase II, UEA.
• Completed dynamic stress analysis of HP steam line for UMM WU'AL Ma'aden Phosphate Project package 4 containing Sulphuric Acid and Power Plant and resolved issue on Fenco BAJA project without affecting site installation.
Sr. Stress Engineering
— Feb 2014
Sr. Piping Engineering
— Aug 2012
• More than 13 yrs in the company and held several positions on engineering and construction of Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Refinery, Pharmaceutical and Power Generation Projects with following achievement:
• As Sr. Piping Engineering, contributed for preparation of technical specifications, materials specs, data sheets, GA drawing, P & ID's, and Isometrics. Responsibilities include wall thickness calculation, stress analysis (static/dynamics), squad check and Vendors' submission review, bid evaluation, design review, planning, and project meetings. And to do estimate for budget and manpower to assist project lead for scoping and schedule.
• As Lead Stress Engineering, managed to issue all stress report deliverable to the project, update stress status during meeting, and provide technical support /information/clarify issues within a group.
• As Mechanical Superintendent, oversaw all construction activities including line walk-down during pre-commissioning and responding to RFI's. Received completion bonus for the work well done.
• As Sr. Field Engineering, achieved mechanical completion on time by providing technical support to construction, interpret/created drawing, review & approve method statement, hydro-test packages and reply to RFI's.
• As Mechanical Engineering on BHP, assisted the Project Lead Engineer on documentation to prepare drawing & package specification, calculate line pressure drop and equipment size.
• As Process Engineering on CA- Spray Dyer project of Apotex Pharmaceutical plant, developed PFD, P & ID's and schematic diagram including hydraulic calculations and sizing of piping, control valve, PSV and equipment. Also wrote process or functional description under JNE engineering.
• Projects were as follows:
Pre-FEED - Ethylene Emission Reduction, NOVA Chemicals, Sarnia, Ontario, Canada [02/2012 – 08/2012]
FEED – Flare & Emission Reduction Project, ADGAS, Abu Dhabi, UAE [12/2011 –08/2012]
FEED - ADGAS - Paraffinic Naphtha Tank Replacement Project, Abu Dhabi, UAE [02/2011 – 10/2011]
EPC – Polysilicon Plant – Hoku Materials, Inc., One Hoku Way, Pocatello, Idaho, USA [09/2010 – 02/2011]
ED - Hassi Messaoud LPG Project, Saipem, Algeria company transfer at Milton Keynes, UK [05/2010–08/2010]
Construction management of HDPE/ BBTX Yansab Project, Yanbu, KSA [250M US$] - [07/2007 -12/2009]
Engineering review of Duzhanzi Petrochemical, 130KTA PS Project [05/2007 – 07/2007]
EPCM - BBTX project, Yanbu, KSA, 135KTA of Butene & 250KTA of (BTX) [07/2006 – 07/2007]
EP - Solvay Advanced Polymers, LLC, Marieta, Ohio, USA [70M US$] [05/2005 – 06/2006]
EPCM - ULSD Cenex Refinery, Laurel, Montana, USA [87.5M US$] - [11/2003- 05/2005]
EPCM - Big Hanaford Project (BHP), Tansalta Centralia, Washington, USA [215M US$] - [2002 - 2003]
EQ - Bruce Nuclear Power Plant, Ontario, Canada by RCM Technology [02/2003 – 11/2003]
ED - Refinery Project - Tesoro Mandan Refinery, FCCU Revamp, Mandan, North Dakota [11/2002 –02/2003]
ED - SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) - Lambton and Nanticoke [09/2002 – 11/2002]
ED -Torpharm and Apotex - Pharmaceutical Plant, Toronto, Ontario by JNE Engineering [06/2002 – 09/2002]
EPCM - Big Hanaford Project - Cogeneration Power Plant, Transalta Centralia, Washington, USA [05/2001 – 05/2002]
ED - Balance of Plant project of Jiu Jang Power Plant, Mitsubishi, Jiu Jang, China [12/2000 – 03/2001]
ED - Flyxess, Rubber Manufacturing Ltd, Kuantan, Malaysia [06/2000 – 12/2000]
ED - Expansion CAN FIBRE, MDF - Facility, Lackawana, New York, USA [04/2000 – 06/2000]
ED - Support Modification - PWR Nuclear Power Plant, Ontario Hydro, Pickering, Ontario [03/2000–04/2000]
ED - ESSO Refinery, Sarnia, Ontario [01/2000 – 03/2000]
ED - Steam Blow project of Hebie Electric Power Plant, MHI, Hanfeng, China [06/1999 – 01/2000]
Sr. Technical Associate - Sr. Piping Designer
— Jun 1999
Sr. Piping Designer
— Jul 1998
— Feb 1997
Stress Analyst / Field Engineer
— May 1996
— Jun 1995
Piping Engineer / Field Engineer
— Mar 1994
Sr. Piping Designer / Stress Analyst
— Mar 1993