Human Resources Coordinator
Last Updated: 30th September 2018 (over 4 years ago)
To support the functionality, development and continued success of a well-respected organization’s strategies, initiatives and outcomes by leveraging my education, experience and passion in the Human Resources field.
Professional in Human Resources (PHR)
— Dec 2013
Master's of Science in Management - Homeland Security
— Jan 2014
Master's of Science in Management - Human Resource Management
— Dec 2013
Bachelor's of Science - Psychology
— Jan 2011
— Sep 2018
Payroll Administration and Information Management
- Works closely with Financial Affairs to establish, record and maintain various existing and new records in the HRIS; information maintenance includes new employees’ personal data, payroll information and benefit deductions.
- Processes employee separations and oversees the termination process within the HRIS.
- Maintains all electronic personnel information, including but not limited to payroll, development objectives, performance reviews, contact lists, service dates, recruitment activity.
- Manages HR SharePoint site, including personnel updates, content management and employee access.
Metrics & Reporting
- Reports federally required information (Affirmative Action, VETS-4212, IPEDS), as well as College & University Professional Association reports.
- Creates and presents monthly reports of turnover, added headcount and budget costs.
- Fulfills internal requests for reports on employee numbers and various information.
Recruitment & Talent Retention
Conducts full life cycle of recruitment, pre- and post-employment processes.
- Assists in conducting New Hire Orientation and other on-boarding activities for new employees.
— Jun 2015
- Within HRIS, Great Plains, ensured payroll accuracy, entered new adjunct employees into system, built and ran reports, and managed employees’ time and attendance entries.
- Ran SSRS reports to analyze training data, employee contact information and departmental data.
- Utilized applicant tracking system, Taleo/Oracle, to prescreen applicants, ensure affirmative action compliance, and assess metrics.
- Liaised with all levels of internal customers to support departmental strategic planning through effective recruitment.
Training & Development
- Managed and administered university’s employee training program, “Learn & Earn”.
- Conducted departmental and university-wide training needs analyses and assesses metrics to determine and implement changes to training topics, formats and schedules.
- Developed marketing materials by utilizing in-house capabilities and vendors.
- Managed university-wide employee events; duties included budget-planning, marketing, securing contracts, development of themes and overall successful execution of event.
- Managed employee recognition program.
- Managed employee access to employee portal.
- Managed Human Resources SharePoint and website content.
- Managed employee calendar of events and enabled registration.
- Utilized various internet-based programs to create monthly newsletters and University-wide announcements.
Student Life Associate
— Apr 2012
Assisted Disabilities Manager in coordinating in- and out-of-classroom accommodations for students with various disabilities.
Supported Career Services in the development of workshops, career fairs and student recruitment.
Created, marketed and executed on- and off-campus events for students, faculty and staff.
Developed and supported student groups and organizations.
Acted as liaison between Student Life department and all other university constituents.
University Information Center Representative
— Aug 2011
Accessed students’ electronic files to answer questions about financial aid, billing, student status, class schedules and more.
Processed tuition payments, registration requests, referrals and denials.