Operations Maintenance Manager Team Leader
Last Updated: 9th September 2020 (over 2 years ago)
Depth understanding of various scope of Maintenance, TAR and Project management, have worked in various locations with multicultural environment.
I have fluent knowledge on Management, Supervision and Execution, Contracts and also have Project management work experience.
Problem solving, utilizing a variety of strategies and resources for exploring problems, generating realistic options for resolving problems, monitoring the progress and evaluating the results.
Leadership/Working with others, taking a leading role in a group/team or one-to-one basis to make it happen, sustaining motivation and effective working relationships, enabling self and others to meet given responsibilities, monitoring progress, interpreting/evaluating information from a variety of sources, and critically reflecting reviewing performance, and adapting strategies necessary to resolve problems.
Personal Motivation, ethical mentality, lateral problem solver for fair decisions, providing and inviting, constructive feedback on performance, well versed with addressing problems, excellent communication skills, diplomatically facilitating the airing of grievances and issues for following correct procedures.
I enjoy working with people or individually, a hard worker, fast learner, easily adapting with new environment and keen to learn new methods and system. I will be ready to work in the entire region.
I encourage myself in order to broaden my knowledge and experience.
I believe that I am able to perform as well as possible in your company based on my educational background and work experience.
Operations Maintenance Manager
The Maintenance Manager leads the maintenance team (Maintenance, Support team, rotating, static, TAR and planning) and delivery across all five sites with specialist contractor support and is responsible for assuring the long term maintenance, availability and integrity of the facilities. The role requires strong leadership and communication skills in order to align the maintenance team with the field operations teams located at the four remote and widely spread sites. The Maintenance team of about 180 discipline and support personnel is deployed across the five operating sites. Some technicians will work within the Operations shift teams, whilst the remainder are centrally located and plan and execute breakdown or campaign maintenance programs.
The Maintenance Manager/Team Leader directs, coaches and develops the skills of the team, which is made up predominately of Algerian engineers and technicians with widely differing backgrounds, experience, cultures and language. Creating a motivated and competent team that reflects the strengths that each member can bring is both the challenge and attraction of the post.
I was responsible for delivering the following:
1. Responsible for the Direction and Control of the Operation, Maintenance & Turnaround of the 5 ISG sites, HMN, REG, TEG, KBA (Production of natural gas) and Hassi R’mel (Boosting station) as well as for the installation of the variety of mechanical static & rotating, electrical, Instrumentation and electronic components, the acquisition of the replacement parts and services for the system maintenance for static and rotating equipment with the highest standards of HSE, operating within the operating budget.
2. Ensure that maintenance work is planned and scheduled as required to meet the recommended equipment requirements using the MAXIMO system and ensure the operating efficiency target of 95% is achieved.
3. Ensure that the implemented maintenance work and condition monitoring programs are delivered against the BP Maintenance Strategy based on the RCM, RBI data.
4. Ensure that the Maintenance team is trained, has the skills and behaviors and has demonstrated competency in line with the CMAS system.
5. Develop and ensure delivery of maintenance to meet the BP Exploration Aldjazair OPEX budget.
6. Support and develop the ‘multi-skilled’ operations and maintenance teams.
7. Use the Technical Engineering support team as required improving and delivering the maintenance service.
8. Support the control of emergency response situations as a member of the Local Incident Management Team.
9. Participates in EPC contract for the project development
10. Development of invitation to tender package (ITT) from selection of tender strategy and tenderers list, prequalification, review of contract scope and compensation sections in order to identify loss exposures, mitigate risks and examine alternatives
11. Lead tender agenda and clarifications until contract award, including post award activities through administration of change orders and variations, conflict and claims resolution
12. Identification of cost saving opportunities, use of KPIs set for contractors performance measurement and evaluation and development of improvement action plans
13. Development and update of tendering procedures, continuous improvement initiatives and knowledge sharing related to lessons learnt and best practices
14. Responsible for the overall management and control of multi discipline projects (minor MOC’s).
15. Manage Modifications proposals through the Management of Change process for all In Salah Gas Sites as directed.
16. Develop Work Packages & identification of the necessary material needed
17. Interface with Technical Authorities on Scope of Requirement and Technical Standards
18. Ensure all project deliverable’s follow National law/Itegrity, one being ARH (Hydrocarbon Regulation Authority)
19. Ensure that the equipment being supplied is technically compliant and suitable for operation by getting preliminary and final dossiers approved by ARH
20. Maintain job specific forecasting mechanism to reflect Budget status
21. Prepare estimates for new works and progress funding