Civils, Construction Supervisor/ Foreman
Last Updated: 24th June 2019 (over 3 years ago)
with extensive practical experience on Construction and Civil Engineering Projects
in Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, the Philippines, UK and West Africa, who offers:
• A fully qualified tradesman with expertise in the above roles and sectors.
• Team leadership, training and supervision of multinationals.
• Planning, organising and coordinating capabilities.
• Computer literacy and administrative proficiency.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Health & Safety awareness
— Sep 2008
• Gold Card (Trade Supervisor) – Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS)
• Control & Management Recipient Course – Permit to Work (LEC)
• Hazards & Risks Identification – Permit to Work (LEC)
• Carpentry & Joinery (with Distinction) – City & Guilds
• Formwork & Steel Fixing – NVQ (Level 3)
• Carpentry & Joinery Apprenticeship – Local Council
• Sixth Year Studies in Art & Design – Ardrossan Academy (Scotland)
• 3 ‘O’ Grades and 3 ‘H’ Grades – ‘O’ Level and Scottish ‘A’ Level equivalents
— May 2018
Rehabilitation of Mount Coffee Hydro Power Plant – Liberia Electricity Corporation
• Tasked with the initial construction and setting up of the Concrete Batching Plant and Laboratory.
• The project returned mains power to the country following destruction of the plant in the Civil War (1990’s).
• Ensured all works were completed safely and on time (often ahead of schedule) using a multinational workforce.
• Despite logistical problems of geographical location and inexperienced labour, targets were met (or exceeded).
• The Intake: underpinning of 100m long RC structure, raising of the deck, upstream wall, gate towers
and the reconstruction of service buildings, as well as concrete repair works.
• The Power House: entailed concrete repairs to sub / super structures and accommodation for 4 generators.
• Spillway: 150m RC Ogee spillway structure, removal of deck, raising of piers, upstream wall, deck reinstallation.
• Precast Yard: set up an onsite yard for precast beam sections for raising of the spillway and other precast items.
• Bridge Works: in addition to the above main elements there were several Bridge Abutments on the access road.
• Other Works: construction of a Community School and Health Centre for use by the local surrounding villages.
Supervisor – Tonkolili Iron Ore Mine – Bumbuna, Sierra Leone – for African Minerals
• Supervised a gang of national multi-tradesmen during construction of a new Environmental Park.
• The work encompassed bunded storage areas for hazardous waste, incinerator and associated offices.
• Also extension of the Processing Plant, comprising concrete slabs, columns and bolts for the structural steel.
Marampa Iron Ore Project – Sierra Leone – for London Mining Company
• Supervised a gang of national tradesmen during construction of a 2km reinforced concrete road.
• Responsible for supervision and training of nationals, ensuring they learned skills in a correct and safe manner.
• Produced / placed / supported formwork for circa 240 separate insitu pours, as well as installing reinforcement. • Constructed 750m long concrete penstock, inlet chambers, sub-chambers, drainage for a tailings storage facility.
• Worked on numerous small projects; culverts, headwalls and offices / accommodation / plant yard construction.
Zircon Mineral Separation Plant – Diogo Senegal – for Grand Cote Operations
• Constructed a Separation Plant used to process zircon from one of the largest floating dredgers in the world.
• Utilised the PERI system and traditional shuttering to give the right balance of quality and constructability.
• Heavily involved in all aspects of carpentry and steel fixing, whilst supervising large numbers of nationals.