Medical Director Vaccines
Last Updated: 11th June 2019 (over 3 years ago)
My experience both field and office based made me a strong believer of trans-disciplinary approaches as key to infectious diseases control.
I have extensive experience in networking, managing multidisciplinary teams and international contracts.
Senior level manager, I am an extremely focused practical thinker with exceptional interpersonal and communications skills. I am a skilled high-energy problem solver, public speaker, facilitator, and multilingual writer.
Specialties: vaccines, immunization programs, training, innovation, clinical trials, epidemiology studies, public health, global health, leadership, networking
Advanced course of vaccinology (ADVAC)
— May 2015
Master of Public Health (MPH)
— Dec 2013
— Jun 2011
— Jun 2006
— Jun 2007
— May 2001
Medical DIrector Vaccines
• Coordinate medical activities and medical team compliance regarding clinical data dissemination
• Coordinate clinical studies, other medical actions including grants, control of promotional or non-promotional medical information
• Deliver all medical strategies for the vaccines including all knowledge generation in the country
• Partnership with the vaccine’s commercial organization and single point of contact and accountability to ensure medical alignment on key strategies
• Effective and solid scientific communication with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure broad vaccine recommendations
• Primary point of contact for scientific questions with regulatory authorities
• Primary point of contact for country immunization committees and the ministry of health
— Jul 2017
• Daily coordination and management of two country offices and legal and administrative accountability in the country.
• Hight level representation of AMP nationally
• Contracts negotiation and signing with financial and technical partners (public administrations, international organizations, NGO…).
Managing Director LAMIVAC
— Jul 2017
• Lead and coordinated research in the subject including determining relevant research objectives and preparing research proposals submitted by the LAMIVAC.
• Lead research and collaborative partnerships with other educational institutions, international organizations or other bodies.
• Ensure overall scientific quality of studies.
• Promoted effective collaboration between staff pooled from AMP and Centre Muraz and integration of studies activities with other activities of the Centre Muraz and AMP.
• Ensured that overall projects timelines are met and finding solution to any delays.
• Maximized the impact of the research activity of the LAMIVAC.
• Ensured management and supervisory responsibilities for scientific and academic staff.
• Ensure daily management and representation of the LAMIVAC interacting with Ministries of Health, International Organizations, pharmaceutical organizations, the West African Health Organization (WAHO), local and regional research and health institutions.
• Ensured research and grants acquisition
• Ensured research-based teaching with associated examination duties.
• Represented the LAMIVAC in Burkina Faso
— Aug 2013
• Described early peri-donation relations between Dengue virus viremia and symptoms in Puerto Rican blood donors.
• Mentoring Master and PhD level research works and dissertations
Senior Laboratory manager
— Nov 2012
• Ensured high quality standard and validity of routine diagnosis analyses.
• Conducted biological follow up of HIV infected patients in a local collaborative framework.
• Executed budget planning and ensured internal quality control measures.
• Supervised public health reference projects (acute child infectious diarrhoea, respiratory infections, and transfusion prone-viral infections).
— Nov 2012
• Created a Kaposi sarcoma blood and biopsy banks.
• Trained a local MD student on clinical research methodology, field investigation and Human herpes virus screening techniques.
• Created a collaborative framework involving the Institut Pasteur in Bangui, The Institut Pasteur in Paris and local clinical dermatologists, paediatricians and pathologists.
— Jun 2011
• Improved serological western blott screening and increased serological capture of infected individuals.
• Described epidemiological and molecular features of Human herpes virus transmission in rural areas of Cameroon.
• Trained local masters students on field investigation methods for project continuation.
• Isolated novel monkey and gorilla foamy virus strains.
• Planed and conducted more than 70 field missions leading teams of 3 to 5 members and collected thousands of samples widely screened for multiple virus infections.
Chief medical officer
— Sep 2003
• Ensured full time responsibility for clinical interventions in the area. Kept a good satisfaction score and significantly increased hospital attendance.
• Performed advanced field immunization strategy for high vaccine coverage above 95%.
• Conducted local field surveillance for transmissible diseases and infections.
• Coordinated locally activities for the national HIV prevention and screening program.
• Clinical management and follow-up of HIV infected patients under HAART.
• Planned and executed yearly budgets and spending.