ICSS , Automation Engineer
Last Updated: 12th June 2017 (over 5 years ago)
For both I was involved in commissioning , start-up and maintenance.
I have 20 years of experience , around 6 in Power as Electrical engineer and other 10 on control as DCS, PLC and SCADA engineer. In this time I covered a lot of activities like design , maintenance and especially commissioning. I worked overseas especially in Oil&Gas industry.
— Jun 1997
• SAT DCS, ESD and FGS for HULL
• Commissioning of ICSS (C&E, Serial communication with Packges etc) and supervisiong the vendors on logic implementation on Packages for HULL.
Karimun Saipem Yard
• SAT DCS, ESD and FGS for Topside
• Commissioning of ICSS (C&E, Serial communication with Packges etc) and supervisiong the vendors on logic implementation on Packages for Topside
• assist the vendors with PLC support. (Allen Bradley Controllogix and Siemens S7-300,S7-400 PLC)
• Sail Away – support for operations
• Startup – ICSS support for operations plus for the vendors on packages like Instrument Air Compressor, Electrochlornation, MRU
• Handover to operations
Senior PLC Engineer
— Dec 2015
• Software modifications required by other departments(HVAC, Utilities, Start-up) based on CAIM (Controls, Automation, Instrumentation & Metering) change request
ICSS Commissioning Engineer
— Feb 2014
• assist the vendors with the SAT/Package logics;
• assist the package vendors to test the serial communication between PLC’s and DCS and/or other PLC’s;
• assist the commissioning team with PLC support in cases when the vendor is not called/available anymore .Commissioning of Fresh Water , Gas Heater Packages, HVAC etc (Allen Bradley SLC500 and Siemens S7-200,S7-400 PLC)
• ensure that the required tools to connect to the PLC’s are available/ordered after the vendors left site (licensed softwares, laptops, interfaces,…).
• periodical back-ups of the PLC’s softwares are recorded for safety reasons;
• detailing the control of the process of installing/removing control systems isolations (e.g. opening of knife edges, jumpers, forces, temporary software changes,…);
• assure that the company management of change (MOC) procedures related to packages are adhered to during commissioning works.
— Nov 2011
• PAS CC SCADA and SICAM PAS substation automation system commissioning
— Feb 2011
Italy – Milano
• Software development for HVAC systems in Allen Bradley Controllogix PLC and HMI
• Hardware and software FAT for HVAC systems for Recovery Buildings
• Modbus RTU communication check with GE Multilin protection relays and Vacon VSD
Kazakhstan – Atyrau
• precommissioning and commissioning of HVAC systems for Recovery Buildings on D Island .
• Software and hardware modification according to As built documentation
• Loop check & Testing of Electrical Motors and Controllers, Switchgear,
• Loop checking, pre-commissioning and commissioning activities for different instruments: flow, pressure, level, temperature
Kazakhstan -Exterran site-GPL Plant
• commissioning 0.4kV , 6kV substation
• Parameterisation of GE Multilin protection relays and Vacon VSD
— Jan 2010
• Configuration of HMI graphics and establishing the communication on Modbus with third party PLC
• Commissioning at RADET (Bucharest City Heating Company)
— Apr 2009
• Configuration of the control logic;
• Configuration of HMI graphics;
• Installation of servers cubicle and network;
• Load configuration in site and test inputs, outputs and control logic;
• Solve discrepancies between the field and the software configuration;
• Modify field wiring for good signal aquisition;
• Execute tests with the client.
• All DCS commissioning activities are covered, including the "As Built" documentation..
Senior Systems Engineer
— Sep 2008
Turceni thermal power plant Team leader –Basic Design
• DCS system configuration
• CCTV system configuration.
• Emission monitoring system configuration.
• Subsystem communication configuration.
Assigned at Moho Bilondo(FPU - Floating Production Unit) project. Yokogawa Romania was the subcontractor of Yokogawa France
For this project the engineering company was Hyunday Heavy Industries and the final client TOTAL E&P Congo.
Office in PARIS:
• I/O allocation on the cards according to the safety rules.
• Configuration of typical according to the functional analysis
• Typical FAT.
• Power and heat stress calculation for system and marshalling cabinets
• Configuration both on Prosafe RS-Safety PLC DCS for F&G system according to the C&E matrix
• FAT for F&G system.
Commissioning in Korea at Hyunday Heavy Industries Yard
• Technical assistance for HHI at loop checking.
• Supervising hardware modifications.
• Asisting package vendors -HVAC, Addressable F&G system, electroclorination, ABB for electrical system, turbine, EDG
• Checking an implementing software modifications required by the client according with equipments mounted in the field for all the safety part(PSS, ESD, F&G) and some process parts(PCS)
Commissioning in Congo offshore
• Technical assistance for the start-up of the platform .DCS and Safety PLC(PSS, ESD, F&G)
Assigned at Saint Gobain Glass project
• DCS configuration for Roof heating and internal test +hardware design and FAT in accordance with client requirements for marshalling cabinets
Assigned at Gasco Loading Arms project - Safety PLC
— Jul 2005
• Supervising regular maintenance activities on electrical equipments and installations like generators protections, 110/6/0,4 kV protections , breakers and substations automation
• Designing and programming the Automatic Transfer. Change from relays to PLC in all the plant
• Designing the cabinets , programming PLC and SCADA for a heating package
• Events analysis in case of damages.
— Jun 2000
• I&C at the Progresu Power Plant
• Commissioning at Paroseni Power Plant
• Commissioning at IFIN (Nuclear Engineering Institute):-20 KV and 0.4 KV stations-Primary, secondary, protections and Automatic transfer.