Leader of Strategy, Sales and Marketing
Last Updated: 30th July 2019 (over 3 years ago)
Finance (Bachelor of Science)
— Dec 1987
Lead Strategy Automotive, Phamaceuticals and Food/Beverage
Lead the Energy Management Division (EM) market strategy for its seven business units in the United States by comprehensively evaluating, developing and driving key strategies and actions to enhance and promote profitable growth and penetration in the Automotive, Pharmaceutical and recently added Food and Beverage market segments and related channels
President/GM and Vice President Sales and Marketing
— Jan 2016
▪ Developed eight new distributors across four markets in the US and Canada. Sales surged by 31% in nonOEM factories in North America, enabling immediate repairs, while reducing associated shipping costs.
▪ Saved $28K per year in marketing cost by bringing marketing advertising design back in-house.
PRESIDENT AND GENERAL MANAGER (2012 – 2015) Recruited to revitalize company, defining and executing a turn-around roadmap, as executive leader of sales channels and marketing, as well as General Manager of the manufacturing facility. Managed a team of 30 and P&L at the $30M North America organization. Incorporated value-added consulting services, upgraded tools and technology, and led rebranding and restructuring of sales channel strategy. Negotiated more competitive material pricing and reduced organizational expenses.
▪ Reignited sales within six months, following nine years of losses. Delivered a 21% increase in sales in the first year and a 15% increase in the second year..
▪ Reduced inventory by 40% and material costs by 5%, by reevaluating material and finished goods that had a turn ratio of more than six, and partnering with distributor to provide rare products sold at a heavily reduced cost.
▪ Grew manufacturing from 730,000 feet of cable to one million feet per month. Approved and managed a new, more efficient spool system (20% faster), and partnered with supplier to improve packaging quality
Director of Sales and Marketing (Americas)
— Jan 2012
▪ Expanded industrial services business from $18M to $23M within first year.
▪ Launched new application driven by the utility market and executed an innovative marketing campaign, producing $2.7M in sales in the first 12 months.
▪ Delivered a 27% increase in sales and a 19% increase in proposal generation through the implementation of a CRM solution and creation of worldwide tools to measure the sales pipeline
Sr. Marketing and Business Development Manager and Regional Sales Manager
— Jan 2009
▪ Built a Motor Management business through design of solution tool boxes, marketing strategy and cohesive processes. First year revenue of $1.6 million
▪ Energy savings initiatives produced a 22% savings in 2009 in US Siemens Manufacturing Plants and a 27% savings in 2008.
▪ Guided $250K Goodyear Tire and Rubber KS operation optimization project to reduce downtime, increasing revenues by $8M.
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER (2000 – 2005) Hired to develop a high-impact sales organization throughout the central US. In charge of a $35M division, encompassing 16 sales team members across six offices. Incorporated a formal value-added selling program and provided continuous training and mentorship on sales strategies and market penetration. Through an integration with Siemens Product Division, sales leadership role expanded in 2004 to encompass training and support of 40+ Product Sales Engineers in industrial services throughout the Western Region.
▪ Increased regional profit by 21% with five of the six offices consistently ranking among the top 10 in location profit.
* Attained a 29% sales increase ($27M to $35M) by evaluating, restructuring and rebuilding 40% of the regional sales team.
▪ Turned around the underperforming Houston branch operations to the highest grossing sales office as Interim Operations Manager for 18 months
Regional Sales Manager
— Jan 2000
▪ Propelled sales from $500K to $4.5M in three years by building a top-performing sales organization for the Gulf Coast District.
▪ Received recognition as #1 in gross margin for six consecutive years as District Manager. ▪ Transformed $5M acquisition business from $100K loss to $300K net profit in 18 months.
▪ Established reputation as the quality service provider through creation of an alternative program, providing onsite calibration in a controlled room after incorporating ISO 9000 and 9002 standards.