Last Updated: 5th May 2020 (over 2 years ago)
Accomplished leader with 35+ years' international consultancy and operational experience in growing territories and structuring organisation across a range of essential business situations. Track record in establishing a strong market presence, increased sales levels, product/service promotion and optimising customer satisfaction using in-depth understanding of different cultures. Known for extension of field operations, maximisation of exposure and expansion of presence on a national or international level within challenging environments while overcoming distinct differences in culture, communication styles, technology and business methods.
Interim Director of Sales and Development
Build a large database of potential clients using various industry contacts and marketing campaigns to solidify company’s market position and expand range of services. Identify potential touch points during customer journey and deploy CRM strategies to improve customer service. Chair sales meetings to review operational methods and highlight potential improvements, update senior management on progress. Create online group to maintain a valuable interaction across social media and an attractive company website to promote services. Deliver technical solution proposals to UK, West/East Africa and India.
* Established a strong company presence by laying a concrete foundation for new and potentially long-term business in UK, Ghana, Kenya, India and Hungary.
* Set-up a new business pipeline to cover a varied selection of clients nationally and internationally.
* Contributed to development of company’s website content and brochure/flyer design.
* Represented company at corporate events, nurtured relations with potential clients during field trip to Ghana, helped co-ordinate a UK government delegation to India for renewable energy sector.
— Oct 2018
Led activities such as acquisition of lands, local authority permits and government licences. Liaised with local villagers and officials and managed legal registration of the company. Established main point of control for the entire project, appointed proper accountancy and auditing services and oversaw finances and bank account opening formalities. Co-ordinated small and medium deliveries of bulk product from locations all over country in collaboration with suppliers, buyers, exporters, logistic agents and legal entities.
* Started charcoal manufacturing and export company by developing business from a grass roots level upwards, sourcing materials, negotiating with chiefs, utilising local labour and overseeing supply chain operations.
* Supervised seamless production of charcoal manufacturing process on site while overseeing sorting, bagging, storage and warehousing of raw material for onward sale, distribution or export.
* Championed a sustainable policy that dictated use of only sustainable raw products and an environmentally safer manufacturing process.
— Aug 2015
Managed all aspects of the company's registration and incorporation, legal and tax compliance, local employment laws and expatriate residency regulations. Conducted beta testing sessions with software developers to mitigate multiple faults, bugs and problems. Planned company representations at business stage, proposed marketing initiative, created promotional materials, auditioned CRM systems and oversaw establishment of bases in Uganda and Kenya. Created and managed a prospective client pipeline while developing effective sales pitch. Chaired initial meetings with prospective users of software. Negotiated with regional/national retail chains and distributors while leading legal representation, accountancy, auditing services, daily reporting to UK board of directors and managing all day-to-day issues and sales development matters.
* Introduced new technology software product in a market less accustomed to specific type of technology.
* Recruited new UK Director of IT to address major technical problems as well as on-boarded a local team of 12 IT system programmers and technicians.
* Presented company to appropriate segment of business community using full range of sales techniques to industry heads along with expatriate and local contacts.
* Opened doors for long-term collaboration through close contact with local and regional banking groups, electronic payment service providers and the regional telecom networks.
* Transferred local IT management to South Africa for software product training at company IT headquarters in Johannesburg.
* Researched the market and charted initial steps for company's planned entrance into neighbouring Nigeria.