Last Updated: 10th June 2019 (over 3 years ago)
In my 9 years’ working experience obtained at both the City of Cape Town as Service Liaison Debt Management and at Red Button as office manager, I familiarized myself with all policies relating to Credit Control & Debt Collection. My focus is result driven and provides superior service by quickly identifying problems and developing a solution and strategy to ensure that issues are resolved promptly. I am quite comfortable working independently or as a part of a team.
As an analytical thinker I developed and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills from working in close conjunction with fellow colleagues, senior management and internal and external stakeholders. Being self-motivated allows me to work well under pressure and perform to my full capacity at all times.
I’m skilled in computers and knowledgeable in MS Office applications, SAP and CRM.
Bachelor of Commerce
— Nov 2006
Financial and Analytical Techniques
Specialist Clerk- Service Liaison- Debt Management- Revenue
• Debt Collection – In line with the Credit Control and Debt Collection Policy
• Checking the accuracy of details recorded on transactional documentation and correcting any deviations Process updates – Such as address changes and account status updates
• Updating work in progress information- data on specific applications / systems e.g. SAP & CRM
• Capturing and extracting information on the SAP system e.g. identifying and marking debtors / contract accounts for Bad Debts
• Assist with Debtor enquiries and investigations, explanation of Debt Management policy, explanation of accounts and enter into arrangement negotiation with the Debtors
• Monitoring progress and maintaining file records for audit purposes
• Continuous telephone contact with various Service Departments and consumers regarding reconnections of services accounts
• Giving instructions to Hand-Over Section of Debt Management to hand over certain accounts to our attorneys for collection
• Instruct various relevant service areas to correct faulty accounts (e.g. Water, Electricity, Master Data and Valuations Section)
• Identifying, analysing and compiling arrears database of targeted debtor accounts
• Consolidation of accounts
• Any additional adhoc task given by senior line management
• Capture of financial adjustments i.e. debit and credit transfers and interest reversals
• Writing reports
• Reporting weekly and monthly work statistics to senior line management
• Dealing with clients (Internal and external) to resolve their accounts
• Liaising with various departments to finalise queries
• Capturing and closure of C3 notifications for various departments
• Implementing, updating and recording transactions for information storage and retrieval
• Assisting with accounts queries
— Feb 2015
• Attract more clients for the business by sending out marketing e-mails, visiting clients, and offering discounts
• Maintained good relations with suppliers by ensuring accounts are paid on time
• Developed customer retention strategies by offering commission
• Writing proposals/contracts
• Draw marketing plans (Adverts in local newspapers, flyers, sponsoring events)
• Increase company's profits, reduce costs and improve performance by introducing flexible and affordable products
• Manage the filing, storage and security of documents
• Manage Customer Database, make sure it is up to date updated and accurate
Finance (2010 – 2015)
• Create informative and accurate reports or accounts (Profits & Losses, Contract expiry)
• Sage Pay (Manage monthly debit order collections)
• Debt collection
• Respond to enquiries, ensure all enquiries are resolve within given timeframe
• Managed communication with all debtors through telephone, emails and personal visit.
• Ensured optimal level of customer service for collection processes.
• Developed strategies to achieve all debt collection activities.
• Provide clients with information on outstanding amounts and advice easy payment methods
• Ascertain that any client who has refused to pay outstanding bills is made part of the company blacklist and that appropriate legal measures are taken to handle the situation.
• Negotiated settlements or monthly payment allowances within specific client guidelines