Lead Piping Engineer/ Construction Manager/ Construction Superintedent
Last Updated: 25th May 2018 (over 4 years ago)
The list of Project handled such as construction of plant, start-up, commissioning experience in offshore top sides modules (OMRC- Offshore maintenance reliable contract) Offshore Platforms, Process plant piping, Painting, maintenance of oil refinery Offshore projects, petrochemical Projects, LNG projects, Construction and Erection storage tanks, cross country pipeline, flow lines and worked in Various Gulf country Doha Qatar, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Brunei & India.
Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering
— May 2005
University: Anna University, India/ Graduation on 2005
Location: Chennai, India.
Design Software: CAESAR II, PDMS, AUTO CAD 2007, Navis Works
Planning Package: Primavera P6
Operating System: MS-Office, MS-Access, MIPS and AKIMS
Site Manager with Offshore Piping Field Engineer
— Sep 2018
Description: Project Scope/well tie in/Shutdown for Refinery unit –Piping/Pipeline
Description of Scope
• Projects & Shutdown turnaround /Process Plant Maintenance - SS/SDSS/CS/GRE –Piping installation/Sump Repair, New well head project maintenance, Process line modification, and new installation of Piping for fuel gas line/fire water
• Well tie-in (S1 Scope)/ Deck extensions/ Installation of pig launcher/receiver //ESDV installation & tie-in/ Piping routing/ HUC
• Shed Removal, Pancake Removal & beam strengthening, Vessel repair/ Rotating Equipments./Helideck Removal, ESDV Deck extension, cable tray Pipe supports installation.
• Vessel Inspection – Nozzle repair/ tubing/cooler/heat exchanger/seperator/column/painting repair/ buttering weld/hydrotest for vessel.
• Pre-commissioning / Commissioning activities for fire water line project/ Process plant
• Modification and installation of Rest Area (full study) /FBPP01 – Relocation of CI tank from Main to Cellar Deck/FAAP01 - Modification and Installation of Rest Area /FAAP04 - Modification on Pump suction lines to address Human Factor (FAAP04 Lower Deck) - (full study)/FACP04 - Installation of Water Day Tank System to supply fresh water to K8600 decanter - (full study)/FALQ04 – Replacement of Helideck Light Fittings/FACX04 - Relocate (Install) CCTV - (full study)/EGDP01 - Install Spectacle Blind on Egret HHP Launcher kicker line/FACP04 - Sump pump system upgrade/FAGP04 - Install new diesel tank/FAAP04 - Removal of fire Hydrant/Removal of redundant lines associated to C coded wells /V-shape bevestiging (V shape mod on boat landing for barge temp bridge) /IDWJ01 - Installation of 2 tonnes electric winch on existing JIB crane /IDWJ01 - Sump pump replacement from conventional gas driven to electrical lewa pump and provision of monorail.
Role & Responsibility:
• Responsible to review the design engineering activities and specifications of all piping design, according to the requirements of the project, carried out by Vendors/ Subcontractors in all areas within according to national and international Codes and Standards.
• Review P&ID, ISO and PDMS explain clear view of execution to the construction team for smooth execution.
• Executing the scope as per approved procedure, plan & work sequences in line with approved schedule, standard and material availability.
• Provide constructability input and guidance to design teams
• Coordinate and drive day-to-day on-site operations related to Piping, pipeline, Mechanical and related fabrication /Installation. Manage site supervisors and site Engineer to complete a scope of work as assigned. Act as deputy to the site manager controlling operations accordingly in his/her absence. Complete performance reviews, provide detailed accounts and highlight areas of deviation to the Site manager. Take a lead role in ensuring personnel compliance with all Company HSEQ.
• Define clear role &responsibilities and deliverable requirements in terms of both scope and schedule to all the team members, Supervision and task assignment to team leader/site Engineer/supervisors.
• Monitoring daily progress and ensure assigned schedule and actions reporting on any deviation, and
• Ensure all changes to specification, work scope and drawings are documented by using Aker MIPS Technical Query or Site Query system.
• Focal point of contact for all construction related SOW during shutdown/turnaround activities.
• Provide guidance to planning Team and contractor on alternative work fronts and work strategies.
• Review approved method statement and risk analysis and ensures full implementation during project execution phase.
And also coordinate and consolidate commissioning Technical and Operational input.
• Manage construction related interfaces/interactions with contractors and other company functional groups
• Reviewing of vendor’s documents for compliance with company requirements
• Review material requisitions MR, Mechanical Equipment data sheets, and construction equipments maintenance by daily basis.
• Undertaking Site Surveys as required.
• Interacting with operation team during shutdown, commissioning, start-up and platform handover report.
• Review man hrs and duration forecast to completion for onshore construction and man hrs, duration and manning forecast for offshore hook-up and offshore installation duration and resource requirement.
• Ensure the additional scope meet as per Piping standards and codes in terms of international standard
• Review & ensure hydrotest work pack /Material Take Off (MTO)/ ITR’s /(Change instruction –CI)/ AS-Built Drawing/ Material Request MR as per site condition.
• Report to Operation Team for project execution, progress status, risk and daily issues.
• Coordinate with Planner for updating the status of daily activities and progress.
• Coordinate with Site QC for site related issues/site query and punch list.
• Advise and clarify engineering issues at site by daily basis
• Monitoring and ensure punch list activities shall be carried out prior to project Completion.
• Implement all approved quality and HSE procedures.
• Maintain all major projects-documents, records and correspondences.
• Supporting project team in terms of engineering/Quality/Dossier Completion.
• Provide safety leadership at all execution locations along with site safety, quality, cost and schedule.
• Comply the Brunei Shell rules & regulations (12 life saving rules)
• To adhere to the Company’s Ethics Policy Statement in particular, be trustworthy, maintain a high ethical standard and adhere to the Code of Business Conduct.
• To accept personal responsibility for and adhere to the Company’s QHSES Policy and Procedures, Substance Abuse Policy and to raise matters of concern to the Company.
— Nov 2011
— Nov 2011
Project-1 Shutdown – Refinery Unit Fuel Line Gas at Ruwais
— Jan 2010
Project-1 Maintenance Refinery unit /fuel line Piping Project/ Erection of storage tank
— Jan 2008
Project-1 Fabrication & installation of Structural, India
— Apr 2007
Project-1 installation of Piping & Structural at Tank form projects in cudalore.