Contracts/ Procurement Manager - SCM Division
Last Updated: 28th April 2018 (over 4 years ago)
Degree in Mechanical Engineering
— Apr 1983
Lead Contract Engineer
— Sep 2016
• Responsible for formulating high value contracts, equipment and long lead items for major projects, O&M contracts in the Oil/Gas domain
• Managing areas such as performance guarantee management, change order management and correspondence management for contractual correctness and parameters post awarding the contract
• Finalizing Contract document, reviewing and approving sub-contractor arrangements, adhering to the compliance of HSE
• Following through with the contractor in procurement register, invoice processing, claims, variations and interpretation of contractual terms and agreements
Few Major Projects Handled
• Flare Emission and Reduction Project (Package 2 & 3; CO2 & SO2 reduction) (EPC + PMC)
• LG7- New Power Generation Project (EPC : CEGELEC – USD 78 Million)
• Replacement of Substations Phases 1, 2 & 3 (4 Projects were undertaken) (EPC + PMC) IGD Project USD 1,096,463,280
• IGD (Hyundai –USD 999 Million)
• IGD-E1 +E2 (PMC - Integrated Gas Development Project-Extension) USD 48,063,000 IGD-E1 Project - EPC USD 398,456,000
• IGD E1 ( Technimont – USD 398 Million)
• IGD-E2 Project – EPC was placed on hold in March 2016 after receiving Commercial Bids.
Contract Manager - PMC OAG Project
— Apr 2010
EPC Contractor: Technip
Contract Value: USD 667 Million
• I was responsible for Contracts, Procurement & Administration
• Offered support to the Project Team & the Interfacing Team in timely fulfilment of their contractual obligations
• Contributed substantially to the entire procurement cycle including material planning, floating tenders, working with suppliers, finalising contracts, awarding contracts, expediting material and assuring conformance of the supplied material to the contractual terms
• Spearheaded successful completion of project within the approved contractual budget and pre-defined timelines
• Negotiated and delivered US$ 50 million in savings from reduced cost variations
• Successfully renegotiated claims saving US$36 million from disputes
HEAD OF CONTRACTS - OFFSHORE OPERATIONS
— Sep 2006
• Handled commercial negotiations, offered contractual support and coordinated variation claims
• Successfully negotiated variations claims to a value between 40% - 60%
• Directed a team of 15 Contract Engineers and associated to develop, finalise tendering procedures and formats to achieve the contractual objectives
— Sep 2001
Preparing Tender Documents, Shortlisting of Bidders, Receipt of Bids and evaluation.
Post Award: Contract finalization, variations handling and dispute rsolutions
Various Positions - Final CHIEF MM Officer
— Jun 1996
Handled high value complex multi-disciplinary offshore Construction Projects.
Laying of Submarine Pipelines, Process Platforms, Wellhead unmanned platforms, Topside modifications etc.
Was involved from Feasibility Study to finalizing Tenders, floating tenders, evaluation, contract administration, arbitration, Variations etc.