Electrical Engineer with over 13 years of experience in Projects and E&I maintenance
Last Updated: 16th March 2020 (over 2 years ago)
• Fully conversant with ADDC Regulations with reference to IEE Wiring Regulations, British Standards, IEC & International standards for safety.
• Skilled in technologies like AC & DC Drives, DCS, PLC, Soft Starters, Servomotors, Servo Drives and SCADA
• Testing & Commissioning of MDB, SMDB, FDB, Motor Control center (MCC), Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS) and Earthing systems.
• Adept in maintenance of ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001 documentation with expertise in implementation of energy saving schemes.
• Experienced in installation and commissioning of all types of instrumentations like FT, PT, LT, TT, control valves, Analyzers and sensors.
• Instrumental in cable scheduling and cable route finalization for the projects.
• Proficient in swiftly ramping/ completing up projects with competent cross-functional skills and ensuring on time deliverables within pre-set cost parameters
• Deft in planning and effecting predictive & preventive maintenance schedules for various equipment to increase machine up time & equipment reliability
• An effective communicator & negotiator with strong analytical, problem solving and organizational abilities
B.TECH IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
— Jun 2006
Fuming plant for Hindustan Zinc Limited in Chanderiya Rajasthan
• Erection of 24 km of cable trays and support structures.
• Erection and Commissioning of 2.5MVA Dry type transformers.
• Erection and Commissioning of 8.6 MW Steam Turbine Generator (Siemens).
• Erection and Commissioning of MV 11 KV and LV switchgear.
• Erection and Commissioning of SMART MCC panels.
• MV, LV, Control, Instrumentation and network cable laying.
• Installation of LDB, PDB, lighting systems, small power and welding sockets in buildings/warehouses.
• Installation of access control system, fire alarm, Public addressing and CCTV systems.
• Erection and Commissioning of HV and LV Soft Starters.
• Erection and Commissioning of HV and LV Vfd’s.
• Erection and Commissioning of 2 Nos of 1.25MVA DG set.
• Erection and Commissioning HV and LV Compressors and Pumps.
• Erection and Commissioning of different types of conveyors and its protection schemes.
• Erection and commissioning of PLC (Siemens), DCS (Honeywell, Hollysys) and UPS systems.
• Erection and Commissioning of all types of instrumentation items like sensors, transmitters, transducers, control valves, Analyzers etc.
SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
— Jan 2018
• Erection and Commissioning of 330 MVA 15.75/220KV Transformer.
• Erection and Commissioning of MV 6.6 KV and LV switchgear.
• 180 Km of MV, LV, Instrumentation and network cable laying through trenches and duct banks.
• Installation of 13000 Amps Isolated Phase Bus Duct systems.
• Erection and Commissioning of DCS, BMS, UPS and Redundant battery systems.
• Installation of all instrumentations for the power plant.
• Installation of all the panels for GE make 9F5 series Gas Turbine and 330 MVA 15.75kV Generator set.
• Greenfield and Brownfield Permit Holder for electrical and instrumentation works.
— May 2017
• Selection of the lv and hv switchgears for the project.
• Designing of all the electrical substation buildings and power control center rooms inside the plant.
• Designing of cable schedule and cable routes inside the plant for lv and hv power distribution.
• Preparation of Electrical and Instrumentation BOQ and budget for the plant and finalization of electrical contractor for the project.
• Designing of all the instrumentation systems needed for the interlocks and integration of different systems.
• Calculation of E&I Manpower requirement for the project and operation stage of the plant.
— Jun 2015
• Lead Erection and commissioning of indoor 33KV and 11KV Gas Insulated substation.
• Installed all instrumentation and automation devices used in the plant.
• Commissioned 3*13.5MW 30 Tonne dual track induction melting furnace (Inductotherm Made).
• Commissioned Steel Melting shop, Laddle Refining Furnace and Scrap Shredder (Danieli Make).
• Installation of all utilities like cranes (80 Tonnes), compressors screw type (3*130KW), Water Treatment Plant and Fume treatment plant.
— Sep 2014
• Managed Design, erection and commissioning of three million tonne ductile iron pipe plant (DN250-2200) in U.A.E.
• Played a stellar role in erection, commission and maintenance of:
o Indoor 33KV Gas Insulated substation.
o 2*12MW 25Tonne dual track induction melting furnace (Inductotherm Made).
o 2*600KW centrifugal and 2*130KW screw compressor (Ingersoll rand make).
o Dedusting systems.
o Effluent treatment plant and Sewage Treatment plant.
o Hot Mould CCM, Bogie type annealing furnace and shot blasting machines
o Sand transportation (Omega Foundry England), sand reclamation (IMF Italy) and charger systems (Cyrus Germany), filter press (Matec U.S.A).
o WMI make E.O.T. cranes from 5 tonnes to 75 tonnes.
• Showed distinctive ability by designing HV Power Distribution 33KV inside the plant and LV Power Distribution
— Jun 2011
• Erection and commissioning of 132 KV external substation.
• Carried out PLC program troubleshooting and electrical AC and DC drive installation
• Supervised a team of 40 members in an effective manner.
• Has experience of installation and commissioning of DC Drives (Hannifin Parker) and LV ABB ACS 350,550, 800,850 ABB AC drives for metal and crane applications
• Ensured effective completion of erection and commissioning of the DI pipe project within record time (11 months).
• Commissioning of Type Testing Machines.
• Managed maintenance of:
o HT and LT Switchgears (230, 415, 11000, 132000 Volts)
o 2*3MW dual trak induction holding furnace (Inductotherm Made).
o Instrumentations like rtd’s, thermocouples, level switches, pressure switches, pressure transmitters, proximity switches, signal converters, flow meters, radiation pyrometers, temperature controllers, rotary absolute encoders, linear encoders, lvdt, etc.
o Annealing furnace equipments
o Centrifugal casting machines
o Zinc coating, high pressure testing machines, Cement conveying and mixing systems, Cement lining & grinding system, Curing chambers
o Internal and external coating machines
o Weighing systems (load cells and controllers)
o Overall utilities (130 kw compressors (screw type), Pump House, E.T.P,S.T.P, Lighting, LDO station, De dusting systems)
o DG of 500KVA and its associated switchgears.
o Hydraulic power packs
— Dec 2008
o LV distribution line and its switchgears inside the factory
o Ovens, burners, cooling conveyors, rotary moulders & cutters, creamers
o Water treatment plant, effluent treatment plant, air handling units, compressors, boilers, blowers, chillers, etc.
o Pneumatic systems
• Actively participated in an energy audit with the Schneider Energy Audit Team
• Acknowledged for installation and commissioning of LV Schneider make Altivar 21, 31 and 71 VFD’s and Siemens make Micro master 420 and 440 drives
• Reduction of total energy consumption of the plant by 10% in the course of 6 months.
• Detection of faults in biscuit batches and rejection of those batches with the help of vision sensing technology.
• Installation of UPS for the critical equipment in the process line.
GRADUATE ENGINEER TRAINEE
— Feb 2008
o 5.5mva transformer and soft starters & power distribution systems
o 18 tonne crane
• Handled erection of new mini blast furnace of 600tpd capacity
• Monitored maintenance of:
o HT and LT switchgears (230, 415, 3300, 33000Volts)
o 3.3MW Captive power plant electrical and instrumentation systems.
o Raw material handling systems involving conveyor belts, screens, vibrofeeders
o Blowers, movable throat armours and compressors
o Electrical equipments like air, oil, dc generator welding machines, EOT cranes (up to 80tonne)
o Metallic Blast Pre Heaters
• Managed installation and commissioning of LV Siemens make Micro master 420 and 440 VFD’s for conveyors and sifters
• Acknowledged for commissioning of new PLC System for the raw material handling system of the blast furnace
• Efficiently worked in a project of 600 tonnes/ day Mini Blast Furnace
• Successfully received a certificate for completing a session on Transformer Testing.