Senior-Level Project Manager
Last Updated: 18th March 2018 (over 4 years ago)
Cost Control Management; Schedule Management; Progress Measurement Systems; Risk/Change Management;Technology Management; Electrical Engineering; Forecasting & Planning; Team Leadership; Costing & Budgeting; Client Relationships; Communication Skills; Training & Development
Graduate Diploma of Project Management
— Dec 2010
Master of Business Administration - Technology Management
— Aug 2004
Bachelor of Engineering - Electrical
— Dec 1996
Senior Manager, Project Controls
— Oct 2017
Served as key member of core senior leadership team for EGA Capital Projects; performed functional management responsibility for all projects conducted by EGA Capital Projects Division and managed risk.
Formulated and approved project controls execution strategies; developed and implemented processes/procedures and provided governance for all capital projects with respect to project controls and risk.
Oversaw Projects Division and Project Controls teams comprising of project controls managers, risk managers, cost and planning managers, cost engineers, planners, estimators and accountants.
Senior Manager, Project Controls “Aluminum Smelter Expansion Project - Phase 2”
- Communicated and approved project controls execution strategy, systems and procedures, administered project budgets / schedules with the EPCM and ensured project milestones were achieved.
- Maintained independent assessment on overall project progress and cost forecasting. Effectively accomplished project interfaces with engineering, procurement and construction activities to meet the project deliverables.
- Informed effective management decisions with accurate and timely data and support, whilst building strong communications with top leadership.
Project Delivery Manager
— Sep 2011
- Provided effective communications with the project teams. Facilitated accurate and timely progress reporting to the clients and internally to management. Preserved risk management focus throughout the project duration.
- Effectively handled project interfaces, including the possible use of high value engineering centre. Delivered design, procurement and construction activities to meet the project schedule.
- Assessed performance of cost control, procurement, contracts systems, and personnel. Guided team on achievement of milestones and other key project objectives.
Manager, Project Controls
— May 2010
- Ensured that proposal estimating, project planning and cost control was carried out in accordance with best practices and standards.
- Maintained standards and procedures of excellence in planning, costing and estimating; developed and upheld reporting and controls tools for the Ausenco business.
- Developed and implemented project controls execution strategies, processes/procedures and reporting for the full life cycle of multiple projects.-
Senior Project Controls Engineer
— Jun 2006
— Dec 1999