Senior Quantity Surveyor / Cost Manager
Last Updated: 12th February 2018 (over 4 years ago)
My fields of work include Residential (Villas, Apartment Towers), Hospitality (Hotel and Resorts), Retail Buildings, Hospitals, MEP Works, Electrical Substations, Aviation/Air Ports, Infrastructure, Nature Parks, Landscaping and Interior Design (ID) & Fit-Out Works.
Areas of expertise includes project procurement, tender and contract documentation, contract administration, contract practice, change management (variations), claims, cost planning and cost controlling, estimation, tender evaluation and analysis, value engineering.
I am well conversant with Construction Industry Standards such as FIDIC, DCA, ETISALAT and DP Forms of Contracts/Subcontracts, Method of Measurements such as POMI, SMM7, CESMM3 and NRM 1 & 2.
Senior Quantity Surveyor
• Preparation of Request for Proposals (RFP), Review, Recommendation and Appointing Consultants
• Preparation LOA, LOI, Contract Agreements
• Payment Recommendation for Consultants / Contractors
• Shortlisting Contractors/Consultants via. Prequalification Process
• Cost Planning and Cost Estimating
• Preparation of Tender Documents including BOQ, Tender Management including Tender Evaluation, Tender Reporting and Recommendation
• Post Contract Cost Management including Payment Certification, Change Management(Variations), Cost Reporting & Cash Flows
• Reviewing Claims, Evaluating Validity of Claims and Recommendation
• Value Engineering & Life Cycle Costing (LCC)
• Post Contract Commercial Management including Monthly Valuation, Identifying Variations, Request for Change, Claim Preparation, Cost Controlling
• Preparation of Payment Certificate for the Sub-Contractors / Suuliers
• Review the Supplier’s Quotations and Payment Reccomendations
• Drafting Contractual Correspondence (LOI, LOA, Sub-Contract Agreement, Notice of Claims)
• Internal Commercial Reporting for the Management and Cash Flows