Senior Electrical Engineer
Last Updated: 4th February 2020 (over 2 years ago)
Extensive experience in the design of electrical power systems (at LV/MV & HV levels) for several important Oil &Gas and Energy Companies such as; Argentinian Oil Company YPF S.A (Argentina), Ecuatorian Oil Company PetroEcuador (Ecuador) , Venezuelan Oil Company -PDVSA (Venezuela), Termoflores (Celsia) Power Plant (Colombia) , Venezuelan Petrochemical Company - Pequiven (Venezuela).
Also having experience as a Construction Engineer responsible for planning, control and supervision of the related electrical construction works, field engineering (support to the “Site Technical Office”), and as commissioning engineer given technical support to the commission team.
Areas of Interest: Project Management, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Substations, Renewable Energy Sources, Power Generation, Electrical Studies (Power Systems), Pre-commissioning & Commissioning activities.
— Feb 2005
- New Coker Naphtha Hydrotreating Unit (NCHTU); EPC project; YPF La Plata Refinery; Buenos Aires, Argentina; April 2018-Present.
- Revamp of Magnaforming Unit; EPC project; YPF La Plata Refinery; Buenos Aires, Argentina; April 2018-Present.
- Circuits of Naphtha & Gasoil and Storage Tanks; EPC project; YPF La Plata Refinery; Buenos Aires, Argentina; October 2017- June 2018.
• Ensure quality and accuracy of General Engineering Services Contractor’s and EPC Contractor’s Electrical engineering design activities, system integration, and design selection.
• Supervise and manage the review and approval of General Engineering Services Contractor's and EPC Contractor’s work, ensuring compliance with client Onshore Capital Projects specifications, relevant codes and standards, and best industry practices.
• Coordinate the required engineering participation and contribute input and expertise in the development and analysis of various design options and business models to validate and optimize Contractor’s engineering designs.
• Coordinate the technical guidance required to develop new specifications and update existing specifications in line with Company requirements.
•Supervise and coordinate Electrical discipline participation in layout reviews, design reviews, and technical workshops.
•Influence Facilities and Equipment design optimization.
• Provide technical assistance and coordination with other discipline specialists.
• Coordinate technical reviews and analysis during vendor prequalification, bid evaluation, and performance evaluation.
• Coordinate the review of technical bid submissions and perform technical bid analysis.
— Dec 2016
- Esmeraldas refinery revamping project of units: Atmospheric Distillation, Vacuum Distillation, Fluid Cathalitic Cracking, Isomerization, Visbreaking, Hydrotreating, Hydrodesulfurization and Utilities; Fast Track EPC Project, PetroEcuador Esmeraldas Refinery, Ecuador, November 2014-December 2016.
• Review and preparation of the inspection and test plan, inspection checklist and methods statement for electrical (Low, Medium, and High Voltage Power Distribution System, Electric Motors) submitted by subcontractor.
• Conduct vendor inspection of equipment prior to release on site and Review of Factory Acceptance Test reports and manufacturer’s Quality Control documents.
• Review of RLM red lines drawings, Handover dossiers and documentation such as ITPs, Method statements, SAT site acceptance procedure etc related to projects.
Electrical Project Engineer
— Nov 2014
- Implementation of a combined closing cycle of gas turbines Flores II and Flores III. Flores IV. EPC project, Termoflores (Celsia) Power Plant, Barranquilla Colombia. July 2011 – October 2014.
- New Clusters and Central Processing Facility (CPF) Project. FEED project. Client: PDVSA. October 2010 – June 2011
The scope of the main project included the engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning of a 220MW combined cycle power plant in Barranquilla Colombia.
• Perform electrical engineering design and analysis for projects.
• Prepare cost estimates. Write technical purchase and construction specifications.
•Prepare material and/or labor bid document packages. Follow engineering QA/QC procedures. Respond to RFIs during construction and troubleshoot construction problems.
• Develop and implement inspection and testing plans. Inspect fabrication and construction activities, materials and work products.
Electrical Project Engineer
— May 2008
- Pequiven Fertilizer Plant. EPC Project. Client: PEQUIVEN. October 2007 – September 2010.
- Other relevants projects: Generation power plants for Oil National and International Venezuelan Airports. Basic and Detail Engineering. October 2008-May 2010.
- Multiple Projects related to Oil&Gas and Petrochemical Industries (PDVSA & Pequiven)
Design of single line diagrams (Overall & Detailed); control schematics at LV & HV level, Preparation and follow up of the Electrical Load List, design of Power & Equipment Layouts Drawings at Oil & Gas and Power facilities, development of Grounding Layouts & Details Drawings, preparations of the corresponding (grounding, electrical bulk material, lighting material ) MTOs; AC & DC UPS Sizing calculations, Development of the lighting calculation (Outdoor & Indoors environments).
Responsible of the (MV/LV Switchgears, AC & DC UPS, Power Transformers (Up to 90MVA)) Technical Requisitions & Technical Tabulations. Review and approval of vendor drawings associated to LV & MV MCCs/Switchgears. Assistance on Factory Acceptance Tests for main electrical equipment (MV/LV Switchgears, Power Transformers etc.).
As ETAP Specialist, responsible of the following electrical studies: Shortcircuit Analysis (based on IEC Std.), Load Flow Studies, LV & MV Cable Sizing Calculation (Under & Above Ground), Motor Starting Studies (based on dynamic and static simulations)