Last Updated: 22nd November 2019 (over 2 years ago)
Telecommunications and Project Management with exceptional experience in Quality Assurance, Facilities Management and H&S. Multiple academic qualifications in Instruction, Management, IT and Telecommunications combined with 24-year career with The Corps of Royal Engineers.
Currently employed in Afghanistan as a Technical Officer (Engineering) Consultant for NATO
working with US Ground and Special Forces for O&M and Engineering Tasks. A highly robust and committed individual; does not falter when challenged with multi-faceted problems whether working in a team or alone and under difficult conditions. Dedicated towards current goals whilst forward thinking deeper into the project at hand. Able to tackle all challenges in a calm and authoritative manner with exceptional leadership.
The ability to motivate others to deliver quality output within directed timescales; going beyond to deliver the desired outcomes. Highly trained communication skills both on a verbal and written level; bilingual in German. Has managed to integrate many of the practical, technical and communication skills into successful businesses away from the Military into civilian life.
Technical Officer (Consultant)
• Provision of Statement of Works (SOW) to the contractor and customer, management of contractor project management and handover of projects.
• Contract management for all facilities through the spectrum of O&M HVAC, Water and Waste, electrical production and provision.
• Monthly QA and reporting of contractor levels of competence and contractual adherence.
• Primary interface for US Forces customer on all contractual matters appertaining to the site for NATO.
• Acted as the Engineering Lead Technical Officer for Afghanistan in Kabul and all outstations, including consultant administrative management and day-to-day engineering activities in multiple areas.
• Responsible for the review and change management of quality control and assurance for all aspects of multiple contractual areas; including but not exclusive to site infrastructure maintenance, delivery of new builds, overview and snagging, facilities management, direct customer interface/customer services, contractor HR staffing and H&S.
• Assisted in the introduction of a renewed contractual proficiency evaluation tables (CPET) across the whole of Afghanistan for Engineering Services.