Rail Project Management
Last Updated: 17th July 2018 (over 4 years ago)
I am confident that I can contribute to your company’s growth and success and I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss how I can help your company meet its goals.
07.2017 – 02.2018 Project Manager (Rail) - Aspin Group, Hemel Hempstead, UK
● Managing the design of the platform and construction of complete piling and foundation works, installation of the transfer structure and the installation of the platform slabs.
● Scope of works includes: Didcot, Pangbourne, Twyford, Tilehurst, Cholsey,
Radley, Reading West, Hayes (CrossRail)
03.2012 – 01.2017 Operational Director (Rail) - PBG Management & Engineering, Bucharest
Project Management: Construction works for Parc Bazilescu – Lac Străuleşti section extension – Bucharest Metro (EUR 157.5 million)
• Extension of the underground line, section 2 of Line IV with two new stations.
• Tunneling structure works (1.3 km), new station builds (Laminorului and Lac Străuleşti)
• Underground depot, multimodal terminal and a Park & Ride facility.
• Design process management.
• Management stakeholders and 3rd party providers.
• Cross-team technical support, time management and communication co-ordination.
03.2008 – 03.2012 Project Development Manager, Geoffrey Osborne, Waterloo, London
Project Development (including Design Development): part of South Operational Projects Framework (budget £200 mil), for a portfolio of schemes (list below).
• Responsible for planning, organising and implementing all site surveys in a safe manner taking due cognisance of the railway environment.
• Included the management of the production of “Work Package Plans”, Possessions bookings, supervision co-ordination, access agreements with all parties and the provision of necessary ‘attendances’.
• Design Process Management for single and detailed options and feasibility stages.
• Commercial management of design contracts.
Bridge Works – consolidation and maintenance:
Forest Gate Manor Park Rainham
Finchley Road and Frognal Walter Cross Enfield Lock
St. Margaret’s- concrete repairs North Fambridge Benfleet
Tulse Hill- bridge replacement
Southampton Portsmouth Salisbury
Platform Re-surfacing, New Drainage System, New Copers and Tactiles, Canopy Works:
Barking Brondesbury Acton
Seven Sisters Queensbury Tulse HIll
Walthamstow Queen’s Road Purley Theobald Grove
Basingtstoke Ware Black Horse Road
06.2006 – 03.2008 Project Engineer, May Gurney, Stevenage.
• Outline engineering projects from inception to completion of schemes, Grip Stage 2-5.
• Check and verify designs and calculations from external consultants.
• Ensure procedures and systems associated with the design process are adhered to.
• Manage site health and safety, including environmental issues.
05.2004 – 06.2006 Design Engineer Rail, Kier Group, Chelmsford
• Production of engineering design/details Grip Stage 2-5.
• Supervision and checking of feasibility studies.
• Production of Scope of Works and Design Briefs for the Commissions
• Defining the Scope of Works and deliverables associated with the design project; includes handling Form ‘A’ and Form ‘B’ checklists, technical queries.
Rail Project Manager
● Project management: planning, control and monitoring projects against the agreed scope and delivering within agreed time and cost constraints, to the required quality standards.
● Effective communication skills with both internal & external stakeholders, at all decision-making level.
● Experienced at negotiating and managing third party supplier deliverables.
● Producing regular written project reports showing clear status updates.
● Experience of working to a defined project approach or methodology.
● Excellent proficiency across all Microsoft Office applications, experience of MS Project
● Current scope of works includes: Enabling works JCT contract for Solum/Kier joint venture with Network Rail.