Emergency Response Officer
Last Updated: 1st February 2018 (over 4 years ago)
Certificate of Higher Education
— Jul 2005
— Jul 2002
Emergency Response Officer
Deployment on the islands was a 28 day rota meaning the ERU team provides 24/7 cover that includes:
• Firefighting Repsonse
• Marine Rescue and Oil spill Response/chemical storage
• Rope rescue
• Confined Space/Trench/Excavation Rescue
• Fire Safety and Construction site Inspection
• Fire Warden & Fire Extinguisher Training for company employees
• Work force Fire Safety awareness talks.
Day to day routine also includes maintenance of competency through drills of potential scenarios and equipment and vehicle up keep.
Fire Training Supervisor
— Jan 2016
• Training of new Recruits as part of the Firefighting Course.
• Assisting with refresher courses for operational staff as part of the Airport Maintenance of Competency program
• Deliver training to various stake holders and departments within the airport and also outside organisations in Fire Safety, this included an in-depth Fire extinguisher course, theory and practical and also Fire Warden training.
• Help maintain all of the Training and Development firefighting equipment, vehicles and records.
— Jan 2015
Manage a 24/7 operational Crew deployed on one of the fire vehicle at Dubai International airport.
• Ensure personnel maintain their firefighting competencies and welfare is assured.
• Ensure all operational fire vehicles and rescue equipment are maintained and serviceable.
• Ensure minimum staffing levels are maintained.
— Dec 2014
• Part of an operational rescue and firefighting team for the extinguishment and control of fire and the saving and preservation of life certain types of emergencies at the airport.
• Holder of a Heavy Vehicle License and driver of a number of fire vehicles
• Use and maintenance of technical rescue equipment and complex fire vehicles to enable the job role to be carried out effectively and efficiently.
— Dec 2010
• Meeting with the client to discuss equipment requirements and site layouts.
• Offer event setup support through experience and equipment knowledge.
• Liaise with the client during the quotation process, adjusting quotes upon alterations.
• Organizing preparation of equipment for delivery, ensuring quality control measures are met.
• Ensure a safe working environment for equipment offload and site setup.
• Organize vehicles for equipment and crew, making sure delivery and setup schedules are met.
• Being the 24 hour representative/event contact for our equipment on site ensuring the event runs smoothly and all equipment works to the standard expected.
• Ensuring all paper work is presented to the client, signed and returned to the office.
• Delivery of invoices and cheque collections.