Mechanical Commissioning/Maintenance Technician
Last Updated: 15th May 2018 (over 4 years ago)
I am an enthusiastic, pro-active and experienced Senior/Lead Mechanical Commissioning Technician who has shown continuous progression and drive throughout my career. I consider myself to be a highly conscientious and ambitious individual, customer-focused and capable of administering the analytical skills and rigour required to deliver excellent results. I have a natural confidence in dealing with people in all levels of people, with the right mix skills and diplomacy to tackle and resolve any issues arising with colleagues or clients. I am dedicated to achieving both business and personal goals, striving to create innovative and effective solutions to achieve positive results. I am also approachable and supportive which has enabled me to form excellent working relationships with clients and the team around me. I am an enthusiastic learner and keen to expand my knowledge base.
I am now looking for a new challenge to bring my discipline, individual drive, commitment, and a first class can do attitude to delivering all work scopes safely and on time to a future employer. I work well as part of a team, whilst also possessing the discipline and self-motivation required to work autonomously. I believe the knowledge and experience and maturity that I have gained through various assignments will put me in a strong position for employment in a variety of fields.
I believe my key qualities and strengths are, time keeping, hardworking, reliable, quick learner, ability to quickly establish effective working relationships and most importantly my high standard of work ethic.
I feel that I could best present myself by interview (even if informal), but I have also enclosed a copy of my curriculum vitae for your consideration.
If you have no positions currently available, it would be appreciated if you could keep my details for future reference. Any advice on when positions may become available in the future and the best methods to apply would be very much appreciated.
Senior Mechanical Commissioning Technician
▪ Working with commissioning delivery lead to ensure all mechanical aspects of the package perform to and meet
the required standards.
▪ Hydrostatic pressure testing of LP/HP mud and cement systems.
▪ Pump laser alignments, Mechanical joint integrity, torqueing, inspections and troubleshooting, Top Drive
static/dynamic commissioning, draw works static/dynamic commissioning, Mud Pump static/dynamic
commissioning including load runs.
▪ Pipe handling systems (Iron Roughneck – V-door Machines – Star Racker – Mud bucket) static/dynamic
commissioning and troubleshooting, Hydraulic systems static/dynamic commissioning (HPU).
▪ Pipework removal, inspections and fitting. Coupled and uncoupled pump runs.
▪ Hydraulic Rig skidding system static/dynamic commissioning.
▪ Various valve removal (PZVs, PSVs, Gate valves, Butterfly valves, Needle valves, Ball valves etc.)
▪ Overhaul and inspection.
▪ Nitrogen accumulator filling/draining. Koomey unit/BOP function testing, static and dynamic commissioning.
▪ Creating permits and hold comprehensive task toolbox talks.
▪ Designing and implementing mechanical isolations to SIRPS requirements.
▪ Creating level 2 risk assessments when necessary.
▪ Creating joint breakout requests using P&ID and Isometric technical drawings.
▪ Complying, understanding and participating in offshore safety culture.
▪ Providing technical assistance.
▪ Complying with all relevant procedures and deliver high standards of safety performance during all operations