Last Updated: 2nd November 2017 (over 4 years ago)
I have successfully managed Safety Health, Environmental and Quality departments at several reputable companies, ensuring high standard of compliance to OSHAS 18001 standards, client specifications and regulation with a reputable record.
My long term goal is getting my SHEQ Management degree. I have completed my diploma and would continue to work toward becoming an extraordinary skilled SHEQ Specialist.
The mining experience has granted me a considerable opportunity to develop my safety, health and environmental management skills in projects Construction and Mining. My duties over the years were, yet not limited to: ISO & OSHAS 18000 (occupational health and safety management system) compliance, Incident and accident investigations and implementing long term solutions to mitigate repeat incidents. Conducting legal audits and inspections, facilitating and drafting site specific risk assessments and implementation and monitoring of effective control measures on projects. Compiling monthly and weekly reports, and feedback to senior level management. Training of employees on standards and procedures. Compilation of SHEQ files and systems, and monitoring progress, to ensure compliance.
I have more than 20 years working experience in various industries and positions and believe I am a humble, natural leader with good people skills and a passion for what I do. I work well under pressure and am honest and hardworking. Focusing on safety, health and environment, I have construction, mining, oil and gas experience as well as factory, food health, fast manufacturer consumer goods and hygiene experience. I have consulted too various engineering companies like Vela Vke, Kwezi Kv3, Aurecon, and SSI and also for municipality's at which I did HSE Coordinating . I also consulted to companies such as Empa structures, TOR, Ruwacon, with large projects like bridges, revamping, and large construction projects and in overall managed the regional area of Western Cape in South Africa.
I worked in food management prior to working in the Safety and Health industry, I managed and co-owned I a fast food franchise and assisted in managing a Portuguese restaurant in the Boland region in Cape Town.
I have extensive experience and skill, and when given the opportunity I will make the difference!
— Jul 2016
Senior Safety Advisor
• Implementation of SHEQ Systems and SHE awareness.
• Overviewing and reviewing of SHEQ Systems.
• Measuring SHEQ Compliance to the Standard by Auditing, Inspecting and visiting of areas.
• Compiling monthly and weekly reports.
• Managing SHEQ KPI’s.
• Drafting and coordinating of SHEQ procedures and risk assessments.
• Incident and accident investigations and the enforcement of effective mitigating and corrective actions.
• Actively involved in leading operational planning and HSE input and monitoring.
• Implementing of Emergency response drills and coordinating and reviewing the effectiveness and compiling feedback reports for senior management.
• Conducting monthly visible felt leadership visits and compiling feedback reports to senior management.