Health and Safety Manager
Last Updated: 9th May 2019 (over 3 years ago)
I have work with leading companies with extremely favorable outcomes in all relevant disciplines and favorable in power and energy. My do or die attitude and uplifting spirit are very hard to find elsewhere. I have been awarded with numerous positive e-mails with regards to the quality of my work from senior delegates in my work environment. I strive in doing the right thing right the first time. Time wasting is money wasting. I am your friend in health and safety. My work comes first and is willing and able to work anywhere in South Africa and are willing to work across our borders.
I have 30 years’ experience in the construction industry which includes electrification projects up 22Kv, power line grid installations up to 132Kv, Roads and Earthworks, structural steel installations, civil works and form works and commissioning of plant on various EPC contracts.
I am a fully Qualified HSE professional with more than 20 years in the construction industry and with 10 years of senior Contractor Management involvement from start-up to hand-over experience, which includes audits, inspections, monthly contractor review, RAMS (Risk Assessment & Method Statement) review.
I have managed 18 different contractors with tradesmen, construction mobile plant, laborers and sub-contractors on site with manpower of ± 2870. We achieved 8 000 000 LTIF on one of South Africa’s biggest power station in the Northern hemisphere.
Health and Safety
Health and Safety Manager
• Possess a thorough understanding of local / regional regulations and FB policies and Procedures.
• Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Safety Policies.
• Seek input from Safety teams, Associates and jobsite members on safety program improvement opportunities. Ensure open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
• Carry out procedures that effectively control accident and health exposures at jobsites and minimize OSHA citations.
• Develops and recommends new procedures and approaches to safety and loss prevention based on reports of incidents, accidents, and other data gathered
• Assists Corporate Safety Department in administration of safety statistics.
• To recommend control measures and advise on the standard of P.P.E. issued to employees.
• Responsible for the implementation and operations of the Protect Safety Program including the development of site safety policies and procedures
• Review, evaluate, and analyses work environments and design site-specific programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent injuries.
• For all jobsite deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
• Monitors all construction work for compliance with safety requirements.
• Evaluates working conditions and recommends changes in methods and work procedures in relation to safety methods, practices and procedures.
• Assists in conducting inspections and enforcing adherence to laws and regulations governing the health and safety of individuals.
• Disseminates information to jobsite workers and others regarding toxic substances, hazards, and other safety information.
• Assists Project Managers and administrators in enforcing safety regulations and codes.
• Conducts jobsite surveys on periodic and regular basis to detect code violations, hazards, and incorrect work practices and procedures.
• Document and Analyze safety metrics and conduct / review incident reports to discover trends to assess appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest.
• Maintains records, prepares reports and composes correspondence relative to safe work procedures.
• Prepares and submits inspection activity reports.
• Reviews accident reports to detect problem areas related to employee safety. Gathers evidence and prepares reports on code violation complaints and accidents.
• Following incidents of construction-related accidents, performs a thorough investigation to ensure that all required policies were followed.
• Maintains administrative control of records related to safety and health programs.
• Prepares and disseminates memos and reports.