Gas Turbine Field Service
Last Updated: 3rd August 2018 (over 4 years ago)
Total 27 years of Oil and gas experience in upstream, down stream, Power generation znd Fertilizer process.
Last 15 years with Turbine OEM and gas turbine retrofit companies-Solar Turbine, Rolls Royce & Triconex.
Bachelor Of Engineering Electronics & Communication
— Mar 1989
FSR Level IV
• Mechanical Installation of Solar Turbine packages onto offshore modules for gas compression and generator applications.
• Commissioning of packages which includes cold and hot loop checks. Final start up and package performance test.
• After sales customer service which include attending to customer trouble calls, Train customer onsite, Attend to maintenance contract (LTSA) assignments, Remote support and set-up remote monitoring (InSight) system.
• Field repairs of solar centrifugal compressors which include Dry and Wet gas Seals bearings. Field repair of gas turbine packages.
• Advise customer on Service bulletin and technical letter complains and implement same.
• Site survey and package upgrade which include controls retrofit, fuel module retrofit and other auxiliary system upgrade.
• Attend to condition assessment programmes. 4000 & 8000 hrs. Maintenance. Write extensive condition assessment reports on packages.
• Hot gas path boroscopic inspection. Alignment, Engine change out.
• Well Versed in Solar Turbotronics 2, 3 & 4 system using Allen Bradley PLC5 & Control Logix hardware.
• Well Versed in Wonderware, iFix & Solar TT2000, TT4000 HMI built around Panel view HMI packages.
• Exposure to PLC’s (Alan Bradley, Siemens),Citect HMI and there application in industry
• Well versed in Dry Gas seal and Wet seal replacement tasks on all Solar compressor packages. Well versed in Compressor aero bundle replacement on all Solar compressor models.
• Well versed in Solar compressor aero bundle replacement task planning and implementation. Solar Compressor Surge control algorithm.
• Attended to almost 73 Solar turbines new unit commissioning start-up activities.
• Train New incoming field service representatives under the mentor programme.
• 24/7 support to customers. Customers worked with-Chevron, Modec, ONGC, KNOC, JVPC, Vietso Petro, Conoco Philips, Shell, British Gas, British petroleum, Exxon Mobil, Petrofac, Bumi Armada, Cairn Energy, Premier Oil, Aker, Petronas, GAIL, ESSAR & L&T.
• Use all Solar field tools like align it, EngPerf, Pipeline, TRIT effectively to analyse or carry out maintenance tasks.
Technical Support Engineer LTSA
— Aug 2006
• Provide support for their RB211, Trent-60 and Avon fleet of engines.
• Maintain Remote monitoring software and analyse fleet performance and advise customer on maintenance planning.
• Support Field engineers on Instrumentation and controls issues. Package start-up issues.
• Implement service bulletin advisory.
• Attend project kick-off and plan and schedule manpower.
• 24/7 remote support to customers in Asia Pacific region
• Well versed in Rolls Royce entronics Controls FT100, FT110 and FT125. Using Flexi trend hardware and other PLC hardware like Allen Bradley and GE FANUC.
• Well versed in FT 210 HMI using Wonderware and iFIX HMI software.
Turbomachinary Controls Engineer
— Apr 2005
• Controls retrofit of OEM turbine packages including gas turbine, steam turbine, waste heat recovery boiler using Triple redundant SIL3 certified Triconex TMR PLC hardware.
• Job includes, I/O and hardware load calculation panel sizing, Basis of design document preparation, develop loop drawings, and liaise with sub-vendors.
• Build turbine logic using IEC 1151 turbine function blocks from TRICONEX function library. Build HMI using Wonderware HMI application.
• Site survey of customer turbine packages and assist in project proposals.
• Site and factory acceptance.
• Install and commission retrofit projects at site which includes PLC hardware and software, Fuel module and other optional turbine auxiliary modules.
Achievements: (Projects handled)
• INDIA-ONGC Offshore Heera Platform-Design implement and commission 3 Nos of MANN-GHH Gas turbine driven Process gas compressor train-Job involves implementing new integrated (ITCC) turbine compressor controls with integrated Compressor surge controls using Triconex TMR PLC and Triconex IEC 1151 Gas turbine Libraries, Installed new CCI Dragger Surge control valves and Woodward GS10 gas fuel control valve and complete retrofit of fuel system and IGV system using Moog T200 servo. (Tricon TS3000 System And Wonderware HMI interface).
• SAUDI-JUPC Design Implement and commission tricon integrated Turbine compressor controls for 3 Nos of New MHI steam turbine governor control and surge controls for the compressors for the Olefin plants- Steam turbine driven 5 Stage cracked gas compressor, steam turbine driven 3-Stage Propylene refrigeration compressor, steam turbine driven 2 Stage ethylene gas compressor. (Tricon TS3000 System And Wonderware HMI interface).
• THAILAND-Rayong Thai-Olefins Design Implement and commission tricon integrated Turbine compressor controls for 3 Nos of New MHI steam turbine governor control and surge controls for the compressors for the Olefin plants- Steam turbine driven 5 Stage cracked gas compressor, steam turbine driven 3-Stage Propylene refrigeration compressor, steam turbine driven 2 Stage ethylene gas compressor. (Tricon TS3000 System And Wonderware HMI interface).
• KOREA-Namhae Fertilizers- Design Implement and commission tricon integrated Turbine generator controls for 2 Nos of existing steam turbine governor control for the namhae fertilizer plant. Replacement of new MOOG electro-Hydraulic governor control servo-valve. (Trident System And Wonderware HMI interface).
• SINGAPORE-Exxon Chemicals Jurong Island-Design and commission (retrofit) single valve TS310SV Tricon governor controller for their turbo-pumps.
• JAPAN-MHI- design a steam turbine driven compressor simulator for the MHI factory training. (Tricon TS3000 System emulator And Wonderware HMI interface).
• INDONESIA-Bali- Indonesia Power Presently involved in designing and commissioning control system retrofit using Tricon TMR for GE frame, speedtronics mark-V turbine generator and with static excitation AVR using (ITGC). (Tricon TS3000 System And Wonderware HMI interface).