Fuels Specialist / warehouse manager
Last Updated: 16th April 2018 (over 4 years ago)
A self-motivated person, vastly experienced in Military logistics, Warehouse and POL/fuels management. Highly committed to the principals of customer care, possessing excellent time management and organisational skills, with an eye for detail and an ability to see the larger picture. An extremely efficient, versatile, adaptable, pro-active and resourceful individual with an ability to thrive on challenges and well used to problem solving and achieving goals. Able to work equally well within a team or using own initiative.
• Customer Relations: Information, enquiries & complaints face to face; email; written; phone etc. Dealing with myriad of nationalities, International/National Custom & Excise; internal/external stakeholders.
• Training & mentoring/coaching: Supervision/Management of staff, training, motivating, leading, effective delegation:
• Stock control: Finding & resolving discrepancies, stock inspections & pre /audits; Ordering, issuing & receipt of various stocks.
• Data control: Compilation of Stats and reports, data entry, filing (manual & electronic) ensuring all data handling in accordance with Military & UK policies and legislation.
• Fuels: Testing & sampling, monitoring & recording usage, issue & receipt of bulk transfers; cross bulking (tank to tank transfer); waste management in accordance with legislation; hot helicopter refuelling. Experienced Spillage response lead. PPP & Remediation trained.
• Dangerous goods: Handling, loading, moving & storage & ensuring compliance with all UK & military legislation and policies.
• Driving: Loading & lashing of flatbeds/tail-lifts; forks; Hilux, Dangerous goods licence (expired). Iso container loading experience.
• Health & Safety: Office, Warehouse & POL sections IOSH Risk assessments, procedural amendments/implementation, environmental monitoring of storage areas.
2014 to Date: Warehouse team leader / Waste disposal management
RAF Waddington - LN5 9NB
• Responsible for 10 staff- both civilian & Military
• Basic warehouse management; housekeeping; stock & Data control, risk assessments (short, mid & long term). Transport & movement of stock.
• Large scale Waste management of all military assets in accordance with policies & legislations.
• Apr - Jul 2015: OP SHADER: Cyprus - Fwd Spt/Ops aircraft spares.
• Aug - Dec 2018: Deployed: Falklands - Barrack stores.
2011-2014: Aviation Fuels Specialist, Ground fuel & POL Operative
RAF Akrotiri - BFPO54
• Ship to shore petroleum lab tech; Pre-transfer checks, take samples to test quality incl flashpoint density & icing inhibitors, direct supervision & monitoring of all Fuel deliveries; subsequent tests to ensure quality control maintained.
• Trained, and experienced, in Emergency Fire procedures & spillage response including marine pollution. (see below Stn Commanders commendation).
• Customer relations, including external stakeholders; staff management; data & stock control; H&S.
• Storage, Monitoring & receipt of domestic LPG Stocks (approx 3500 dwellings).
• Nov 12 -Mar 13; OP Herrick; Kandahar Airfield -C130 Stores.
2009-'11: Secondment 51 SQN & POL operative. RAF Waddington-Lincs.
• Sept 10-Jan 11: Deployed: Falklands- Helicopter refuels/rotors turning.
2003–'09: Mobility Flight Spt & POL Operator. RAF lyneham – Wilts.
• May - Sept 05: Op Telic - Basrah, Iraq; operational Fuels
1998 - 2003 Catering & Hospitality working up to Pub Head Chef
Various Locations within Lincs/Notts.
• 2018 -NEBOSH Environmental Health & Safety, CTP Aldershot
• 2017 -NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety.
• 2014 -60 Points / Environmental Science, Open University
• 2013 -Leadership Development Training & IOSH H&S risk assessors training
• 2009- Fuels & Lubricants operators course
• Compressed gasses & Cryogenic fluids course.
• 2004 -NVQ 2 Warehousing & Distribution & NVQ 2 Hospitality and Catering
• 1999 -GCSE's: English, Maths, Science, Geography, Art, Graphics
• Others -QA level 3 First aid at Work (QCF); E&D; mandatory fire training; Forks license & rough terrain operator; Dangerous goods license (expired).
Meritorious Awards & Service Medals
• 2018 Long Service & Good Conduct
• 2013 -Station commanders’ commendation for my quick reaction in identifying & extinguishing electrical fire within the Petroleum storage depot preventing potential catastrophic explosion- Holdings at the time were close to 13 million litres.
• 2013 NATOs ISAF Operation, Afghanistan
• 2012 The Queens Diamond Jubilee 2008 -Station Commanders commendation;5 years of volunteer work, supporting the running of local youth club & Successfully organising summer trips to different locations whilst ensuring all CP, H&S, risk assessment policies etc were adhered to.
• 2008 & 2012 Afghanistan (x2) Op Herrick
• 2005 Iraq Op Telic
I am 35 and married with two children, I enjoy weekly football games, the occasional game of squash and general fitness when I can. I also like to raise money for charity and volunteer on the annual Duke of Edinburgh awards '10 tors' exercise on Dartmoor. I get on with people from all walks of life, enjoy new experiences and look forward to starting a professional life outside of the Military.
RAF Logistics supplier
— Mar 2018
CTP Aldershot 2018
Environmental Health & Safety
NEBOSH General Certificate
CTP Aldershot 2017
Occupational Health & Safety
60 Points / Environmental Science
Open University 2014
Journey Through a Changing World
NVQ 2 Warehousing & Distribution
On job training 2004
Warehousing & Distribution
NVQ 2 Hospitality and Catering
Lincoln College/Horse & Jockey Waddington 2000
Hospitality and Catering
Fuels specialist / Warehouse manager
Fuels specialist / Warehouse manager
Warehouse team leader / Waste disposal management - 2014 – present
Aviation fuels specialist - 2013 - 2014
Ship to Shore- Petroleum Lab Technician
Petroleum Operator / Ground fuels - 2011 - 2012
Squadron /First line Stores - 2011
Petroleum Operator - 2009 - 2010
Petroleum operator - 2008 - 2009
Mobility Support Flight - 2005 - 2008
Freight distribution - 2003 - 2005
FALKLAND ISLANDS-Barrack Stores- 2017-2018
RAF AKROTIRI / CYPRUS- Forward Support/Operational Spares - 2015
KANDAHAR AIRFIELD / AFGHANISTAN- C130 Herc spares storeman - 2012 - 2013
FALKLAND ISLANDS / HILL COVE Helicopter refuels / Rotors turning – 2010
BASRAH AIR BASE / IRAQ- Operational fuels - 2005