Certified Fire Protection Specialist /HSE Professional
Last Updated: 9th January 2019 (over 3 years ago)
Certified Fire Inspector (CFI) – (In Progress)
Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS)
— Apr 2017
— Oct 2016
IOSH Managing Safely
— Aug 2016
General Industry 30 & 10 hours training
— May 2012
— Jun 2012
Safety Management System
— Mar 2012
FIRE & SAFETY ENGINEER
— Dec 2017
• Assists the HSE Manager in the establishment and management of the fire safety program and in the identification and mitigation of hazards to persons and property.
• Reviewing contractor’s safety submittals
• Site inspection for dangerous fire hazards.
• Taking a lead role in ensuring the contractor complies with his approved Safety Plan and attends regular safety audits
• Advises and assists senior management in the formulation, implementation and management of major project safety plans
• Taking a lead role in the fire safety training and monitoring of internal staff. Complies with all internal safety procedures.
• Chairing the weekly safety meetings
• Following up on non-conformances
• Design and install fire safety equipment.
• Hold training sessions on fire protection and prevention.
• Evaluate fire departments.
• Design fire detection equipment, alarm systems, and fire extinguishing devices.
• Identify potential fire hazards in buildings, such as water supplies, exit locations, and construction materials.
• Research methods to extinguish fires and ignition sources.
• Teach workers and managers how to handle fires and best ways to escape.
HEALTH SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL SUPERVISOR
— Feb 2014
• Support the HSE Manager and team with planning, coordinating and implementing of effective HSE policies, procedures to ensure that the department objectives are met.
• Provide support to Project and Operation team in all aspects of safety, occupational health, safety and environmental issues.
• Support the HSE Manager in ensuring HSE compliance
• Regular HSE audits in the areas of business and vessel operations.
• Attend pre-job, planning and client meetings as required on HSE related matters.
• Assist with developing HSE plans that comply with Company policies and procedures as well as client requirements.
• Ensure training, tool box meetings, and drills are implemented as part of the company’s training and HSE program, i.e. emergency response systems, etc.
HEALTH SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT ENGINEER
— Oct 2013
• Ensure the standards are observed
• Propose appropriate solutions in accordance with applicable legislation and corporate policies
• Assist the HSE Manager in developing Safety Performance Indicators and Targets and helps communicate findings to staff and assist in implementation of the mitigation strategies.
• Provides oversight to the new hire safety orientation process and other safety related training.
• Assists in development of the Project Health, Safety and Environment Plan.
• Implements the Project Health, Safety and Environmental Plan.
• Reviews and advises on safety requirements in the Method Statement and Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA).
• Reviews risk assessments for upcoming work and provide technical assistance to the safety planning process.
• Receives reviews and distributes safety inspection reports with recommended corrective actions.
• Audits and inspects the job site to detect and correct safety hazards.
• Audits the job accident records and periodically prepare an audit report of these records.
• Represents management during safety inspections of the job site by regulatory authorities.
• Verifies proper maintenance, calibration and operation of all safety equipment.
• Leads the weekly HSE meetings with the contractor and participates in site safety training.
• Takes a pro-active approach in resolving potential hazards at work site.
• Verifies agreed safety standards and applicable regulations are enforced by the contractor.
• Reports Near-misses and safety statistics each month.