Crane Operator Stage 3 Sparrows BS7121
Last Updated: 14th September 2018 (over 4 years ago)
Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation
— Oct 2009
— Dec 2017
• Plan the individual lifting operation
• Ensure that the necessary warning signal are given that lifting operations are under way
• Ensure that the necessary communication channels are established between all those involved in the operation
• Follow instructions and signals from the signalman, and obey stop signal regardless of who gives them
• Operate the equipment in accordance with the capacities and restrictions that apply to the lifting appliance being used
• Stop a lifting operation if there is any doubt about safety
• The operation shall not be resumed until safe conditions are re-established.
• Responsible in all lifts are carried out in a safe manner and in accordance to the company expectations.
• Ensure a Lifting Assessment / Plan in place for all lifting operations, involving all those participating in the lifting operation.
• Perform pre-use checks of the Lifting Appliance prior to commencing any operations.
• Select appropriate lifting gear for the lift in question ensuring the valid lifting colour code in use.
• Ensure that the lifting appliance and lifting gear are in good condition for their purpose and in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions for use, specifications and instructions.
• Ensure that the lifting appliance is maintained in accordance with the maintenance program.
• Coordinate the lifting operation in relation to other on-going activities
• Responsible to act as one of the member Helicopter Landing on-board the vessel.
• Carry out other duties as directed by the Master or C/Mates Deck Foreman.
• Work according to and promote company’s HS&E Policies and Procedures as well as fully commit to preventing any damage to the environment.
• Responsible and accountable to conduct their tasks in full compliance with company’s procedures.
• Participate in Tool Box Talks.
• Ensure work site is safe and that all tools used are in a satisfactory condition.
• Ensure that there’s no potential drop objects while carrying out in lifting operation.
• Participate in the development of JSA (Job Safety Analysis) concerning crane lift, rigging equipment.
• Assist with the bunkering operations
• Assist with the marine crew in loading & offloading cargos operation and mooring operations when needed.