Lead Quality Engineer at GE
Last Updated: 9th October 2017 (over 5 years ago)
I graduated as Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering from AMU Aligarh, a Centralized University from India. As a Quality Engineer, I have a strong background in the basic principle of engineering methods and practices. In addition, I am proficient in using Primavera P6 software and SAP PM Module.
My professional work experience as Quality Engineer at construction, oil & gas downstream industry and my years of academic background have given me not only a strong technical foundation but also domain knowledge and exposure to work environment. My key strength includes self-discipline and ability to make decision in crucial cases, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, strong attention to detail, and unparalleled work ethic, strong troubleshooting skills, quick problem solving ability and passionate to learn and adopt new technologies. My reputation precedes me for listening and analyzing employee’s ideas and thought on creating a safe and productive work environment.
As my years of education and experience make me feel confident that I can excel and live up to the expectations in performing duties assigned. My enclosed resume provides more details on my qualifications, skills and work experience.
I would welcome the opportunity to meet you to discuss how my education and experience might best be employed to your organization. I am excited to learn about opportunities for QA-QC position with your company, and am confident that I would be a great asset to your team. Please feel free to contact me at +919045552385 for further questions. I will be available as soon as possible to take up the responsibilities if you find me a potential fit.
B Tech. Mechanical Engineering
— May 2010
— May 2006
Lead Quality Engineer
• Site Planning, Monitoring, Quality Control and provide consultancy to customer, contractor & subcontractor.
• Project reviews to identify Project Quality requirements.
• Attend Design reviews, Risk reviews as required.
• Understanding CoPQ events, NCRs, QHMS and conducting root cause analysis as required.
• Preparation of, and ensuring adherence to, I&TPs including all customer interfaces.
• Notification of and participation with customer on Audits and Inspections in organization / supplier’s facilities as required.
• Investigate any Quality Failures (internal/external) and recommend and follow up corrective action.
• Witness inspections at Suppliers, both with customers and on behalf of organization.
• Participation in necessary Engineering and Project Management meetings to present and review Project specific Quality issues.
• Participation in Quality and Process Improvement (QPI) meetings to present and review metrics on Supplier Performance.
• Adherence to compliance and industry regulations.
• Conducting thorough investigations, and providing detailed reporting to Project Director. This documentation was then recorded as historical quality control documents.
— Sep 2016
• Static Equipment’s i.e. Pressure Vessels, Heat Exchangers, Piping, Storage Tanks, Boilers, Fired Heaters and Structures for Oil & Gas and Energy sector.
• Rotating Equipment’s i.e. Steam Turbines, Turbo Compressors, Pumps, Gear Boxes, Lube oil Systems, Bowl Mill equipment’s etc.
• Raw Materials ie. Ferrous & Non-Ferrous Pipe, Tubes (Drill, Casing, Tubing, Green, etc.), Forgings, Plates, Castings, Valves, Filters, Piping accessories for Oil & Gas & Petrochemical Plants.
• Inspection of Piping as per B 31.1 & 31.3 and Pipeline inspection as per API 1104 Reviewing and Approval for materials Certificates in Piping.
• Responsible for preparation, review of all materials and equipment datasheets, specifications, and requisitions to ensure that the correct material types, material grades, materials properties, and materials test requirements has been specified.
• Reviewing and Approval of contractor’s QC Documents like Quality Assurance plan (QAP), MS, Inspection and Test Plan (ITP), and quality control program (QCP).
• Familiar with all common welding process like Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), Gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), Submerged arc welding (SAW) and Flux-cored arc welding (FCAW). Familiar with wide range of material including Carbon Steel, Low Alloy steel and Stainless Steels etc.
• Monitoring of other NDE practices and advice on Appropriate NDT Methods.
• Familiar with inspection and testing of Rotating equipment’s like Run out/ Clearances checks, Dynamic Balancing, Performance Testing, and Mechanical Run (No Load) Tests etc.
• Reviewing repair procedures, inspection methodologies, Inspection categorization plans.
• Conducting Internal, Sub-Contractors Audits.
• Resolving field issues.
• Prepare & organize surveillance/re-certification audits by certification body.
— Jun 2014
• Maintain QMS documents, records and related systems.
• Ensure effective systems for product traceability, control of non-conforming materials, and corrective actions.
• Lead or participate in annual internal audits.
• Provide guidance for preparation and participation in 3rd party audits at manufacturing sites.
• Preparing Request for Inspection (RFI) for mechanical works raise to Quality Management Information System (QMIS).
• Verifying the test certificates of manifold, gauges, relief valve, temperature recorder, torque wrench and visually inspecting the Materials.
• Evaluate and implement new systems and process changes to reduce costs, improve efficiency, and/or improve quality.
• Working with Quality and Manufacturing leadership, develop quality metrics and reports to improve visibility to quality performance.
• Customer Quality Reporting – generating quality certificates and customer specific statistics.
• Review test packages prior to execution of test; confirm that all related documents prior to testing have been present in the test packs.