B.E (Instrumentation) having 13 years of rich experience in Fertilizer & Power.
Last Updated: 19th March 2018 (over 4 years ago)
This is with reference to your advertisement; I am submitting herewith my resume for your perusal & favorable consideration for the post of Instrumentation Engineer in your organization.
A systematic, organized & high-performing individual with an analytical bent of mind & fitting academic credentials, I have 13 years of work experience & am currently spearheading efforts as a senior instrument engineer with Ruwais Fertilizer Industries (A Group Company of Abu Dhabi National Oil Company- ADNOC), Ruwais, Abu Dhabi.
I have thorough experience in maintenance, troubleshooting & commissioning of field instrumentation, DCS/ESD & applicable codes & practices.
A hard working & talented individual seeking a job that would synergies my skills & knowledge with the objectives of the organization, I assure to give my best both independently & as part of a team.
The above credentials along with my enclosed resume make me ideally suitable for a position in your organization. I reckon that my grooming level is apt to look outward for challenging responsibility & would appreciate an opportunity for a personal interview.
Address:Villa No - O-273, Ruwais Housing Complex, Ruwais, Abu Dhabi,UAE.
— Aug 2004
Diploma in Instrumentation & Control Engineering
— Jan 2000
First Class with Distinction.
Sr. Instrument Engineer
— Dec 2017
• Selected & Commissioned new Gas chromatograph, CO, H2S & Oxygen analyzer in ammonia plant & N/C meter in urea Plant.
• Commissioned Honeywell make DCS (Experion PKS) system in Ammonia Plant in Fertil-02.
• Selected, Plan & Replaced 7200 Probes with 3300 Probes in Five Compressors in Oct-2016 T/A.
• Commissioned Flame scanners for the startup heater in Oct - 2016 T/A.
• Selected & Replaced Pneumatic Transmitters with Electronic Transmitters in Oct-2016 T/A.
• Commissioned & logic test performed for New Auxiliary Boiler Instruments in Oct-2016 T/A.
• Selected & Replaced Bently Nevada 3500/25 KPH Module with 3500/50m Tachometer module in Five Compressors for redundant speed indication in Oct-2016 T/A.
• Accountable for the control & instrumentation of Ammonia, Urea, Utility, Granulation & CDR plants, overhauling of control valves, calibration & loop checking of instruments, review of instrument data sheets/installation diagrams, preparation of instrument specification sheets, technical clarification/evaluation, planning of shutdown maintenance & manpower, planning of spares/inventory management & inspection of instruments. Provides inputs for preventative maintenance schedule for all field instrumentation and equipments.
• Trouble shooting and failure analysis of various instrumentation & associated control systems such as DCS, Triconex Safety PLC, Compressor Control System like CCC with Vanguard Duplex Configuration, Reliant & Bently Nevada (3500) vibration monitoring system.
• Responsible for the maintenance & troubleshooting of analyzers, gas detectors, control valves, transmitters, Gas chromatographs, N/C meter & other field instruments.
• Carries out the role of facilitator (trainer) & assists in preparing training programs for UAE nationals under going for on-the job training by identify specific training needs. Provides training, guidance & counseling to trainees, developees & other subordinates with a clear objective of career development.
— Dec 2012
• Commissioned new vibration monitoring system (make Bently Nevada) for Syn. Gas Compressor.
• Selected control valves & transmitters for capacity enhancement project of ammonia & urea plant.
• Successfully commissioned Honeywell make safety manager system (SIL-3 level) in ammonia plant.
• Successfully commissioned Honeywell make Advanced Process Control system for ammonia plant, results in an overall reduction in specific energy consumption.
• Successfully commissioned Honeywell make Process Historian Database (PHD) system for ammonia & urea plant.
• Commissioned New Ethernet Based Temperature Monitoring Module in Ammonia Plant.
• Carried out maintenance & troubleshooting of DCS system and ensuring proper functioning of analyzers, control valves, transmitters, gas chromatographs, super heater burners & vapor absorption machine.
• Accountable for the control & instrumentation of Ammonia plant, overhauling of control valves, calibration & loop checking of instruments, review of instrument data sheets/installation diagrams, preparation of instrument specification sheets, listing of bill of material & bid-evaluation. Planning of shutdown maintenance & manpower. Planning of spares & inventory management.
• Suggest modifications after parameter analysis to enhance operational efficiency by using tools such as FMEA, RCM, Cause & Effect chart & Why-Why analysis.
Projects Undertaken in Indo – Gulf Fertilizers Ltd.
• Revamp of Gas based power plant DCS & Its integration with Ammonia & Urea Plant:
A.) Replaced old ABB system with Honeywell DCS System (C300 Controller) in Power Plant & Successfully Integrate Ammonia & Urea DCS server with Power plant DCS.
• Redundancy of Steam Super Heater Burner Management System:
A.) Successfully Replaced the Obsolete Safety Monitoring System of Steam Super Heater with Siemens S-7 PLC, having redundant Architecture.
Operation & Maintenance Executive
— Nov 2006
Customer Support Engineer
— Mar 2001