Expert in Project Management and Construction Management with 20+ years of experience with PMP
Last Updated: 7th May 2018 (over 4 years ago)
Until recently, I did 2x660 MW Chhabra Project (1 Billion USD) which was commissioned in record time of 42 months, best so for in country for any indigenous machine. I have a verifiable track record of successfully completing big projects (ranging 100 M - 1000 M USD) by developing partnerships, and building positive rapport with business partners including contractors, local agencies and clients while controlling the cost.
I have done both Combined cycle as well coal based Power Plants.
Colleagues knows me as self motivated & energetic Leader who leads by example who can always be trusted for new and out of box thinking keeping business goal in mind. What sets me apart from the masses is my unique ability to see things from both a creative standpoint as well as a business perspective.
About education, I am an Engineer with Executive Program in Business Management from IIM, Kolkatta. In addition, I am PMP (IPM-Switzerland) and done certification program in “Strategic Project & Program Management” from George Washington University, USA.
My major skills are:
• Project Management/Construction Management
• Project / Site Administration
• Techno Commercial / Contract Negotiations
• Contract & Claim Management
• Budgeting & Cost Controls
• Safety/OSHA Compliance
• Resource Planning and Management
• Procurement and Logistics/Vendor Management/Material Management
• Team Building & Leadership
I am currently pursuing new opportunity to explore my skills and experience of Project Management and Construction Management.
— Jun 1989
• Led the Team for successful Engineering, Procurement , Erection and Commissioning of various projects.
• Having mix experience of Project Management & Construction Management, gives me edge to take holistic view of any issue/situation to make a better decision
• Recipient of several recognitions for commendable efforts in execution and management of various Projects in L&T and NTPC. Backed by strong credentials and a proven history of on-time, on-budget and high-quality project completions.
• Managed site construction (crew size 700+ & labor 8000+) within budgets and completion timelines. Managed several Expats and also consortium project with foreign partners.
• Have potential & experience in developing multi-disciplinary high performing teams and individuals.
Spearheading Project Management activities
Managing site construction (crew size 700+ and labor 8000+) within budgets and completion timelines
Implementing time and cost optimization solutions, adopting Lean construction principles
Ensuring availability of material, manpower as per the project requirement
Coordinating with vendors, customers for claim management
Planning project phases till close out
• 2X 660MW Chhabra Supercritical RRVUNL TPS, Rajasthan - value $1 billion
• 238MW CGPTfor IOCL Panipat - value $ 200 million
• Kutch Lignite Power R&M Project (2 x 70MW) – Gujarat Electricity Board - Value $20 Million
• 1 x 110MW, 2 X 60MW Ennore Thermal Power Station – TNEB R&M Project - value $ 20 Million
• 330MW Pragati CGPT Greenfield Project at Delhi for Balance of Plant - value $ 38 Million
• 100MW Captive CGPT for Gujarat Cements - value $20 Million
• 2 x 23 MW Thermal Power Project for Awarpur Cement Plant - value: $ 22 Million