Last Updated: 8th May 2017 (over 5 years ago)
— Nov 1999
HME Workshop Supervisor (specialist and Rebuild)
— Apr 2017
December 2016 – April 2017 (Current)
Specialist and Rebuild Supervisor
Working as specialist on mobile equipment for the complete operation. Devolping correct service procedure and improvement on all mobile equipment on the mine.(Caterpillar, Volvo , Sandvik, LDV’s )
• Planning and execution of machines for major repair.
• Implementing correct service schedules as per OEM specification and monitoring execution of machine services
• Design and execute improvemets on the fleet to improve availibility and reliability of the mobile surface and underground machines by using failure anylisys on failed components to determine root cuase of failure.
• Design and implement safety systems on Volvo engines to protect engines against overheating.
• Implementing commision procedures for new and repaired components, controlling the warranty of components with suppliers.
• Ordering and controlling of spares for varouis breakdowns, planning for repairs to be executed.
• Evaluate store stock and re adjusting stock levels in conjuction with stores manager to correct stock levels to accomodate correct service schedules, breakdown repairs and preventive maintenance.
• Daily breakdown reporting to enginering manager aswell as communication with production manager regarding breakdowns and planned repairs on daily basis.
Reason for leaving: Contract ended by mine due to goverment requirement to reduce expat numbers with immediate effect. (April 2017)