Last Updated: 31st October 2019 (over 2 years ago)
MSc in Project Management – Construction and Infrastructure
— Jul 2018
BSc & Post Graduate Diploma in Science and Rural Surveying Engineering
— Sep 2000
II.Thessaloniki Port Authrority- Expansion of the marine Works infrastructure of Pier 6 EUR 130 M
— Sep 2019
The Port of Piraeus is located in the Mediterranean Sea basin and it is set in an area above five (5) million square meters. Piraeus port is the largest seaport in Greece and amongst the largest in Europe. In addition to being the center of communications for the Greek islands, it is also the busiest passenger port in Europe and the third busiest in the world.
Situated close to the international trade routes, the port is a vital international transportation hub of marine tourism and commercial carriage of goods linking the Mediterranean with Northern Europe, the Balkans and Black Sea countries
The main responsibilities as Project Coordinator include:
• Responsibility as head of program management team for the entire program of 11 Mandatory Enhancements
• Leading and managing personnel, for the design review prior to PPA’s submittal to the Hellenic Republic
• Representing the company in meetings with all key stakeholders at top-level public authorities and organisations for Projects’ issues.
• Lead and Direct Project Team on site operations monitoring for all projects.
• Producing and updating accurate, detailed and timely Independent Engineer’s Consultant monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the CAPEX status and progress
• Review, analyse and evaluate Project Master Schedule design, design schedules, construction procurement schedules, including third party impacts or constraints.
• Contract Management
• Review Master Plan and Port Development Plan
Deputy Project Manager
— Feb 2013
My main responsibilities included: Piraeus port project:Prepare tender documents, on the basis of the Greek legislation for the tendering of each contract, including Letter of Tender, Specifications, Methods of Measurement, Bills of Quantities or Schedule of Rates and a revised estimate of costs, together with an assembly of all other documents that are necessary for the tendering purpose Sign, jointly with PPA S.A., all certifications pertinent to applicable technical specifications and standards, as well as the certifications attesting adherence to qualitative and operational requirements. Liaise with PPA S.A., on project procedures with regard to progress. Participate in weekly and monthly progress meetings. Compile quantitative progress certificates relating to the various items of the Price Schedule Breakdown for the construction. Monitor the Works progress certificates and corresponding payment certificates, and payment certificates relating to variation orders. Certify upon substantial completion of the works, that the completed works generally comply with the design intent and with the requirements of each contract
Recommend to PCT on the necessity for inspection and testing of materials, in conjunction with PPA SA and in accordance with the provisions of each works contract. Liaising with PCT and reviewing design changes carried out by contractors due to site conditions or as initiated by PCT. Independently documenting and reporting the completion of separate elements of the Works against an agreed breakdown.
Senior Value Engineering Manager / Interfaces – Infrastructure
— Mar 2016
My main responsibilities were:
• Responsibility as head of project management and operations management services for all infrastructure networks systems of the new Cairo Museum
• Leading and managing personnel, engendering an environment of high motivation, positive engagement and providing the support required to ensure the delivery of optimal performance
• Liaising effectively with all stakeholders regarding project planning to ensure the achievement of all deadlines and cost control to ensure adherence to budgetary restrictions
• Managing all aspects of the value engineering operation, including preparing and assessing value engineering strategy design and producing comprehensive progress reports for the client
• Reviewing and evaluating contractors’ value engineering proposals and reporting on the impact of the client value engineering works on the budget
• Producing and updating accurate, detailed and timely PMC monthly reports on value engineering, infrastructure and interfaces with external authorities
• Coordinating various infrastructure activities, dealing with contractor requests for information, and reviewing and supervising contractor survey works
• Supervising and inspecting onsite works to ensure the highest standards on quality and accuracy
• Organising utilities/services required for project implementation
• Proactively contributing to weekly and monthly progress meetings to provide updates and resolve issues
Sr. Infrastructure Engineer
— Jan 2011
Responsibilities and tasks: Daily follow up of team inspectors' duties. Follow up infrastructure contractors' progress. Inspect/approve materials and workmanship. Prepare and update monthly presentation and maps. Participate in weekly and monthly progress meetings with extended duties as client liaison with Infrastructure contractor and building contractors due to all project requirements with particular interest in the road and Master Planning implementation works.
Civil & Infrastructure Superintendent
— Aug 2008
Responsibilities and tasks: Construction Management and Quality Control. Coordinated filed activities with design changes and internal scheduling. Prepared daily construction logs for ongoing projects. Performed budget and cost breakouts for subject appraisal and approval process. Coordinated filed activities with design changes and internal scheduling. Verified field measurement of survey team for final designs. Inspections and Pre-Bid RFI to Architects.