Last Updated: 20th March 2018 (over 4 years ago)
These projects are the following: a 5-star hotel located in the port of Cádiz, an office building for the Spanish Government located in Cádiz, a nursing home located in Majorca, Prototype containerized offices for ETECSA located in Cuba, re-branding of the buildings of restaurants for a well-known chain and design of low cost easy build hostels for customer Iceland.
The above projects required me to carry out the following scopes of work:
- Carry out the design and feasibility studies and produce the relevant projects documentation to comply with the local regulations and ensure optimal solutions for the different stages of the project.
- Liaise with the client to meet the project requirement as well as liaise with constructor, engineers and suppliers to ensure the project feasibility.
- Monitoring the costs for each of the stages of the project and ensure the projects were completed within the planned timescale and within the budget.
MAY 2016 – JULY 2017 Design, development and management of an integral refurbishment of an apartment block located in Cádiz (Spain).
The above project required me to carry out the following scopes of work:
- Carry out the design and feasibility studies and produce the relevant project documentation to comply with the local regulations and ensure optimal solutions for the different stages of the refurbishment.
- Liaise with the Council office to get the corresponding project permissions within a timely manner.
- Oversee the construction and liaise with the different companies involved in the construction process to make sure the project is built as per the design, the regulations, the agreed budget and within the time scale.
- Monitoring the costs of the different stages of the project thoroughly in order to keep the agreed budget on completion of the project.
MAY 2014 –APR 2016 Working for the client BP as a Lead Architectural / Structural Engineer on the Clair Ridge Project based in Ulsan, South Korea. My duties are as follows:
- Represent BP Site Engineering Quality Team for all architectural matters
for both the engineering and construction of the Topsides.
- Responsible for resolving both site engineering and technical queries
associated with Architectural and structural matters including PFP that
were raised by the fabrication contractor (Hyundai Heavy Industries).
- Responsible for controlling the fabrication and installation of all architectural components to ensure Project schedules are met. Including supervision of the design, manufacturing, fabrication and installation of blast walls and fire barriers.
- Review PDMS model to confirm the proposed design is acceptable and update the design when required.
- Liaise with the Hook-Up contractor to ensure all aspects of the offshore hook-up are captured in the design.
SEP 2011 – OCT 2012 Employed by Dragados Offshore, S.A., in Cadiz as an Architectural / Structural Designer for the ConocoPhillips Jasmine development project where I was involved in the design and construction of two offshore platforms destined for the North Sea. My main duties were to resolve design issues associated with the Structural and architectural design.
JUL 2009 – SEPT 2011 Working with a well-known Architect, Rafael Otero, in Cadiz, to oversee the design and project management for the University of Engineering and a Primary School Project in Cadiz.
FEB 2008 – JUL 2009 Employed by Itinera Arquitectos to work within a small team of architects in Seville, working on the design of a Sports buildings and offices buildings in Seville including a variety of renovation projects.
OCT 2007 – NOV 2007 Employed by the University of Seville’s Department of Urban and Regional Planning, working on a study to evaluate the growth of cities and surroundings throughout Andalucía.
FEB 2007 – SEP 2007 Employed by G&G Ibérica, S.L., in Seville, working within the technical department of Project Management for a developer company, working on a variety of projects in Spain and Portugal ensuring compliance of regional planning and licensing.
JUL 2006 – AGO 2006 Working within a small team of Architects for Engineering and Planning, Proditecnic Arquitectos, S.L., in Cadiz, designing a great variety of
community housing projects throughout Cadiz.
— Sep 2010